Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17246 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

700 might have turned out differently, if Peter told Carlie this

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

In 700, when Carlie asked Peter to tell her something only they would know, what he said was

But I think he should have said this

She has a Spider-man tattoo on her hip and as far I know, only Peter and a friend who was with her when she got it, knew about. She told him in The Amazing Spider-Man #660

So my question is why didn't he tell her that and if he did how might it have turned out

Personally

I think she would have believed him and helped him in getting his body back, how, I would have to think it over

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I'm not sure that would have helped too much though. As it was Carlie did not stop him from gaining the gold ock bot, and I doubt there would be too much she could have done to help Spidey fight himself. It would surely have affected the upcoming events in Superior though

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3  Edited By gotwillpower

You've got a point. But maybe it was in the heat of the moment and he couldn't think of anything else. In response to those that say it wouldn't have changed anything in 700, I agree.

In case anyone reading hasn't realized, this thread spoils a little bit of 700.

However, immediately after Peter died in Ock's body, I'm sure Carlie would have gone to the Avengers/etc. So Superior Spider-man wouldn't last as long. As it is now, it will take much longer for Carlie or anyone else to connect the dots.
    Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Shawnbaby

@animehunter: Here's the deal...She got that Tat months back. You're assumption is that she or her friend never told anyone else since then, That she would know that Peter has never told anyone else, and that she would believe anything that Doc Ock would say to her regardless.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.