Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17243 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

50th Anniversary Flop

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Shadowsnake89

Is it just me or did it seem that Marvel didn't try to hard to celebrate the Web-slinger's big landmark. They teamed him with Morales, then a new movie that was meh to me, and then killed him off.

I would have liked at least a better show than Ultimate, attempt to acknowledge Spider-girl; that's a whole untapped market for Marvel to break into, and maybe add some new lasting rogues to his gallery.

But what do you think, did they put forth a decent effort or not?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

*ahem*.....50th anniversary buddy....

And yes,we agree on the other topics you presented.I would love Pete and MJ having a baby in ASM 700(no OMD),or getting back together(yes OMD)
    A decent show for adults and kids too9like Spectacular) and an awesome movie......so.....0/3 Bravo Marvel!

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shadowsnake89

@punyparker: Yeah, sorry. My brain gets kind of foggy around midnight.

I really thought they would treat their star player with some more respect. Than I remember that Disney got their hands on it. Seeing Peter get back in a lasting relationship would be a start to turning his book back around. The Ultimate show is just so bad, I could only watch two episodes. The list could go on on how bad they treated the Anniversary. I really wonder why Marvel sold out like they did.

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By clonesaga2099

@shadowsnake89: It was a flop, but that's okay. The fans still like Spider-Man and that's all that really matters. We don't have to like what Marvel's doing to him now , but we can still rejoice in what he's done in the past. After all we're celebrating 50 years of the Spider, not just what's happened recently.

Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shadowsnake89

@clonesaga2099: I guess you're right. You know what; I'm having my own Spider-man fest. I'm watching my favorite episodes of every show and then reading my Spider-island TPB.

Thanks clonesaga2099.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.