1991 Spiderman Issue that either predicted Sept 11 or sparked the idea...

#1 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1244 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1244 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure that is NOT the first time the WTC was seen destroyed or in shattered ruins from some attack in comics. Like I said I can't really say for certain but I remember distinctly seeing something like this in another comic way back when.

#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie Time Machine from 2001 had chunks of the moon crashing into Earth and destroying monuments all over the planet. One shot was of the World Trade Center being destroyed, of course when it actually happened they removed the scene from the final cut of the movie. Destroying the largest or most iconic structure in the area isn't really a new idea.

#5 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1244 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus:  You mean this? 

#6 Posted by cattlebattle (12788 posts) - - Show Bio
There is a Cracked article that features this and some other predictions that strangely came to fruition 

I'll find a link if you want
#7 Posted by MagneticShockwave (1244 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
There is a Cracked article that features this and some other predictions that strangely came to fruition 

I'll find a link if you want
Sure.
#8 Posted by cattlebattle (12788 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Tigerstriper (455 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

@MagneticShockwave: Bingo

#11 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

I highly doubt the Taliban are big Spider-Man fans. Doctor Doom on the other hand...

#12 Posted by Baron_BJ (120 posts) - - Show Bio

Even entertaining that idea is ludicrous. Not to mention that there was no explination given to the cause of the damage to the building; for all we know it was just damaged by the fight.

If I must entertain this though I'd say that it seems more akin to the world trade center bombing of 1991, not the bombings that came 10 years later.

This is nothing but a cry for attention.

#13 Posted by EugeneSaxe (227 posts) - - Show Bio

The stated idea behind the attack was to hit America's "financial heart", if you will. What exemplifies that more than the WORLD TRADE CENTER? Besides, Nostradamus "predicted" it hundreds of years earlier, and I'm pretty sure there's an undiscovered cave painting of it somewhere too.

#14 Posted by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

The Super Mario Bros. movie beat you to it.

#15 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting.

#16 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7864 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, Godzilla predicted it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.