Follow

Spider-Man

Character » Spider-Man appears in 17242 issues.

Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider as a teenager, granting him spider-like powers. After the death of his Uncle Ben, Peter learned that "with great power, comes great responsibility." Swearing to always protect the innocent from harm, Peter Parker became Spider-Man.

100th Anniversary Spider-Man is worried about your future

Wurzel2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wurzel2099

"Please Mr. Parker. You should know better than anyone. There are no more secrets. Everything is so linked and connected. And with this suit, there isn't anywhere I can't go or anything I can't control."

"The world is so automatic now, no one even has to think about anything anymore. So why don't I just think for them?"

-Techno-Venom

No Caption Provided

100th Anniversary issue of Spider-Man is not about Spider-Man's possible future, but more of a message about humanity's possible future of mass surveillance and the heavy reliance of technology. What do you think?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No different than any other future issue. When the 100th anniversary issue does come to pass, I doubt that this issue will be featured as there will be a very different creative team who'll just ignore it as restore Peter and Mary Jane's Pre-OMD timeline.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

a message about humanity's possible future of mass surveillance and the heavy reliance of technology.

sure, but it wasnt very thought provoking. this topic is talked about so much its not like the comic brings up any new or interesting ideas to get people talking and concerned about the future.

Wurzel2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@averywetfrog: I haven't seen much newer comics trying to send a message like this though. I just thought it was cool how the story wasn't progressed not just through words but through the characters and the art. I really enjoyed the metaphors.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.