Follow

Spider-Man 2099

Character » Spider-Man 2099 appears in 502 issues.

In the year 2099, Miguel O'Hara, the head of the genetics department for the Alchemax Corporation becomes the legendary hero know as Spider-Man.

C2E2 13: Date for the Return of Spider-Man 2099 Revealed

• 58 results
    JamDamage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

ThePRez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By ThePRez

@kryptonsabbath: I dont like skulls designs on costumes. The only one, for me, that makes the skull great is the punisher.

tigerex78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always liked Miguel O'Hara. This might get me to pick up an issue of Superior Spider-man.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Guardiandevil83

looking forward to this. loved his first crossover with Pete as Spidey.

Avatar image for cosmic_sentinel
    Cosmic Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By Cosmic Sentinel

This is the first piece of good Spider-man news in about ten years. If they throw in the return of Ben Reilly, I'd be really happy. Maybe O'Hara and Reilly could team up and rescue Peter Parker from the clutches of his real enemy, Joe Quesada.

Off Topic: It's testament to just how big a dump Marvel took on ol' web-head that the only good Spider-man related stuff is from the nineties, the decade most other characters pretend never happened, or earlier.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

.......I might pick up this issue to see how it is. Hope it's 90's Miguel and not the Timestorm version.

I agree with this.

@adamwarlox:@jamdamage: Miguel was given a dose of a highly addictive drug (rapture iirc) by Tyler Stone. When he went to try to get it out of his system by "resetting" his DNA, a rival added spider DNA to his, bidda boom, Spider-Man 2099. He is no longer addicted to the drug. I don't know about Timestorm S-M 2099, but if he's not the original, his story could be different. (I avoided that series on the principle it was going to ruin my 2099)

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

@donovan_montgomery: You were smart to avoid Timestorm, it may not absolutely have ruined the 2099 world, but all the changes they made, of which there were many, all were changes for the worse. In Miguel's case, his family history is still very similar, but they de-aged him to be in high school when he becomes Spider-Man, so he's pretty much a mix between Miguel and Ultimate Peter Parker. And I'm pretty sure the whole Rapture angle was completely removed. I can't say much about that book has stuck with me though.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

@nappystr8: I remember reading something about that plus some. I might pick up the trade to read from the library out of curiosity but doubt I'll buy it.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Makes me wonder if they are going to bring back the 2099 Universe entirely over time. Start with Miguel and work up to the others. Was a fan of the old 2099 books back in the 90s and would love to see 'em again today!

Rolls7royce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am i the only person who wants Bendis to write Spider-man in the 616 universe? Ultimate Spider-man is what got me interested in reading the main universe Spidey again. Plus, if he was going to kill Peter Parker in the 616, he would give him the sendoff he deserves.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.