Follow

Spider-Girl (Parker)

Character » Spider-Girl (Parker) appears in 481 issues.

The daughter of Peter Parker, the original Spider-Man, May "Mayday" Parker continues her father's legacy as the Spider-Woman of Earth-982 (MC2 Universe).

Awesome Toy Picks: Spider-Girl--Marvel Legends Infinite Series

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. This week we're taking a look at a figure from the Marvel Legends Build-a-Figure Spider-Man line--Spider-Girl.

No Caption Provided

I always find it interesting how the female figures don't have the name of the character on the front. I've seen the Daredevil and Spider-Man 2099 figures with their names on the front. You can see the Scarlet Witch figure HERE and the Captain Marvel figure HERE don't have their names on the package.

The back of the package doesn't have much information either but at least it mentions it's Spider-Girl.

No Caption Provided

(I almost got the Spider-Woman figure).

In this series, you can build the Phil Urich version of Hobgoblin. It's kind of ironic that, along with the wings, you get what looks like a decapitated head, especially if you read his appearance in the Big Time storyline.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is the MC2May "Mayday" Parker version of Spider-Girl. What's cool about her costume is how she took on the Ben Reilly Spider-Man design, including having the web-shooters on the outside of her costume.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

One good and the bad thing is her hands are permanently in the about to shoot webs/thwipping position. They may look a little bulky but it sort of doesn't make sense that Spider-Man can wear them under his costume and there's usually no sign of them. We've also seen other modifications made to the shooters.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The Marvel Legends figures seem to have the occasional tiny paint mess ups. It's not too bad but there's some paint marks on the inside of her right arm.

The other problem, can't really be blamed on the manufacturing of the figure. The spider-legs of the costume don't line up at her shoulders.

No Caption Provided

Of course, you can fix this by raising her arms up so they do line up.

No Caption Provided

The problem is, if you look at the figure from the front, it looks a little odd.

No Caption Provided

With the Spider-characters, you'd want to try to put them in a Spider-Man like pose. There is a lot of articulation with these figures and you can move and position the legs in many ways. I just couldn't get her in a crouching-like position.

No Caption Provided

You can put her in a strange running position.

No Caption Provided

I do like the split on the leg-boots. Again, this reflects the original costume and was a slight departure from the traditional Spider-Man costume but not too drastically different.

No Caption Provided

Another slight thing that bothered me was the joint at the elbow. Perhaps it's because the figure is a little more on the petit side, but you can see part of the forearm piece sticking out.

No Caption Provided

To answer the big question everyone is most likely thinking about--how does she look with the Hobgoblin head on?

Rock on!
    Rock on!

Yeah, that's a pretty disturbing image.

Don't get me wrong, I do like the figure. It's absolutely fantastic to see figures of female characters. We know the old bit where toy companies don't think shoppers want action figures of "girl" characters. Perhaps it's the $20-ish price tag on these figures. That makes it geared a little more towards collectors and those that would actually care about having some variety instead of just seeing variants of the main "popular" characters, like Spider-Man.

Just so we don't end with that disturbing image, you can try making it look like she's climbing walls.

No Caption Provided

That's it for this week. Let us know what you think of this figure. Have you picked it up? Should I have picked up the "Spider-Woman" figure instead? We need to see more Mayday in comics. We'll have another figure in the spotlight next time.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Dat Ass

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Should I have picked up the "Spider-Woman" figure instead?

Hasbro doesn't seem to care either way since they gave them interchangeable packaging. They are simply "warriors of the web." Lame. I'm a little disappointed at how cheap it looks. They made such cool Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch figures (though of course interchangeably "Maidens of Might"(Lame)), it's sad they seemed to skimp on this one. Was the Spider-Woman better? Is the hair really locked in that wind-blown form on the real one?

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

"Thwipping" is definitely my word of the day today.

Avatar image for currentthor2015
    CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@galacticfork: I would have bought the Captain Marvel figure except her energy blasts were the wrong colour, purple instead of orange.

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Lurkero

This is a Spider costume that I'd never seen before. It looks really cool.I would say that the external web shooters allow more webbing, but we all know webbing only plays a role when it is plot convenient.

This figure looks to be of the sub $15 rather than the $20 category so I would wait for a price decrease.

Saint_Talker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recently saw an Agent Venom figure and thought he belonged with this series... Turnned out I was wrong

Grios2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seen spider woman didnt buy her cus looked cheap. this looks better...not by much, I want the daredevil. note,she'd look better with a pony tail or something this trying to make all females needs to stop already.

Grios2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I seen spider woman didnt buy her cus looked cheap. this looks better...not by much, I want the daredevil. note,she'd look better with a pony tail or something this trying to make all females loik like men for equality crap needs to stop already.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 owie  Moderator

That is weird that they don't have their names on the package.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@owie: and only on the female characters! At least from what I've noticed.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

I think your elbow issue lies in the fact that you have the forearm turned backwards.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By leokearon

@g_man: Not true, in the Captain America Mandroid range, Baron Zemo and AIM Soldier were packaged as "Soldiers of AIM", while Red Skull and Hydra Soldier were packaged under "Agents of Hydra".

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@g_man: Not true, in the Captain America Mandroid range, Baron Zemo and AIM Soldier were packaged as "Soldiers of AIM", while Red Skull and Hydra Soldier were packaged under "Agents of Hydra".

No Caption Provided

What's odd is why Zemo is a "Soldier of A.I.M." since he's never had any real connection to that group, like at all. Personally I don't understand why they don't just put the characters name on the box, just seems random to group them off like that.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@war_killer: Most likely reason is production numbers and saving money on the package printing. Using completely made up numbers and the Captain America figures you showed, let's say 10,000 figures in a run are made for each Captain America figure, but 5,000 for either "Soldier of A.I.M." and either "Agent of H.Y.D.R.A." were produced. Separately the package printers would only need 3 print runs of 10,000 boxes per run.

Avatar image for theangrybrownguy
    theangrybrownguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grios2020: I agree. You can let her be "feminine" and look like a woman besides the obvious chest area. Looks like they slapped "that chest" on a Spider-Man figure.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have this one, she looks good. I feel due to the fact she's smaller then the male figures, you have to be more of the cautious side while handling her.

Deathpool10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I dont know if anyone is interested but theres a youtuber that reviews various comic book figures and other movie related figures called ShartimusPrime, hes reviewed this neat little piece right here!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.