Follow

Spider-Girl (Corazón)

Character » Spider-Girl (Corazón) appears in 340 issues.

Anya Sofía Corazón is a 17 year old super-heroine who originally went by the name Araña and had a symbiotic exoskeleton which emanated from her spider-shaped tattoo. She then lost those powers and instead gained new powers similar to that of Spider-Man. Anya currently goes by the name of Spider-Girl.

Off My Mind: Do We Need a "New" Spider-Girl?

• 65 results
    cloak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By cloak

this is good. marvel is in need of a famous hispanic character. not saying that there isnt. but there isnt any currently that have there own arc right now. this is good.

speederina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By speederina

Well, it sounds like Araña has graduated to the flashing-people-in-spandex class. Spider-man so does not need a side-kick. Too bad about Spider-girl though, even though I only read the comic for Black Tarantula. :-)

Avatar image for journey_into_chaos
    Journey Into Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

no idea. since i've never read the spider-girl series. 

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

With May Parker she is my favorite comic book character for me. With Arana (and yes I am calling her Arana and will not call her Spider-girl) she is one of those characters that for me is forgetable and will not last. I think her title is just going to be like Young Allies that she was in and will not do good. The reason I think they are changing her name to Spider-girl is that way people see the connection with Spider-man and they will buy the comic only because of the connection but, not because her story is good and because of a great development of her character which will probably never form in the first place. Do I think this series will do good? In my opinion the first issue will do good but, by the 5th people are going to be dropping it from their pull list. They cancelled May's title right after the news of this title. So, they are obviously saying there is not enough room for 2 Spider-girls. But the thing with May is that the sales were not that great because people did not see a need to buy it because it did not effect their other books and she was from a different universe. But if they actually gave it a chance they would see May was different from so many other heroes and even from all different teenage girls. So, replacing May for Arana who did not have to change her name but, changed her name for a fighting chance to have sales was a very stupid idea. Like I said I have nothing against Arana but, she can never beat the real Spider-girl. May "Mayday" Parker was stuff of legends and nothing is ever going to change that not even Arana.

angryamazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By angryamazon

I actually never read a Spider-Girl comic but browsing through Arana's image gallery, I can say that I like her new costume. I felt like the one with the goggles felt like DC's Impulse (Bart Allen) and Spiderman had a love child. One thing is for sure, this "Off My Mind" has got me looking into Arana's character and curious about her comic.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Eyz

After Mavel cancelling Spider-girl books a bazillion times...they take off her name and give it to Araña....
    Poor Mayday :/
    Plus Araña's name AND costume really made her stand out amongst the other Marvel superheroes... and now she recycles Arachn's costume as well! :(

The editorial non-sense decisions of the Spider-books continues~

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#57  Edited By cbishop

1) Mayday is a future character, and a story set in the future is only going to last but so long.  Spider-Girl was a fun title, but just about everything had to be worked up new. 

2) I think giving Arana the Spider-Girl name is about a) putting the name in the present day Marvel Universe, b) preserving the rights to the name, and c) "Spider-Girl" is a more readily identifiable name than Arana.  You say "Arana," and people have to answer, "What's that mean?  What's she do?" and inevitably, "Why didn't they just call her 'Spider-Girl?'"  You say, "Spider-Girl," and the answer is, "Oh, like Spider-Man? Cool." 

In story, it might be a little harder to justify it, but business-wise, it makes all kinds of sense.

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By DEADPOOL

She looks good in it.

Avatar image for andrea_mendoza1997
    andrea_mendoza1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

No its just annoying how they make more superheroes   !!!  new names new powers

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#60  Edited By frogjitsu

I wish they just kept her old name and costume.  At least then, she was uniquely herself.  Now she is just another "Spider-girl" with a hand-me-down costume at that, and one that doesn't even suit her personality (in my book anyways).

golvellius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By golvellius

Marvel is just heading straight for the wall again with this change.  She was somewhat interesting with the whole exosqueleton spider-like costume, but not interesting enough to have her own title.  If They wanted a Spidergirl they should have used Julia Carpenter's daughter.  Its time for marvel to make this characters grow.  Ant man's daughter was a great idea.  When we se characters grow within our make believe universe it adds a sense of time and reality.  With Marvel....everything is like frozen in time, stagnant, or moving very slowly....

misterz173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 118

#62  Edited By misterz173

The first Spider-Girl was for an alternate universe, Earth-982. This Spider-Girl is for the mainsteam Marvel Universe, Earth-616. The mainstream Marvel Universe needs a Spider-Girl in it. so what if there's another Spider-Girl, she lives in an alternate universe. Plus, they are both cool!    

misterz173

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 118

#63  Edited By misterz173

Yes!

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By BaBaBoom

I love the costume.  I love the name-change.  I love the series. I don't give a crap about a spidergirl in an alternate universe.  that's my thoughts

Radread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#65  Edited By Radread

The problem was, Marvel didn't have to go having Anya have her new series be called "Spider-Girl" when they just cancelled the previous one that starred a completely different character. I love Anya but her series making it past the first year is probably not going to happen. Her sales are worse than May's previous series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.