Follow

Spider-Girl (Corazón)

Character » Spider-Girl (Corazón) appears in 340 issues.

Anya Sofía Corazón is a 17 year old super-heroine who originally went by the name Araña and had a symbiotic exoskeleton which emanated from her spider-shaped tattoo. She then lost those powers and instead gained new powers similar to that of Spider-Man. Anya currently goes by the name of Spider-Girl.

I Want My Araña Back!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Marvel, YOU OWE ME ONE! I sat there and read all of your garbage events although I knew half way through that they would suck. I gave you my money along with everyone else and with that you can still exist. If you don't know, Marvel used to have a hispanic superhero, called  Araña. She was a fairly unique character until she was depowered in Ms.Marvel and she later became Earth-616's Spider-Girl. I first of all feel like it was detrimental to May Parker (the real Spider-Girl) because she's been the only Spider-Girl we knew for years. Even in other universes like Earth-9997 when Spider-Girl appears, it's May. Now you have Anya Corazon running around in Julia Carpenter's old costume with no unique abilities trying to make something of the "Spider-Girl" name. Of course when they gave Anya her first ongoing since becoming Spider-Girl it flopped, but what did they expect? When has this type of marketing EVER worked for them? The same thing happened to the female Ghost Rider, Alejandra and the female Wolverine, Laura Kinney.I want Marvel to change  Araña back . Whatever they have to do for her to get her original powers back, they should go for it. Maybe it won't help her get an ongoing series or will it guarantee that ongoing will sell but at the very least it eliminates the # of characters they've created that have been completely ruined.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Magian

Have to agree with that. When she was Arana she was more unique but now she seems like just another superhero spin-off. Also Arana sounds much better than Spider-Girl even though I have to admit that I like her SG costume despite the fact that it is not exactly screams originality. Btw did they even explained how did she lose her Arana because I have no idea how that happened.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ComicMan24 said:

Btw did they even explained how did she lose her Arana because everywhere I have o idea how that happened.

During Civil War she was kind of Ms.Marvel's sidekick, when they fought Doomsday Man, he ripped her carapace off and it was never seen again. 

No Caption Provided
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Magian

@Vance Astro: Heard about that but from what I knew she still had her other powers after that fight. They just mysteriously disappeared some time between Grim Hunt and Young Allies where she mentioned that she had no powers at all and was adjusting to it.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ComicMan24 said:

@Vance Astro: Heard about that but from what I knew she still had her other powers after that fight. They just mysteriously disappeared some time between Grim Hunt and Young Allies where she mentioned that she had no powers at all and was adjusting to it.

She was supposed to have been depowered since the incident in Civil War. As far as I also knew, she didn't lose anything but the carapace. The words "depowered" kept being used to describe her but I never seen any on panel indication that she had actually lost her agility & strength.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Magian

@Vance Astro: This is what I also knew but I guess not even the writers have any idea lol But from what I know she have retained her Spider-Island powers for some reason even though the vaccine was used on her. Although I admit I could be wrong because I only read the main Spider-Island event and not a lot of the tie-ins.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ComicMan24 said:

@Vance Astro: This is what I also knew but I guess not even the writers have any idea lol But from what I know she have retained her Spider-Island powers for some reason even though the vaccine was used on her. Although I admit I could be wrong because I only read the main Spider-Island event and not a lot of the tie-ins.

I didn't read all of Spider-Island but I read an interview that came out before the release of Spider-Girl that said Anya didn't have any powers. Which makes no sense because clearly in the books, she did. I think the writers got confused on what the status of her abilities was supposed to be.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Magian

@Vance Astro: Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Btw Spider-Girl has been cancelled, right?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ComicMan24 said:

@Vance Astro: Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Btw Spider-Girl has been cancelled, right?

Yea.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Magian

@Vance Astro: So there is no way to confirm this I see.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ComicMan24 said:

@Vance Astro: So there is no way to confirm this I see.

Whatever happened with her powers has either been ignored or never came to fruition in the first place. Her book is cancelled but I believe she's a member of the Avengers Academy. I don't know if that got canned or not with Marvel NOW but I hope not.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Magian

@Vance Astro: No idea really. I know that some of the Avengers Academy members are to appear in that Battle Royale-like Avengers book but haven't heard anything about the AA book.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ComicMan24 said:

@Vance Astro: No idea really. I know that some of the Avengers Academy members are to appear in that Battle Royale-like Avengers book but haven't heard anything about the AA book.

There is a Marvel NOW teaser that says "Amateurs", that has to be a young superhero team book and I doubt it's Runaways.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Magian

@Vance Astro: According to CBR this is going to be about a team featuring Ms. America (the new one introduced in the Vengeance mini-series) Kid Loki, Wiccan and Hulkling.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @ComicMan24 said:

@Vance Astro: According to CBR this is going to be about a team featuring Ms. America (the new one introduced in the Vengeance mini-series) Kid Loki, Wiccan and Hulkling.

Oh, sounds cool. Tough break for Anya then.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Magian

@Vance Astro: Yeah, ohh well. You never know. There are a lot of teams. She might appear in one of them.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I hope so, but I also hope that she gets her Carapace back somehow. I'm tired of Marvel depowering characters. It doesn't make them more interesting...it really takes away what's unique about them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.