How the heck does Penance see out of that helmet thing?

#1 Posted by MUTANT413 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a solid plate...

#2 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a good question, and I have no answer for you

#3 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't.  He hasn't worn it since he put it on Nitro & beat the seven shades of doo-doo out of him.

#4 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio
xerox-kitty said:
"

He doesn't.  He hasn't worn it since he put it on Nitro & beat the seven shades of doo-doo out of him.

"
what?!  He has been fighting with his helmet on when he was on the Thunderbolts and seemed to be seeing fine. Currently I think he is like dead or in jail or something. I forget which, but I know it is Moonstone's fault.
#5 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Penance is awesome that's how he see's out of it.

#6 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Die in a fire.

Penance is what happened when Joey Q and Bendis decided to take fun personified and make him as little fun as possible.

He's an abomination and nothing about him is awesome save watching him make fun of himself in the GLI Summer Special.

#7 Posted by SUNMAN (7141 posts) - - Show Bio
reaper2923 said:
Penance is awesome that's how he see's out of it.
yeah thats why Marvel put him in an insane asylum, Penance was interesting, but Joe Q basically destroyed Speedball he was not even remotely similar to the character when Joe Q touched him.

Thats what Marvel(Joe Q) does lately just ruin characters.

#8 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats because Joey Q hates fun.  This is why he hates the GLI, New Warriors and MC2. 

"This is a comicbook for God's sake!  No fun allowed!"

#9 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Ill be honest..I miss speedball and the new warriors so much!

#10 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Supposedly Speedball is coming back?

I don't know.

#11 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Zoom said:
Supposedly Speedball is coming back?I don't know.
not with quesada as the editor...NO FUN ALLOWED

#12 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
"
Zoom said:
not with quesada as the editor...NO FUN ALLOWED "

Yes there is!
#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@MoonKnightFan123 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"
Zoom said:

Yes there is! "
No, there really isn't :(
#14 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @MoonKnightFan123 said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
"
Zoom said:

Yes there is! "
No, there really isn't :(
"
Then why are Spider-Man and Deadpool still wisecracking?
#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@MoonKnightFan123: Spider-man was beaten within an inch of his life just for revealing his secret identity, which was soon forgotten about...  He had a chance to live as a successful hero, but it turned out that it was all a lie as part of the House of M.  When life returned to normal, he could remember his happy life with Gwen and how he'd lost everything.  Then life got worse when his wife left him.

Spider-Man may crack wise, but he is far from a happy bunny.  His life is complete and utter CRAP!  

Deadpool has had to overcome cancer, losing everyone he's ever loved.  You laugh because of a few funny lines but you forget the years of tragedy & pain he's had to endure.  On top of that, he' a mercenary; a killer!  A killing machine may be funny, but he isn't a light-hearted bouncing around harmless character like Speedball.

So yeah, Joey Q does hate the fun & light-hearted. 
#16 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
woa... I knew about Spider-Man but not about Deadpool... but now... who would win between Penance and Speedball???
#17 Posted by Harlekin (680 posts) - - Show Bio

Speedball because I refuse to believe Penance ever happened.

#18 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio
@Harlekin: @Harlekin said:
" Speedball because I refuse to believe Penance ever happened. "
why? he's awesome! he's emo and i can finally relate to him!
#19 Edited by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

You can relate to a guy who had all his best friends murdered and a national tragety blamed on him and who is no fun whatsoever?

I can't.  I could relate to Speedball but Penance just sucks.

#20 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@MoonKnightFan123 said:
" @Harlekin: @Harlekin said:
why? he's awesome! he's emo and i can finally relate to him! "
Which rendition?  The scheming manipulator who out-played Doom and beat Nitro into a bloody pulp?  The guy who liked to smack his head against a brick wall to prove that he's "deep"?  The dribbling nervous breakdown who's kept in a padded cell?  Or the broken down hero who was forced into a walking iron maiden to perpetually cut himself?

That's really not a good role model to have.

@Zoom said:
" I could relate to Speedball but Penance just sucks. "
Exactly.  Robbie was just an everyday kid who was accidentally turned into a hero.  He was witty, and deceptively clever.  Penance is a hideous misrepresentation of "emo" to appeal to a generation of "cutters".  It's disturbing that Joey Q has banned smoking from appearing in any Marvel comic, but he thinks that this is an acceptable hero.
#21 Posted by MoonKnightFan123 (271 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @MoonKnightFan123 said:
" @Harlekin: @Harlekin said:
why? he's awesome! he's emo and i can finally relate to him! "
Which rendition?  The scheming manipulator who out-played Doom and beat Nitro into a bloody pulp?  The guy who liked to smack his head against a brick wall to prove that he's "deep"?  The dribbling nervous breakdown who's kept in a padded cell?  Or the broken down hero who was forced into a walking iron maiden to perpetually cut himself?

That's really not a good role model to have.

@Zoom said:
" I could relate to Speedball but Penance just sucks. "
Exactly.  Robbie was just an everyday kid who was accidentally turned into a hero.  He was witty, and deceptively clever.  Penance is a hideous misrepresentation of "emo" to appeal to a generation of "cutters".  It's disturbing that Joey Q has banned smoking from appearing in any Marvel comic, but he thinks that this is an acceptable hero.
"
I just finished reading New Warriors limited series. And it was AWESOME! There's this guy called Speedball! And he jokes around alot! Which is totally awesome! And there's this guy, with a black jacket and some gadgets! And he's awesome! And I thought the Great Lakes Avengers reference was awesome! And now they're dead. Except Speedball. Damn. Well actually Speedball is kinda dead inside.. DAMN YUO JOE Q!!!!!!111111
#22 Posted by Mr. Punisher (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I like his look. and did you hear he's in MUA 2?
#23 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen clips of it too.  There's no character there, he's just floating around blasting henchmen.  You wouldn't know he had a personality or specific powers.  Just float & blast.  Float & blast... Like an anti-gravity medieval Bishop.

#24 Edited by EN16MA (6 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

" @MoonKnightFan123: Spider-man was beaten within an inch of his life just for revealing his secret identity, which was soon forgotten about...  He had a chance to live as a successful hero, but it turned out that it was all a lie as part of the House of M.  When life returned to normal, he could remember his happy life with Gwen and how he'd lost everything.  Then life got worse when his wife left him.

Spider-Man may crack wise, but he is far from a happy bunny.  His life is complete and utter CRAP!  

Deadpool has had to overcome cancer, losing everyone he's ever loved.  You laugh because of a few funny lines but you forget the years of tragedy & pain he's had to endure.  On top of that, he' a mercenary; a killer!  A killing machine may be funny, but he isn't a light-hearted bouncing around harmless character like Speedball.

So yeah, Joey Q does hate the fun & light-hearted. 
"

deadpool is anything but harmless, and the guy has a healing factor thats better then wolverines, also he has nearly perfect aim. The cancer though aint much if you ask me hes just insane. And somehow he makes killing and death funny.

Penance would win, his powers and speedballs that beats out regular old speedball. And hes not emo. 

The way he sees out of his helmet id say that theres cameras on his helmet that you cant see that shows whats in there view on a screen inside his mask.
#25 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@EN16MA: I wrote that nearly 2 months ago.  Please don't reply to something so old... and just how do you think Cancer 'aint much'?!  Have you had it?  Do you know what it's like living with something that cripples and weakens you and can kill you from the inside out?   

And no-one was talking about Penance fighting with Speedball.  Penance is a misplaced character that would have fit in among the 1990's steoid-pumped powerhouses.  The point is, Speedball is a better character and that Marvel hates fun & light-hearted characters.  They've been wiped out like smoking.  Bring back Speedball, and give Nick Fury back his cigars...
#26 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
And no-one was talking about Penance fighting with Speedball.  Penance is a misplaced character that would have fit in among the 1990's steoid-pumped powerhouses.  The point is, Speedball is a better character and that Marvel hates fun & light-hearted characters.  They've been wiped out like smoking.  Bring back Speedball, and give Nick Fury back his cigars... "
Best post I've seen all week.
#27 Posted by EN16MA (6 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
sorry about that i didnt notice the date. And when i said that cancer thing i ment for deadpool i never ment to come across like cancer was a joke i just ment that it aint much for deadpool. 

If you think that about penance what do you think about wolverine? I hear what your sayin tho although i dont agree with you that speedball is a better. But i feel the same way when it comes to the smoking deal.
#28 Posted by JLAsuperdude (174 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
and wolverine and gambit and ...... lol they all got rid of smoking which stinks because they were awesome back then
#29 Posted by thedevilhunter (166 posts) - - Show Bio

So Back to the Main idea here......I think a sectionof his mask is like very much like spidermans eyes...u cant see an inch of his eyes but its clear as day from his point of view.
#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91110 posts) - - Show Bio

He can't see out of it.He's gettin' his Daredevil on.

#31 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
"He can't see out of it.He's gettin' his Daredevil on. "

Now that's the best post I've seen all week... +1
#32 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio
@thedevilhunter: That's what I thought

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.