Follow

Speedball

Character » Speedball appears in 742 issues.

After being given kinetic energy based powers in a laboratory accident, Robbie Baldwin became the hero Speedball. He blamed himself for the Stamford tragedy and briefly remodeled himself as Penance. Returned to the Speedball alias, he continues to atone for his past while trying to restart the New Warriors.

Anyone else want to see him return to being penance?

powerflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By powerflux

i personally thought he was a much better character as penance

Kiddevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Kiddevil

I agree man I liked penance

JunkerHQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Penance was way cooler than Speedball, but with all the closure he's gotten there's no reason for him to go back. The story ran its course.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That would be way too dark. It felt a bit weird having Speedball be all quirky and random again in the New Warriors book (with what's he's gone through in the past, I mean), but it wouldn't have fit the book otherwise and I'd rather have him on panel again, than not.

It is an interesting facet to him that could be utilised in the future if the right story comes along.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@ms-lola: Oh, he is still Penance, he just dress and act like Speedball so no one has to worry about him.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By Erik

I loved him as Penance. He was like a troll character to his 3 Speedball fans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.