Isn't he a mutant?

#1 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

isn't he a mutant? i'm sure he is.

#2 Posted by Assimilation2 (736 posts) - - Show Bio

The Enigma says:

"isn't he a mutant? i'm sure he is."

Technically, he is a reincarnation of one of the two twins whic Scarlet witch made when she wanted children.

#3 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

I say his a synthetic life form, I mean he has blood in all but if you examine it would it relate back to his mother? And who would be the father then?

#4 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio
Assimilation2 said:
"

The Enigma says:

"isn't he a mutant? i'm sure he is."

Technically, he is a reincarnation of one of the two twins whic Scarlet witch made when she wanted children.

"
#5 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio
then x-23 should be an "other"
#6 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

no because X-23 was made with the cell of Wolverine there was something we could go about this guy is not a de-aged clone of Quick Silver or using Scarlet Witch genetic material he is really made out of thin air because his mom wanted something to called "kids"

#7 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio

no because scarlet witch just made them out of nothing

and she made them with powers

and the father is vision. she made them becayse she couldnt hav children
#8 Posted by knightinbatmanarmor (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Speed is the "biological" son of scarlet witch. He is made using her genetic material, as is his brother, billy. Of course, they were still made from two souls of mephistos, but that is beyond the point. And somehow they are also biologically related to vision in some way I think, but I'm not sure. He is technically considered their father though.

#9 Posted by knightinbatmanarmor (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Speed is the "biological" son of scarlet witch. He is made using her genetic material, as is his brother, billy. Of course, they were still made from two souls of mephistos, but that is beyond the point. And somehow they are also biologically related to vision in some way I think, but I'm not sure. He is technically considered their father though.

#10 Posted by Drift (26 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would depend on how he (and his brother) were made by the Scarlet Witch, since she used her own reality-altering powers to make the originals.  If she made them to be mutants/have the mutant gene, then yes, he probably is a mutant.  She could also have made them to just randomly have powers, with no real reason behind it other than she gave the powers to them.  Since their births/rebirths/whatever are such complicated matters, I kind of hope its explained canonically, since the possible explanations for it are so numerous.

#11 Posted by Hyperlight (5872 posts) - - Show Bio

there only considered mutants if they have the x gene, regardless of there conception.  I think they are mutants just made through scarlet witches powers.

#12 Posted by Rosebunse (151 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure will figure some of it out in the Children's Crusade.
#13 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rosebunse: hopefully they explain that

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.