How fast is he?

#1 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Have they ever said what his top speed is?

#2 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm guessing he is as fast as quicksilv.r use to be and i don't think they ever did say how fast he is?

#3 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Colt Python says:

"Before Quicksilver could run at Mach-6,I'm sure that was greatly increased during the past couple years because too many characters are so fast.Speed is at just at Mach-1 but that's not his max..it's uncharted which means he will probably be faster than Quicksilver eventually and be the new Quicksilver.
Post Edited:2007-10-19 15:38:53"

How do you know that? I'm curious. I don't remember it specifying in the comics, maybe I missed something.

#4 Posted by CM9 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

inertia iS WAY FASTER.

#5 Posted by knightinbatmanarmor (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Tommy has never been clocked at any specific speed, but he has more than been a match for quicksilver so far, so he is faster than his uncle. But, being young, I wouldn't be surprised if given time, he could go much, much faster.

#6 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

When did he match Quicksilver? I haven't been keeping up with Young Avengers.

#7 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"When did he match Quicksilver? I haven't been keeping up with Young Avengers."
He never did. speed's speed has never been stated on panel yet
#8 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

He has managed to run from New York to Wundagore in the time that his brother was able to cast a teleportation spell. Or maybe it was Genosha. Either way, that's really far in probably less than a minute, which is pretty freakin' fast.

#9 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah. Perhaps I misinterpreted comikusdorkus's post.

#10 Posted by justinkos91 (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Speed is travelling at top speed, can he still be tracked by a telepath? 
#11 Posted by Drift (26 posts) - - Show Bio

It hasn't been stated on panel, but a lot of sites have stated that it is over the speed of sound, and Speed himself says he's Quicksilver fast (which is also over the speed of sound).  And I think it's been noted, but he did run from east coast US to Genosha (off of one of Africa's coast, I can't remember east or west), which required running across water (which requires quite a bit of speed for the body mass of a human), and he apparently was able to explore the entirety of Genosha looking for the Scarlet Witch.  All of this in the time it took Billy and Teddy to say goodbye, Billy to leave his house, and teleport to Genosha (looking at panels, I'd say 6-8 minutes).

#12 Posted by BlackestShite (243 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what I think

I think he's not fast enough to survive the Siege 

#13 Posted by Hyperlight (4311 posts) - - Show Bio

have no idea... but i doubt he is faster than his uncle..... but he will be

#14 Posted by jayskee (1903 posts) - - Show Bio

faster than quicksilver
#15 Posted by U R Sofa King We Todd Did (1125 posts) - - Show Bio

did he really outrun quicksilver in Children's Crusade?

#16 Posted by Agent_Murdoch (131 posts) - - Show Bio

@U R Sofa King We Todd Did: I know its a little late, but yes he did. Only briefly before Quicksilver increased his own speed and outran him.

So Speed is starting to catch up to Quicksilver, but it looks like Quicksilver still tops at faster than his nephew for now

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.