Speed Racer Movie

#1 Posted by G-Man (34365 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff
#2 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Hehe, the cartoon was so funny, especially the way they talked. But I still loved it. I'll probably go watch it.

#3 Posted by G-Man (34365 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#4 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved that show when i was a kid

#5 Posted by G-Man (34365 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay maaaaaybe this won't be as extremely horrible as I thought. It just might work in a cheesey sorta way.

Here's the trailer. I suggest checking out the hi-def version that can be found online.

Staff
#6 Posted by Frisco (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, this looks way cooler than I thought it would. I don't remember the storyline from the cartoon, but I remember liking it. L0L.

#7 Posted by Phorqe (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

I've hated every remake of every cartoon. Hollywood completely destroys and exploits everything that was good about the originals. Because it's a kids movie and because it's an already established name, it will probably make 50 mill no matter how bad it is. It makes me sad. If they are going to make these movies, they should be limited to like a $6 milion dollar budget to give it an independent feel.

#8 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay! I haven't seen that show in a few years, but I used to love it, glad to see it's coming to the big screen.

#9 Posted by G-Man (34365 posts) - - Show Bio

Teaser poster:

Staff
#10 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it's looks fun to watch. But, in this day and age, movies like this, Chipmunks, etc. ultimately prove that nobody can come up with original ideas for movies anymore.

#11 Posted by G-Man (34365 posts) - - Show Bio

So I liked it in case you haven't read my review: http://www.comicvine.com/speed-racer/43340/news/&newsId=947

It was a fun film. Not an award-winning movie but I was entertained. That's all that matters. It's not realistic. It's not meant to be.

I also dug out some of my comics from the late 80s and wrote up a bit about Speed's origin. I was surprised I was able to find them pretty quickly. Got lucky I guess.

Staff

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.