Follow

Spectrum

Character » Spectrum appears in 1005 issues.

After being exposed to extra-dimensional energy, Lt. Monica Rambeau gained the ability to manipulate all energies of the electromagnetic spectrum. She has gone by many code-names over the years whilst utilizing these abilities as a crime fighter. Monica has served alongside the Avengers in various incarnations and operated as their leader for a time.

Could Spectrum(Monica Rambeau) Create Hulks?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

Hi Everyone.

I was just thinking, seeing as Spectrum has the power to turn into or project blasts of anything on the electromagnetic spectrum, including gamma rays, could she turn someone into a Hulk by blasting gamma rays them? I'm not aware of this happening in any comics, but has anyone else seen it happen, or have any thoughts on whether it would work or not?

Scarlotte.

Tasuxeda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Tasuxeda

Well she did merge with she hulk to enhance her power so in theory if the individual has the genes that allow people to become a gamma mutant when exposed to gamma radiation then yes she could probably turn someone into a gamma mutant but if they didn't have the right genes she would just give them radiation poisoning.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

See no reason why not, if they've got the potential. Though whether it would permanently irradiate them like more conventional methods or just temporarily like with her She-Hulk Fusion Dance is anyone's guess.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@jonsmith: I wonder if the amount of time a person was exposed to her in gamma-form could be a factor too, like how Sunspot and Cannonball were Hulks for 10-30 minutes with a low dose of the synthetic gamma stuff. I hope we'll eventually see some confirmation in a comic.

Also, I'd be interested to see who else she can power up apart from Captain Marvel and She-Hulk

@tasuxeda: Has their been any hints as to what kind of genes a person would need?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.