Follow

Spectre

Character » Spectre appears in 1274 issues.

The Spectre is a supernatural being of near-unlimited might whose mission is to unleash the vengeance of God upon evil men. He is bound to souls of deceased humans, his power and personality varies depending upon the anima he occupies. The Spectre has been bound to many hosts during the modern ages, his most popular and most reoccurring host being that of Jim Corrigan.

The Spectre is back in the New 52!

Nightwing12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Nightwing12

In the new Phantom Stranger, we finally see the Spectre, and he has a twist origin! what do you think about his implied origin and how should they go with it? I personally think it means he is now omnipotent. Please comment.

Imagine_Man15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Imagine_Man15

Crap, I was planning to avoid Phantom Stranger... but I REALLY want to see what's going on with Spectre... ugh.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Squalleon

i really wanted a redesign,oh well..i hope he gains same spotlight

SplatOZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SplatOZ

Very meh introduction I thought. He pops up and just as quickly disappears. I think it's cool that they are doing something with him, however the way they have done it didn't make me excited at all.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

So who is it? Allen, Corrigan or not her?

SmashBrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmashBrawler

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Corrigan.

I was VERY dissapointed with the Spectre. I don't care how crappy his redesign was, I really wanted him to have one.

Nightwing12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nightwing12

@Avenging-X-Bolt: @SmashBrawler: That is because Dido writes for crap. And his back story is cool. The only thing I disagree with is how he is implied to be Jesus, because Jesus is all about God's love and Spectre is all about God's vengeance.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AtPhantom

@Nightwing12 said:

The only thing I disagree with is how he is implied to be Jesus,

How the hell did you get to that conclusion?

EDIT: Also, I hate it. I hate that they're so badly missing the point of Phantom Stranger. I hate that they're tying Spectre's origin with the Stranger for no goddamn reason. I hate that the council of Wizards act like they own the damn place even though we've never ever seen them before. But most of all I hate that I have to go ten years back to find a story with my favorite character that I actually like.

Nightwing12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nightwing12
    @AtPhantom: How the hell did you get to that conclusion?

It is obvious. He says he is guilty of betrayal. The council say because of him the world will forever be dark. He then begs them to forgive him like he would. Sound like The Spectre is Jesus to me.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AtPhantom

@Nightwing12 said:

@AtPhantom: How the hell did you get to that conclusion?

It is obvious. He says he is guilty of betrayal. The council say because of him the world will forever be dark. He then begs them to forgive him like he would. Sound like The Spectre is Jesus to me.

That doesn't follow at all. We're talking about two completely different events here. One, two thousand ears ago, where he betrayed Jesus and was sentenced to become the Stanger. Second, fifty or so years ago, where he led Jim Corrigan to his death and caused him to be reborn as the Spectre. There is absolutely no link between these two or any inication they're the same guy.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Emperorb777

Did Stranger really create the Spectre because to me it just looked like he found the Spectre a host.

KidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KidX

@Nightwing12: To be fair the phantom has always had a Jewish Christianity origin and feel surronding him. And your reeaallly close. Just about halfway there. But JESUS? hell no. JUDAS is the conclusion i came to. it all adds up. Betrayel of someone extremly important, attempted suicide and the coins around his neck have to be the coins Judas took from the Pharisees. Dont make no sense that itd be Jesus anyways. I never heard or read anything about Jesus Betraying anyone. My guess is if you looked carefully at the necklace the Stranger wears (at the beginning) youll count 30 silver coins, The same amount Judas got for outing Jesus. See Matthew 26:15

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AtPhantom

@KidX said:

@Nightwing12: To be fair the phantom has always had a Jewish Christianity origin and feel surronding him. And your reeaallly close. Just about halfway there. But JESUS? hell no. JUDAS is the conclusion i came to. it all adds up. Betrayel of someone extremly important, attempted suicide and the coins around his neck have to be the coins Judas took from the Pharisees. Dont make no sense that itd be Jesus anyways. I never heard or read anything about Jesus Betraying anyone. My guess is if you looked carefully at the necklace the Stranger wears (at the beginning) youll count 30 silver coins, The same amount Judas got for outing Jesus. See Matthew 26:15

1. Why the hell did I get a notification to your post?

2. He's talking about the Spectre, not the Phantom Stranger.

3. Welcome to the vine.

KidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KidX

@AtPhantom:

1. Perhaps everyone who posts on the thread gets notified when a new comment is made?

2. I hadnt realized that, but yeah now that you pointed it out it seems he was talking bout Corrigan. I shudda looked a bit closer prior to posting.

3. Thanks! Glad to be here.

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AtPhantom

@KidX said:

@AtPhantom:1. Perhaps everyone who posts on the thread gets notified when a new comment is made?

Nah, you get a notification only when someone specifically quotes or replies to you, and you haven't. Most puzzling.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By cameron83

@KidX: welcome.....I just have to give you a heads up (no anime vs comicbook character threads...like goku vs superman,hulk vs superman,etc....and no battles that were most likely already made,like batman vs superman.If you are not certain just type it in before you make the thread,but if you think 500 people have already made it,then don't do it).

Also interesting back story/bible reference.

How does the spectre look (nobody should say they are disappointed on one hand,on the other hand they can)

KidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KidX

@cameron83: Visually the Spectre isnt at all diffrent, Ghostly White skin, Green hooded Cape. As far as his place in the DCNU, hard to say since hes only had JUST a few panels so far. Thanks for the heads up btw. And its wayy to early for me to be dissapointed,lets give it some time. LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.