#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio

What is he supposed to black now?

#3 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"What is he supposed to black now?"
His host is black...
#4 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"And got Owned by the Anti Monitor and gets his butt handed to him by 5th dimensional beings on a daily basis."
-_-
#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
~The Wanderer~ said:
"Vance Astro said:
His host is black..."
Oh..cool!
#6 Edited by One-Above-All (485 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"~The Wanderer~ said:
"Vance Astro said:
His host is black..."
Oh..cool!"
Yeah, Read FC Revelations #1

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

i do note that noone is actually willing to answer any of my questions about Spectre....

while i love old moonface i have to actually ask this... why doesn't go after the Joker as a perfect example to kill off like he has done with Dr Light?

I vaguely remember that during Identity Crisis it was said that The Spectre doesn't make the decisions himself. So, whoever decides must feel that The Joker and other villains are not worthy of his time or it actually fits that The Joker hasn't killed enough people to warrent Punishment by God's Right hand... hmmm, that doesn't track...

so what about elsewhere?

Spectre is supposed to punish wrongdoers throughout god's entire kingdom, namely the universe...

Why dosen't he go after Mongul, he indirectly killed off the entire population of a planet. And a few cities for fun. That is much more than the Joker has ever done. What about Trigon who destroyed another universe, or Doomsday who is completely remorseless for who he kills.

so surely these mass murderers and Genocidal freaks are worthy of The Spectres Wrath.... but no, they're allowed to continue on, killing and destroying entire planets...

this just doesn't track with me for some reason, surely there has to be something holding Spectre back, if he was only following God's (The Presence') Orders then it falls to God that he hasn't punished these people... doesn't that make him guilty of at least assisting in the death of billions of people?

M

#9 Edited by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll read Final Crisis in like 2010.

#10 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"And got Owned by the Anti Monitor and gets his butt handed to him by 5th dimensional beings on a daily basis."
/facepalm

LEARN THE CONCEPT OF A RESPECT THREAD!!!

Yes we can...

#11 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
~The Wanderer~ said:
"Dreadnaught said:
/facepalm

LEARN THE CONCEPT OF A RESPECT THREAD!!!

Yes we can...

"
I do know the basis, I just choose not to follow them.  :P  I choose not to do so because I'm evil.  :P :P :P :P =P
#12 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio

i only read about him in the DC comic encyclopedia hes awesome

#13 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:

check your facts first...

he got owned by Anti-Monitor when he was in a weakened state, as was explained in the comics several times...

as for the 5th dimensional beings, you always bring that up, and i slap you down with the fact that it's an elseworld every time...

M
#14 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"i do note that noone is actually willing to answer any of my questions about Spectre....

while i love old moonface i have to actually ask this... why doesn't go after the Joker as a perfect example to kill off like he has done with Dr Light?

I vaguely remember that during Identity Crisis it was said that The Spectre doesn't make the decisions himself. So, whoever decides must feel that The Joker and other villains are not worthy of his time or it actually fits that The Joker hasn't killed enough people to warrent Punishment by God's Right hand... hmmm, that doesn't track...

so what about elsewhere?

Spectre is supposed to punish wrongdoers throughout god's entire kingdom, namely the universe...

Why dosen't he go after Mongul, he indirectly killed off the entire population of a planet. And a few cities for fun. That is much more than the Joker has ever done. What about Trigon who destroyed another universe, or Doomsday who is completely remorseless for who he kills.

so surely these mass murderers and Genocidal freaks are worthy of The Spectres Wrath.... but no, they're allowed to continue on, killing and destroying entire planets...

this just doesn't track with me for some reason, surely there has to be something holding Spectre back, if he was only following God's (The Presence') Orders then it falls to God that he hasn't punished these people... doesn't that make him guilty of at least assisting in the death of billions of people?

M"
Nicely said Methos.

My only bet would be that since Joker, Doomsday etc etc are so largely popular that even they do deserve to die for there sins based upon "God's" ideals. DC won't simply because they're such heavy hitters for villains.

However, FC is'nt over yet so we'll see....

Vance Astro said:
"I'll read Final Crisis in like 2010."
Read it now
#15 Posted by warlock360 (27909 posts) - - Show Bio

@Methos: if you read Revelations #1 and #2 you will get a certain understanding why, Each and every emotion or adjective for that matter has a embodiment, Spectre is Vengance and in #2 (spoiler!) there God's mercy is predicted. Spectre and Mercy battle out because Spectres host doesnt understand why god (presence) would let him kill his own child, and let other criminals like libra live.

im assuming a corruption in the pressence.

#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly don't have the time to read FC now.I can barely keep up with SI.

#17 Posted by warlock360 (27909 posts) - - Show Bio

FC is easier to catch up than SI LOL

#18 Posted by Vrakmul (23398 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Dreadnaught said:

check your facts first...

he got owned by Anti-Monitor when he was in a weakened state, as was explained in the comics several times...

as for the 5th dimensional beings, you always bring that up, and i slap you down with the fact that it's an elseworld every time...

M"
Isn't there only one spectre?
#19 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"I honestly don't have the time to read FC now.I can barely keep up with SI."
Final Crisis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

Secret Invasion
#20 Posted by warlock360 (27909 posts) - - Show Bio

two, the first was Hal jordan and than the cop

#21 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
Isn't there only one spectre?"

nope... just like their isn't one "god" in elseworlds and seperate universes in DC...

otherwise "God" would be dead since he was killed off in 1997 by The Saint of Killers

M
#22 Posted by warlock360 (27909 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"@Methos: if you read Revelations #1 and #2 you will get a certain understanding why, Each and every emotion or adjective for that matter has a embodiment, Spectre is Vengance and in #2 (spoiler!) there God's mercy is predicted. Spectre and Mercy battle out because Spectres host doesnt understand why god (presence) would let him kill his own child, and let other criminals like libra live.

im assuming a corruption in the pressence."
#23 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
Nicely said Methos.

My only bet would be that since Joker, Doomsday etc etc are so largely popular that even they do deserve to die for there sins based upon "God's" ideals. DC won't simply because they're such heavy hitters for villains.

However, FC is'nt over yet so we'll see....

"
#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Vance Astro said:
"I honestly don't have the time to read FC now.I can barely keep up with SI."
Final Crisis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

Secret Invasion"
Your opinion..not mine.
#25 Posted by warlock360 (27909 posts) - - Show Bio

Vance you have to see both sides of the medal to judge either one of them, so your opinion doesn't count unless you read any FC comics on the other hand, the same counts for drifter if he didnt read any SC comics

#26 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"Vance you have to see both sides of the medal to judge either one of them, so your opinion doesn't count unless you read any FC comics on the other hand, the same counts for drifter if he didnt read any SC comics"
I have read the first two issues of FC but I don't have the time or money to read them all...while i'm reading SI.With the events still upcoming in Marvel and all that's going on now I don't have the time or money.
#27 Posted by warlock360 (27909 posts) - - Show Bio

you got msn...

#28 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Void, Speaking of MSN.....

I'mma IM you

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91052 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"you got msn..."
Me or Drifter?
#30 Posted by warlock360 (27909 posts) - - Show Bio

you

#31 Posted by King Saturn (223716 posts) - - Show Bio
Spectre is a Cool Character... I have always liked him since I started reading comics... and since his new host is a Brother ( Afro American ) I am digging him a little more now... though I didnt think it was cool when Hal Jordan was the host too
#32 Posted by warlock360 (27909 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the Cop one better aswell

#33 Posted by MrDirector786 (43370 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's him uh..... turning a Black Hand's hand into coal.

#34 Posted by King Saturn (223716 posts) - - Show Bio
Ha Ha Ha  !

I remember that
#35 Posted by the referee (2533 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheDrifter said:
"
Respect for he is bad ass
"
Huge Spectre fan but I quit around Hal's time. Interested in acquiring New Graphic novels and learning about Crispus. Any help 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.