Follow

Spawn (Simmons)

Character » Spawn (Simmons) appears in 1430 issues.

A highly trained assassin, murdered by his employer and former friend Chapel. Albert ''Al'' Francis Simmons sold his soul to Malebolgia, one of the many rulers of the Hell, in order to see his wife Wanda Blake again. Malebolgia had other things in mind for Al and sent him back to earth with no memory as a Hellspawn, one of his soldiers, to do his bidding. After realizing what he had lost, Al swore revenge, and became the vigilante known as Spawn.

Would you consider Spawn to be a ghoul?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb283632dba9
    deactivated-5bb283632dba9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

I know Spawn is a hellspawned undead being with a demonic suit but i looked up the word ghoul and they are classified as undead but are demons. So i guess a ghoul is a demonic undead creature. As well as the demons in the spawn universe because they seem to be all composed of the necroplasm substance.
    ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ms__omega
    @fallen reptile:
    Technically I believe so
    BattleHeiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BattleHeiz
    @fallen reptile:

Originaly ghouls are undeads that live near battlefields and eat dead soldiers

And it's harmless and lives in caves 

Avatar image for shaolin_martian
    shaolin_martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By shaolin_martian

pretty much.. especially after that armageddon arc, spawn was really goulish.. a move from him being sorta divine being/ godlike dude

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By zombietag

i guess so according to that definition. does it matter?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.