why is spawn evil now?

Posted by darkcloakx (788 posts) - - Show Bio

didn't he used to be an anti-hero ?
why did al simmons get replaced by a new lame spawn?

#1 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

Al Simmons died.

#2 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio

Well isn't a Spawn supposed to be evil in theory? Al was the odd one.

#3 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@Yumulu said:
" Well isn't a Spawn supposed to be evil in theory? Al was the odd one. "
Actually both. He works for hell, making him evil. Yet he only kills bad people for Malebogia's army. He's more of a neutral anti-hero.
#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:
" Al Simmons died. "
Wait what? I thought he was already dead? Or deader now? What happen to Al Simmons?
#5 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar: 
He blew his head off in the Endgame story arc. It was a very good story.

@darkcloakx: And he got "replaced" by a guy that is part of Spawn mythos that has always carried the hellspawn power in him. He was in a coma when Al killed himself the Hellspawn power awoke inside of Jim and he woke from his coma. You should read more of these new issues he isn't a bad guy. So far its been very similar to Al's first being Spawn. Only this time there is more Supernatural things going on. And Jim doesn't know anything about his past. 
#6 Posted by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought no matter what Al did he could not win. If he did what he was told he would serve hells army making them stronger
but by trying to be good and killing bad guys he was making hells army stronger

#7 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Al did manage to kill Malbogia. Well up until issue 200 that is. And Jim is a good spawn in my opinion. I haven't read past issue 202 because I'm not a huge fan of the art style for the book. But it is a good story and I will eventually get the book there is just a few other things that I like reading monthly that have great art to go with the great story.

#8 Posted by zombietag (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

jim downing is almost evil. hes kinda crazy. sleeping with his best friends girl and not even healing that dude until his girl like forces him too. idk...

#9 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11654 posts) - - Show Bio
@zombietag said:
"jim downing is almost evil. hes kinda crazy. sleeping with his best friends girl and not even healing that dude until his girl like forces him too. idk... "

I honestly thought that was funny
#10 Edited by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@GrandSymbiote94 said:

" @zombietag said:

"jim downing is almost evil. hes kinda crazy. sleeping with his best friends girl and not even healing that dude until his girl like forces him too. idk... "
I honestly thought that was funny "
I know. Cause when you think 'devil's bounty hunter gone wrong' and 'murderous lunatic', you think lulz.
#11 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33070 posts) - - Show Bio

i take it u mean this?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.