Follow

Spawn (Simmons)

Character » Spawn (Simmons) appears in 1427 issues.

A highly trained assassin, murdered by his employer and former friend Chapel. Albert ''Al'' Francis Simmons sold his soul to Malebolgia, one of the many rulers of the Hell, in order to see his wife Wanda Blake again. Malebolgia had other things in mind for Al and sent him back to earth with no memory as a Hellspawn, one of his soldiers, to do his bidding. After realizing what he had lost, Al swore revenge, and became the vigilante known as Spawn.

who could beat him

Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Agony

who from image comics could beat him it can be anyoneone from image comics

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

possibly WitchBlade

Avatar image for blue_lantern_2814
    Blue Lantern 2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Blue Lantern 2814

I think The Darkness could possibly beat him. I don't really read many Image comics though.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

zee crusher says:

"Squrriel girl she can do it all............"

too bad she's not from Image....

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By zee crusher

Squrriel girl she can do it all............

Dormath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dormath

Blue Lantern 2814 says:

"I think The Darkness could possibly beat him. I don't really read many Image comics though."

I love the Darkness but I think Spawn beats him.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zee crusher

Vance Astro says:

"zee crusher says:

too bad she's not from Image...."

No Sh!t sherlock it was a joke.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Nighthunter

Superman Prime!!!

wait....only image characters?....never mind

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zee crusher

Nighthunter says:

"Superman Prime!!!wait....only image characters?....never mind"

Lol.

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By BlackPanther

maybe the Angelus can take him. But I know for a fact Urizen can kill him. He is a dark god who controls and consumes souls. He has his own religion/cult and he cant be killed. Even though his powers are still unknown, one thing is for sure that god and satan had to work together to banish him. It has been made clear that gods of many different religions, worlds and times exist in spawns reality.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zee crusher

Can't god or satan now kill now spawn with his depowerment??

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Methos

wtf... neither Witchblade or Darkness are from Image either...

Bad writing could kill him... bad writing can kill anything :D

M

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BlackPanther

Methos says:

"wtf... neither Witchblade or Darkness are from Image either...Bad writing could kill him... bad writing can kill anything :DM"

they are from top cow productons, an imprint of image commics. like marvel knights is to marvel. so yeh they are from image comics bro.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Methos

BlackPanther says:

"they are from top cow productons, an imprint of image commics. like marvel knights is to marvel. so yeh they are from image comics bro."

suppose... i always class them as seperate companies, like DC and Wildstorm...

M

Doctor Dare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Doctor Dare

I don't really if ANYONE from from Image could Beat him, They've said before that Spawn could Beat God and Satan and Maelboja and pretty much everybody they've thrown in Spawn's way. He has complete control over the Earth itself and Tons of other powers. So, If this is only for people from Image.......I think Darkness could beat him. But if we could bring in characters from other comapnies then Ghost Rider or Darkseid could beat him.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

zee crusher says:

"Vance Astro says:
    "zee crusher says:
    too bad she's not from Image...."
    No Sh!t sherlock it was a joke."

well it wasn't funny.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"wtf... neither Witchblade or Darkness are from Image either... Bad writing could kill him... bad writing can kill anything :D M "

Didn't Image take over Top Cow though?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Methos

Vance Astro says:

"Didn't Image take over Top Cow though?"

in part, they're still run as seperate companies though, like Wildstorm and DC :D

M

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Methos says:

"Vance Astro says:
    in part, they're still run as seperate companies though, like Wildstorm and DC :D M "

Ok.

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BlackPanther

Methos says:

"Vance Astro says:

in part, they're still run as seperate companies though, like Wildstorm and DC :D

M

"

but it doesn’t take away the fact that image owns and has legal rights over top cow productions. Its only run by a different studio of images company.

Doctor Dare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Doctor Dare

Doctor Dare says:

"I don't really if ANYONE from from Image could Beat him, They've said before that Spawn could Beat God and Satan and Maelboja and pretty much everybody they've thrown in Spawn's way. He has complete control over the Earth itself and Tons of other powers. So, If this is only for people from Image.......I think Darkness could beat him. But if we could bring in characters from other comapnies then Ghost Rider or Darkseid could beat him."

Also, Angelus could take him.

god of dods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By god of dods

therer is nobody that could kill spawn the only reson y satan and god killed him waz kuz he let them.

god of dods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By god of dods

only the moter of god and saten and all the uther gods the she gave biert to can kill him look at armagedon collections 1 and 2

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By IcePrince_X

The Darkness....yes as long as there is no light

The Angelus.... yes as long as the wielder is right and there is light

The Witchblade... yes as long as the wielder is right.

Combine all the three characters against Spawn...we know who gets IT.

Why them? their powers are god-like and divine as well granting the limitations though except for the Witchblade that can prove itself to be an enemy to reckon with since it actually thinks on its own. So its actually the mind of two being (the wielder and the witchblade) that Spawn needs to deal with.

I am curious though because it was said the Witchblade, the Darkness, and the Angelus is only three of the thirteen weapons or powers within the Top Cow universe so as to the other 10 against the Spawn... i dunno.

BlackPanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BlackPanther

IcePrince_X says:

"The Darkness....yes as long as there is no lightThe Angelus.... yes as long as the wielder is right and there is lightThe Witchblade... yes as long as the wielder is right.Combine all the three characters against Spawn...we know who gets IT.Why them? their powers are god-like and divine as well granting the limitations though except for the Witchblade that can prove itself to be an enemy to reckon with since it actually thinks on its own. So its actually the mind of two being (the wielder and the witchblade) that Spawn needs to deal with.I am curious though because it was said the Witchblade, the Darkness, and the Angelus is only three of the thirteen weapons or powers within the Top Cow universe so as to the other 10 against the Spawn... i dunno."

Well you forget that Spawn is only the host of his suit which he works symbiotically with. He has full control of his suit, but when he's about to die his suit gains control. Spawn for a long time had the souls of the legion which were thousands of hellspawn in his body, even though he freed them he still has their knowledge and power which means he has full control over the powers he knows about. However according to Cogliostro, Spawn has trillions of powers and abilities that he can tap into, but all the powers he has now are enough to win these fights. Also when spawn becomes angry he can summon more power from his suit because he enters a blood lust state and his symbiote encourages it because it wants to consume more souls. Like you said the limitations are only of the host and unlike the people you labelled, Spawn and his entire family for generations have been genetically linked and purposely bred to have the perfect genes to make the perfect spawn to lead all of hells army.

Al Simmons has the training he has had all his life to kill, there was a story arc that shows how spawns whole life was set up so he will choose to kill and how his going into the army, then the special forces and to work has a hitman of the government was all set up by his mother and one of the original fallen angels called mammon. Hell and heaven both wanted Al Simmons to lead there army, but hell got to him first. Also you should know that heavenly beings do not hurt spawn as much as they do other demons because spawn is too strong. Spawn was even able to touch and use a heavenly weapon which should have killed him as touching a weapon of heaven kills all hellspawn. Al Simmons is more than a wannabe demon. He’s the perfect killing machine who has powers characteristic of both angels and hellspawn.

The darkness will lose as this spawn also has the ability to create and destroy but unlike the darkness this is not spawns only ability so unlike the darkness spawn doesn’t need to rely on it so much. If you read his comics you will see that spawns magic can easily create a bright light which will disable the darkness. Spawn has teleported his enemies to hell in the past which he can do with the angelus and obviously that will instantly weaken her and allow spawn to kill her. As for the witchblade I'm not as sure about because depending on how powerful the host is the blade maybe unstoppable, but with that said, spawns symbiotic suit is the most powerful of its kind and even though the blade has shown it’s stronger than weaker hellspawn, it has never come up against this symbiote.

Oh and before I forget, spawn has full authority over every hellspawn and he can summon them at will, so the darkness and the angelus don’t have an advantage when it comes to numbers. Spawn is not as much of a push over as you seem to think.

Stay blessed,

Peace

CODFOROCD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CODFOROCD

It would be interesting to see Spawn versus Silver Surfer. I like Spawn more, but I don't know who would win. Spawn would obliterate Superman though.

EDIT: I misread the topic. Excuse me.

ultrakid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ultrakid

ummmm... nobody i guess

ultrakid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ultrakid

god can defeate him easly hes almighty

Joey-isa-sk8er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29  Edited By Joey-isa-sk8er

Savage Dragon

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mimic12

Thats a trick question. There are nobody in Image as powerful as spawn. Exept for the Mother.

mimic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mimic12

Thats a trick question. There are nobody in Image as powerful as spawn. Exept for the Mother.

defunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By defunkt

I'd say Shadowhawk (Paul Johnstone if he had not already died) but we all know Spawn could take him. Although I would also like to see Spawn take on the entire Walking Dead. That fight might be interesting.

Thunder God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Thunder God

Thor would destroy him!!!!!!!!!!  I don't know many Image characters exept for Spawn and Savage Dragon.

Avatar image for reversenegative
    ReverseNegative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By ReverseNegative

Batman actually HAS beat him in the Spawn/Batman crossover. 
    Just saying. 
    I don't know any Image characters besides Spawn and all the characters affiliated with Spawn.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Right but Top Cow and the Spawn universe, even if owned by the same company are two distinct self-contained universes (even if because they are owned by the same comic, they crossover often)

Of my head, at the height of his power, nothing in the universe could defeat Spawn (here I'm referencing the godslayer arcs, ect). At normal levels, that is the first arcs and the new Spawn (who is a different person). A lot of characters could beat him. If he fought against Top Cow Characters. I think Angelus, the Darkness and the two elemental artifacts (the glacier stone and the amber stone) are more powerful.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By MrMiracle77

I've been out of touch with Spawn for a while now, but didn't Angela have multiple Spawn-slayings under her belt before Simmons got the job?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.