what if spawn was in the dc universe?

#1 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

what would happen if spawn was in the dc universe?
how would he get along with the heroes and villains?
just wondering

#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

DC would lose 30% of my interest

#3 Posted by Dr. Maxwell (661 posts) - - Show Bio

He's a character in Frank Miller's DC universe kinda sorta

#4 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

no spawn is from image comics

#5 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
Spawn in the DC Universe could work out... simply because Spawn is a Heavy Magic User Demon ... and DC's strength seems to be with the Magical Characters moreso even than Cosmic Powerhouses... I could see DCU amping Spawn's strength and speed to Superman/Wonder Woman levels... and fine tuning his Magical Abilities to really show the Nigh Omnipotent levels that he is supposed to have with Magic... I actually think that this could lead to a Spawn/Lobo comic series as well...
#6 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

that would be an good crosover
but how would he get along with the heroes

#7 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
claws said:
"that would be an good crosover
but how would he get along with the heroes "
I dont know... but I cant see Spawn joining the Justice League... he probably would be just a friend or an outside ally to the JLA
#8 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

thats what i was thinking, spawn kills ppl and to much of an bad a@@ and everyone in the jla has morals of not killing ppl though

#9 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
claws said:
"thats what i was thinking, spawn kills ppl and to much of an bad a@@ and everyone in the jla has morals of not killing ppl though"
You Said It Buddy
#10 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

he might be just an ally sometimes but he will probaly go against alomost every single member

#11 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn would add an interesting mix to the ongoing conflicts in the underworld in DC right now.  He'd have to compete with the likes of Neron, Trigon, Etrigan, and many others.

#12 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio
MrMiracle77 said:
"Spawn would add an interesting mix to the ongoing conflicts in the underworld in DC right now.  He'd have to compete with the likes of Neron, Trigon, Etrigan, and many others.
"

probaly
#13 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
MrMiracle77 said:
"Spawn would add an interesting mix to the ongoing conflicts in the underworld in DC right now.  He'd have to compete with the likes of Neron, Trigon, Etrigan, and many others.
"
Yep... they would have to amp up Spawn's physical abilities though
#14 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

i wonder his villains will do in the dc universe

#15 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
claws said:
"i wonder his villains will do in the dc universe"
Well it depends on which villians you are talking about... cause technically some of them already exist in the DC Universe just at a different power level
#16 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

violator
satan
necro cop

#17 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
claws said:
"violator
satan
necro cop
"
Violator is basically mid tier demon... he probably would be someone who would get owned by Etrigan on a daily basis

Satan already exists in the DCU in many forms... Neron and Lucifer Morningstar to name a few

Necro Cop would just be a Jobber
#18 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

how is necro cop an jobber.. he hasnt been on that long and he didnt learn his full powers yet

#19 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
claws said:
"how is necro cop an jobber.. he hasnt been on that long and he didnt learn his full powers yet"
Thats why he is a Jobber... we dont know enough from him to say he could be anything else yet
#20 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

well i find him an ok villain
what about cy gorg , overkill,tony twist, and urizen

#21 Posted by King Saturn (225163 posts) - - Show Bio
claws said:
"well i find him an ok villain
what about cy gorg , overkill,tony twist, and urizen"
Out of all of these Villians probably only Urizen has potential to be great... the rest would probably end up being low tier Batman villans
#22 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

an shame ...sigh

#23 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio
King Saturn said:
"Spawn in the DC Universe could work out... simply because Spawn is a Heavy Magic User Demon ... and DC's strength seems to be with the Magical Characters moreso even than Cosmic Powerhouses... I could see DCU amping Spawn's strength and speed to Superman/Wonder Woman levels... and fine tuning his Magical Abilities to really show the Nigh Omnipotent levels that he is supposed to have with Magic... I actually think that this could lead to a Spawn/Lobo comic series as well...
"
Good point. I could see this.

Nighthunter said:
"DC would lose 30% of my interest
"
ouch that was cold. I like Spawn
#24 Posted by skullshine (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Then maybe he'd get a decent writer?

#25 Posted by Secret Turchin Man (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

He could work out fine in the DC universe. He would probably be at odds with the JLA however, becauae of the whole killing his enemies thing.

#26 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio
Secret Turchin Man said:
"He could work out fine in the DC universe. He would probably be at odds with the JLA however, becauae of the whole killing his enemies thing."

thats what i'm saying but he would be an ally probaly or an part timer
#27 Edited by Thunder God (239 posts) - - Show Bio

claws said:

"Secret Turchin Man said:
"He could work out fine in the DC universe. He would probably be at odds with the JLA however, becauae of the whole killing his enemies thing."
thats what i'm saying but he would be an ally probaly or an part timer "

Part timer? If he kills the they would not let him on in any shape, size, or form!!!!!!!! Now if he didn't kill? Then yeah. I for one think they could use him in Gotham right now, with no real Batman, just posers.

#28 Posted by Nahero (9917 posts) - - Show Bio
Secret Turchin Man said:

he'd be at odds with guys like spectre for being a hell spawn
#29 Posted by Nahero (9917 posts) - - Show Bio

come to of it spawn did have a crossover with batman

#30 Posted by symbiote5 (2183 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it would be cool because spawn would actually have a publisher that people recognize
#31 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio
@symbiote5 said:
"
i think it would be cool because spawn would actually have a publisher that people recognize "

I second that.
#32 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

Then he'd be even more over powered.

#33 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

Satan of DC is far more powerful than the one in Image...

#34 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure like said before, he would have a publisher more well known, but that doesn't mean HE would be well known. Both Marvel and DC have tons of awesome badasses that aren't that well known.
#35 Posted by superstay (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he

#36 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nahero said:

come to of it spawn did have a crossover with batman

Two crossovers. Both were awful.

#37 Posted by God_Spawn (38339 posts) - - Show Bio

@superstay said:

Is he

No, he is Image.

#38 Posted by superstay (10498 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, I didn't know DC satan is far more powerful than Image's, But thats probably because I do know that much about DC satan,or that much about Image/Spawn on that matter. Should have known I mean look at DC Supreme God how is the Devil suppose to compete with that without being really powerful himself. So would DC satan kill Spawn, chain him to a phantom deep creak at the bottom of a flaming pit, or does Spawn have a chance.

#39 Edited by daredevil21134 (12705 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Ace20XD6 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be fun to see him in a crossover with JL Dark though.

#41 Posted by Blue Son (504 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone remember the Batman/Spawn crossover...I believe at the end of the story Batman buried a batarang in Spawn's skull because he was disgusted with his tactics...lol.

Mind you everything is different now...if Spawn played a Ghost Rider equivalent in the DC world that would probably be boss, but I see him running into a WHOLE lot of trouble especially with the Justice League's near zero tolerance for murder.

#42 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

It'd be cool to see him team up with the JL Dark or Demon Knights since they specialize in fighting supernatural/mystic villains. Spawn and Etrigan would make a pretty awesome duo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.