Spawn Not Cut Out For Reality

#1 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody else think that Spawn and reality just don't mix? I mean, come on, it's practically impossible to keep Spawn badass comic look in a movie. If the movie was something like Sin City, then that might work. Maybe have the only colours in the movie be black, red, white, and green. Black for the costume, red for the cape, green for the eyes, and you've just gotta have white. What do you think?

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio

That would look pretty badass....
#3 Posted by Jotham (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, yeah sounds good. What about a fully CG movie or something?

#4 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham:
No, only Pixar movies are full CG, so Spawn wouldn't really be taken seriously.
#5 Edited by LT1085 (3635 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:

" @Jotham: No, only Pixar movies are full CG, so Spawn wouldn't really be taken seriously. "

what are you basing this on?  The pixar style animation is only one style of what i suppose i would call that genre of film making. 
#6 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio
@LT1085:
Yes, but the best known CG movies are made by Pixar.
#7 Posted by rein (1315 posts) - - Show Bio

What was wrong with the old spawn movie?

#8 Posted by ReverseNegative (2710 posts) - - Show Bio
@rein:
Everything.
#9 Posted by Kid weather (459 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep everything.Spawn should be redone for the next generation

#10 Posted by wickedflagon (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative:
The reality of Spawn is awesome on it's own! The series (comics and animated) makes scummy alleys and all manner of ill characters interesting. I do agree that a Sin City style movie would probably work the best (with a different writer/director, please). Michael Jai White struck me as too short an actor in the full-on Spawn suit in the live-action movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.