I want to read Spawn chronologically! Help!

#1 Posted by NHC (14 posts) - - Show Bio

The story is simple, I want to start reading Spawn in TPB but I see so many different Spawn titles. I don't know which ones I'd have to read first or last in order to read Spawn chronologically. Does anyone have a list that puts all of the graphic novels in order?        
#2 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by NHC (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the help. I was looking for something like that. I appreciate it. 

I also kind of want to know when all of those other Spawn titles with the surnames fit into the mythos' timeline.
#4 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@NHC said:
" Thanks for the help. I was looking for something like that. I appreciate it.  I also kind of want to know when all of those other Spawn titles with the surnames fit into the mythos' timeline. "
glad i could help.

im not so sure about, those spawns i've only ever read the core storylines.
#5 Posted by zombietag (1487 posts) - - Show Bio

actually, those volumes are very hard to find. if you read the main spawn series in order you should be fine. most of the other series (like curse of spawn) arent directly involved with the main story. most of the team ups (like spawn/batman) are unrelated as well and honestly usually not that great. 

i would recommend the spawn origins trades. they go in order and they arent that expensive either.

#6 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@zombietag said:
" actually, those volumes are very hard to find. if you read the main spawn series in order you should be fine. most of the other series (like curse of spawn) arent directly involved with the main story. most of the team ups (like spawn/batman) are unrelated as well and honestly usually not that great. 

i would recommend the spawn origins trades. they go in order and they arent that expensive either. "
Origins is not the original series though. it's an updated version of the Origin.
#7 Posted by zombietag (1487 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @zombietag said:
" actually, those volumes are very hard to find. if you read the main spawn series in order you should be fine. most of the other series (like curse of spawn) arent directly involved with the main story. most of the team ups (like spawn/batman) are unrelated as well and honestly usually not that great. 

i would recommend the spawn origins trades. they go in order and they arent that expensive either. "
Origins is not the original series though. it's an updated version of the Origin. "
no it is the original series. ive read actual back copies of spawn and the trades, they are one in the same except maybe some enhanced coloring and small things like that. theyre reprints of the original 1992 series, spawn
#8 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@zombietag said:
" @Caligula said:
" @zombietag said:

Origins is not the original series though. it's an updated version of the Origin. "
no it is the original series. ive read actual back copies of spawn and the trades, they are one in the same except maybe some enhanced coloring and small things like that. theyre reprints of the original 1992 series, spawn "
so have I.
#9 Posted by zombietag (1487 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
" @zombietag said:
" @Caligula said:
" @zombietag said:

no it is the original series. ive read actual back copies of spawn and the trades, they are one in the same except maybe some enhanced coloring and small things like that. theyre reprints of the original 1992 series, spawn "
so have I. "
then i dont know what you said that. it even says on the back of the trade "collects #X - X of the original spawn series"
#10 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@zombietag said:
" @Caligula said:
" @zombietag said:
" @Caligula said:
" @zombietag said:

so have I. "
then i dont know what you said that. it even says on the back of the trade "collects #X - X of the original spawn series" "
The issues are compressed for a streamlined origin story, that was the whole point behind them relasing origin was to make it more accessible. There is not important stuff missing, but small things. And if your as big as a fan of Spawn as me it can be a bit annoying. not that origins is bad, but I recommend the Original trade collections.
#11 Posted by ReverseNegative (2729 posts) - - Show Bio
@zombietag said:
" @Caligula said:
" @zombietag said:

It's the original. I have the first four. It just reprints the original. 

BTW, Spawn Collection #1 has gone out of print. They don't make it anymore. Just get the first Spawn Origins hardcover instead. It has the exact same issues as Collection #1.
#12 Posted by zombietag (1487 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReverseNegative said:
" @zombietag said:
" @Caligula said:
" @zombietag said:

It's the original. I have the first four. It just reprints the original.  BTW, Spawn Collection #1 has gone out of print. They don't make it anymore. Just get the first Spawn Origins hardcover instead. It has the exact same issues as Collection #1. "
true true double true

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.