Follow

Space Sector 2814

Location » Space Sector 2814 appears in 106 issues.

Billions of years ago the Guardians of the Universe divided the cosmos into 3600 Space Sectors for their Green Lantern Corps to patrol. 2814 contains the planet Earth, the gateway to the multiverse.

A Foreign Corps Member for 2814

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

Edited By RazzaTazz
    No Caption Provided
    For those of you reading Red Lanterns there was the final expected moment at the end of issue 5 where John Moore finally succumbs to his rage and becomes a Red Lantern (by the name of Rancorr.)  This has been alluded to since pretty much the first issue, but his acceptance of a power ring (even a red one) is a strange enough event.  I have written before about the green power rings in sector 2814 having something against female members, even while other sectors do not.  In reality though there is another pretty big discrepancy as well.  It has been mentioned before (during Blackest Night) about why there never were Green Lanterns from Earth previously and then all of a sudden there are four (it had to do with ancient prophecies) but even with this as a decent working explanation for why the power rings never chose representatives from Earth until recently, it does not really cover another  sort of glaring oversight - that power rings accept only people from the USA.  This has been the case with all four contemporary Green Lanterns, as well as with Carol Ferris, the Queen of the Star Sapphires (or the purple lanterns) and Nicole Morrison, the girl chosen as a representative for the Blue Lanterns.  So first the first time ever a ring has chosen a representative from somewhere else on Earth, this time from the "very different" country known as England.  Of course, there is the conflict between real world and comic world, where business decisions tell comic book editors that an American is much more interesting than a foreigner (though some characters don't bear this out) but anyway it is nice to see, if not a little overdue, to see the rings finally looking a little past the borders of the most self-serving location for a bearer.  
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By jrock85

I didn't realize that guy was from England.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#2  Edited By RazzaTazz
    @War Killer: Nicole Morrison kind of was a Blue Lantern
    Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#3  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

This guy should have been from Scotland 

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

Why not a foreigner? He's still from the right sector.

As to why all previous Green Lanterns from this sector (hell, planet!) have all been from the U.S.?

The answer is obvious.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Zdaybreak

England is boring and I only see first world problems coming from this guy. Why can't the ring choose someone with morerage? Like a former soldier of a bloody civil war in Africa or something. We have enough British superheroes.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By htb106

@Shotgun: England's not boring and most people only see it that way because of how it's portrayed in American TV and comics ( which is mostly lies )

bennyq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By bennyq

I've been wondering about the name change as well. As far as I know, no one else in any other corps changed their name when accepting a ring. Seems like it was an attempt to make him seem cool.

Actually I guess Dex Starr had his name changed from Dexter.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zdaybreak

@htb106 but it's still a pretty mundane setting. Danger and violence in the UK is pretty scarce.

bennyq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By bennyq

hang around Camden late on a Saturday night.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Zdaybreak

@bennyq: Yes, but I can find the same thing in any other downtown area in any American city, if what you mean is drunken brawling, thugs, petty robberies at knife-point or gun-point, rape, drive-by-shootings...etc. If I wanted thugs, I'll go read Batman and the sh!t that goes down in Gotham.

Now Mexico, that there is a scary place. You can be butchered in the light of day in certain areas and no one can do anything for fear of the cartels.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.