Same Source Wall?

#1 Posted by pelletboy (20 posts) - - Show Bio

In the DCAU, Lex Luthor entered the Source.  Since DCAU is part of the multiverse of the pre-reboot DCU, and there is only one Source in the multiverse, did DCAU Lex enter the same SOurce of the whole multiverse?

#2 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

the DCAU isn't part of the multiverse, there was only 52 Earths and I don't recall the animated one being any of them

#3 Posted by Billy Batson (58309 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost said:

the DCAU isn't part of the multiverse, there was only 52 Earths and I don't recall the animated one being any of them

Well some of the Earths are still unknown so there is a possibility. 

BB

#4 Edited by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost:  

Sure it was, it was Earth-12 in the Multiverse up until Infinite Crisis in which it became the future of New Earth and no longer home to the DCAU. Currently Earth-12 is the future of the pre-relaunch/reboot Multiverse and was home to the most recent Batman Beyond comic.
#5 Posted by pelletboy (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost said:

The comic Batman Beyond ties DCAU to pre-reboot DCU
#6 Posted by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio
@pelletboy:  

Well the most recent Batman Beyond comic actually didn't take place in the DCAU, it possibly took place in the pre-relaunch Mainstream Universe. The original Batman Beyond comic though did take place in the DCAU.
#7 Posted by pelletboy (20 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger said:
@pelletboy:   Well the most recent Batman Beyond comic actually didn't take place in the DCAU, it possibly took place in the pre-relaunch Mainstream Universe. The original Batman Beyond comic though did take place in the DCAU.
What's the source of this answer?  I distinctly recvall reading an article in ign.com that the recent Batman Beyond comic is set in the DCAU where it has ties with pre-reboot DCU.
#8 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger said:
@aztek_the_lost:   Sure it was, it was Earth-12 in the Multiverse up until Infinite Crisis in which it became the future of New Earth and no longer home to the DCAU. Currently Earth-12 is the future of the pre-relaunch/reboot Multiverse and was home to the most recent Batman Beyond comic.
no it wasn't....the animated earth is still a separate earth from New Earth....the future shown in Morrison's Batman run are of New Earth and do show Terry McGinnis as a Batman but there are to many differences between that future and the one shown in the Batman Beyond comics and tv show for it to be the same universe
#9 Edited by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:  

I meant that the DCAU is currently separate from the Multiverse and that it's no longer called Earth-12 as the new Earth-12 is the possible future of New Earth. Sorry If I didn't make my statement more clear.
#10 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger said:
@danhimself:   I meant that the DCAU is currently separate from the Multiverse and that it's no longer called Earth-12 as the new Earth-12 is the possible future of New Earth. Sorry If I didn't make my statement more clear.
source?
#11 Edited by CrimsonAvenger (1162 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:  
In Batman #700, it is shown that Damian Wayne as Batman saves the infant Terry McGinnis thereby confirming his place in the mainstream universe and that his new series takes place there. It is also confirmed as being Earth-12 in Batman Beyond #3.
#12 Posted by danhimself (22713 posts) - - Show Bio
@CrimsonAvenger: you're jumping to conclusions....we know that Earth 12 is the DCAU...but Damian never existed in that world....and no one from DC has ever said that Earth 12 was the future of New Earth they've only said that Earth 12 is the DCAU....Morrison is showing a possible future of New Earth but it's not Earth 12
#13 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1637 posts) - - Show Bio

All Damian did was save the Terry that belonged to whatever earth-#that existed with that version of Damian.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.