What would happen if Sonic could use the Speed Force?

#1 Posted by The Toon Man (59 posts) - - Show Bio

I know Sonic is fast but I know that Flash and many others like him are faster thanks to the power of the Speed Force. So, I wonder what would happen if Sonic could tap into the Speed Force himself. How much faster would he become?

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11702 posts) - - Show Bio

As fast as the rest of the Speedsters.

#3 Posted by The Toon Man (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: By the way, what is the full extent of the Speedsters speed?

#4 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

He still wouldn't beat Flash...

#5 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11702 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Toon Man: Originally, the full extent was speed of light, or a bit faster, but that always caused time rifts or distortions, and that was only obtained by Wally and Barry. According to the New 52, the full extent has been expanded into not just being a physical thing but now also a mental thing.

@mr.obvious: Which Flash? He could probably beat Jay and the other non-flash speedsters. Maybe. Wally and Barry, deff not. No one can beat them haha.

#6 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee: He can beat Jay in a race, but not Barry or Wally, they're just WAY too fast for him...

#7 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11702 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: Wally and Barry are too fast for their own good. They always seem to cause some sort of rift somehow hahaha

#8 Posted by MrDirector786 (43581 posts) - - Show Bio

He would pretty much be able to go as fast as some of the speedsters in DC.

#9 Posted by PowerHerc (84315 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd become part of the DCU as the Flash's sidekick.

#10 Posted by The Toon Man (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious: This isn't a battle thread, mind you. I'm just curious to see what would happen to Sonic's speed if he accessed the speed force. Maybe Flash could teach him some new tricks.

#11 Posted by The Stegman (24627 posts) - - Show Bio

he'd change his name to "Sonic Speed" and change the multiverse as we know it

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91260 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

He would pretty much be able to go as fast as some of the speedsters in DC.

Which he can probably do anyway...
#13 Edited by The Man of Yesteryear (5502 posts) - - Show Bio

As Super Sonic, he can already travel through time rather easily...

#14 Posted by MrDirector786 (43581 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Man of Yesteryear said:

As Super Sonic, he can already travel through time rather easily...

I think it's supposed to mean regular Sonic.

#15 Posted by The Toon Man (59 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786: Yep, it was about regular Sonic. But Super Sonic can be included.

#16 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

That would be cool...

#17 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

He would redefine speed as we know it...... well at least he would as Super Sonic as regular Sonic he'd be slower than Barry or Wally, but as Super Sonic he would probably just become an omnipotent gold blur like Wally was in Kingdom Come

#18 Posted by stormphoenix (935 posts) - - Show Bio

well i'd say he be really fast but sonic is way fast enough for the use of the speed force but IF he used it he well heck he be beyond speed i guess haha i dont know

#19 Posted by Iju (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Toon Man: uhh, number one, sonic doent need the speed force... hes faster than that... number two if he actually DID, there is chaos emeralds, so the "speed force" is useless....

#20 Posted by brainwave_200 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iju: your right Iju this is a pointless question.

#21 Posted by Iju (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@brainwave_200: LOL i love you guys! ^.^

#22 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

#23 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8116 posts) - - Show Bio

He travels through time and makes it so Hedge hogs are the most Dominate Species O.o

#24 Posted by Ms. Omega (4479 posts) - - Show Bio

The entire multiverse would wet itself because of the sheer awesomeness.

#25 Posted by Iju (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber: lol you are so right...

he works with no body, and he would be too fast for the DCU anyway...like i said, he doesn't need the speed force because he is FASTER than that.

#26 Posted by PowerHerc (84315 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iju said:

he works with no body, and he would be too fast for the DCU anyway...like i said, he doesn't need the speed force because he is FASTER than that.

Sonic doesn't need a body to work? He gets his stuff done as a spirit, wraith or ghost, perhaps?

Who knew? I certainly didn't!

#27 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

The Speed Force is shared with all the other members, so yes everyone would be as fast as him, I think a better question would be...

What if Sonic joined the Green Lantern Corps?

#28 Posted by whoohoo789 (219 posts) - - Show Bio

correct why would sonic need the speed force he is already fast enouphe to beat bart and jay but maybe not barry or wally but let it be known im no sonic hater or flash hater

#29 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

Archie Sonic probably could use the speed force if he was granted access to it.

#30 Posted by soduh2 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

@PurpleCandy said:

The Speed Force is shared with all the other members, so yes everyone would be as fast as him, I think a better question would be...

I'd say Sonic is more a of blue lantern. Not because of his fur color but because of his optimism.

#31 Posted by PurpleCandy (773 posts) - - Show Bio

@soduh2 said:

@PurpleCandy said:

I'd say Sonic is more a of blue lantern. Not because of his fur color but because of his optimism.

True true that's better and PS bout time to reply lol

#32 Edited by seonthehedgehog (1 posts) - - Show Bio

remeber if you do hyper was fast as time and ripped apart his universe then fixed by using that same speed

#33 Edited by Jeremy1989 (683 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be the fastest thing alive

#34 Posted by Sonic_jack (239 posts) - - Show Bio

i am going to talk about video game sonic first. most people don’t no this but sonic has time traveled using his pure speed in his normal form.

in the Storyline of sonic cd he time traveled i’ll even quote it from the sonic wikipedia page.

Storyline

Using his unrivaled speed, Sonic must travel through the past, present and future of each Zone to ensure a good future and to find Dr. Robotnik’s latest invention, Metal Sonic.

Sonic Cd

- In Palmtree Panic, Sonic didn’t have the Time Stones with him at first, so he needed to rely on his own speed to time travel.

this is in the Storyline of sonic cd. he time traveled to the past, present and future.

Sonic Colors

-Omega made calculations from Sonic and remarked that light speed would be exceeded by him, and Sonic replied that light speed is too slow for him (I think you know how Sonic feels about things about slower things).

Sonic Generations

-Tails said that Sonic’s speed alone can save time and space.

-Sonic mentioned/asked that he can jog around the planet

before they all yelled “SURPRISE!" for his birthday.

-Outran Teleportation

Sonic Rush-

-Sonic traveled to another dimension (The Special Stages were deemed as other dimensions by SEGA) with just his speed.

-Outran a Black Hole

and in the comics he has ran so fast that he stops time literally. even when just walking or standing still time is frozen. he almost got stuck permanently in this speed. he did it in his regular form not super sonic. technically that's infinite speed he covered any distance with no time passing.

#36 Posted by Gizmorino (640 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be the fastest thing alive

he already is

see him in his supersonic mode

#37 Posted by Gizmorino (640 posts) - - Show Bio

All of you Sonic fanboys are idiots. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9jZ_qcxivc

fanboy videos you dont know a thing about sonic so please dont post a thing about him. Am sure u are one of those who thinks his top speed is mach1

base sonic is only slower than d.c's top 5(bart, barry, wally,hunter and thawne) but supersonic mode he can reach any speed and please dont ask me any dumb question.

HE DOES NOT NEEDS THE SPEED FORCE, CHAOS CONTROL IS ENOUGH

#38 Posted by Mega_OLLO (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if regular sonic had the speed force he would always be as fast as super (golden) sonic.

Super Sonic with speed force would normally be at 2-5x lightspeed

Hyper Sonic with speed force would be near 20x lightspeed.

he would outrun any flash.

Then he would join the JLA to help defeat Lex Luthor and Dr.Robotnik (Eggman) who have teamed up to destroy the world.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.