Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Film

#1 Posted by MrDirector786 (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's the Sonic fan film that was released yesterday if you are curious to see it. Don't worry, it's not for profit or anything like that so there's no problem in posting it on here.

For those of you who did watch it, what did you think of it personally?

I didn't like it that much to be honest. I don't think it's hopeless but I felt the story wasn't very coherent, a lot of the actors were really just there to cater to people who are really into internet celebrities like the AVGN, Nostalgia Critic, and Brentalfloss, some of the acting could have been better, and the CGI and models weren't very good either except for maybe the ending. I know it's a fan film and I have nothing against the people who made it but that doesn't make it immune from criticism and this is honestly how I felt about it. Again, I can see ambition and I feel it has potential but I still think the way it was executed could have been a lot better.

#2 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Robotnik being played by an actual person.

Yuck.

#3 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

That was the dumbest thing I've seen in a long time.

Thanks for sharing.

Honestly I don't think a live action film is a good idea for a cartoony concept like Sonic.

#4 Posted by ZEELLO (223 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

Yuck.

1) What's wrong with Robotnik being played by an actual person? :<

2) Wait, so Sonic isn't played by an actual person? I am too afraid to watch this vid but if Sonic is CG then I'm even more afraid to watch it since it's probably gonna look like this:

Hilariously Bad Pakistan Sonic Heroes Happy Meal Commercial - 2004 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Q0_DgXHG0

#5 Posted by MrDirector786 (43553 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZEELLO said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Yuck.

1) What's wrong with Robotnik being played by an actual person? :<

2) Wait, so Sonic isn't played by an actual person? I am too afraid to watch this vid but if Sonic is CG then I'm even more afraid to watch it since it's probably gonna look like this:

Hilariously Bad Pakistan Sonic Heroes Happy Meal Commercial - 2004 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Q0_DgXHG0

Sonic is in CGI

Also, LOL at that commercial.

#6 Posted by stormphoenix (934 posts) - - Show Bio

It's nice nice job

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.