Should there be a new sonic cartoon ?

#1 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Imo they should based series on the video games but mix some of concepts of archice and fleetways. Anyway what do guys think? 

#2 Posted by hdorman1 (4662 posts) - - Show Bio

nah 
PINGAS!

#3 Posted by zero man (237 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe

#4 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5690 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should make a new Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon that is better than Sonic X. Maybe have the cartoon series actually be based on the comics this time around since I did like the stories in the comics.

#5 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there should be one based off of the Archie comics. I'd love to see villains like Enerjak and Ixis Naugus in an animated show.

#6 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5690 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:

I think there should be one based off of the Archie comics. I'd love to see villains like Enerjak and Ixis Naugus in an animated show.

Sonic Satam showed Ixis Naugus briefly, but it got canceled before they did anymore with him.   But yeah, I would definitely like to see a Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon show both Enerjak and Naugus.
#7 Posted by Iju (102 posts) - - Show Bio

no sonic cartoon! sonic ANIME.

#8 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

a sonic anime that is based towards teens and adults not kids most sonic fans are now adults and teens the last cartoon was god awful

#9 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

@Iju said:

no sonic cartoon! sonic ANIME.

YES!!!!!

#10 Posted by Iju (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor: LOL i know, right?

#11 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I would like to see a combination of both UK Sonic the Comic and Archie's Sonic Franchise of comics. Both series tooks samples of the satam series and Adventures Sonic the Hedgehog but alter them in some way. It would be one crazed up Universe. I know the fans would whine but I would like to see the reaction of the mix or the swapped characters, since it will give praise for both sides

Grimer said that he was done fighting Sonic in Sonic the Comic he should be in this series so is Slueth Doggy Dawg. Metamorphia wanted start over so she can be another plot twist.

#12 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I put some thought on how to make it work. It should give western animation or another country besides Japan and Australia. As for the characters, they should be combination so to advertise both comics and the games. This is going to be very experimental. I am going to get some hate for it. I suggest making a spread link for each character. This is going to be a doz,y so may I ask another thread that connects with this thread so each character get their specific talk.

#13 Posted by PurpleCandy (772 posts) - - Show Bio

I would so drool for a show like that. Especially one based off the new archie issues, with Enerjak, or even Scourge. I don't know why they haven't decided to make a new Sonic Cartoon, based of Archie comics

#14 Posted by MrDirector786 (43131 posts) - - Show Bio

@PurpleCandy said:

I would so drool for a show like that. Especially one based off the new archie issues, with Enerjak, or even Scourge. I don't know why they haven't decided to make a new Sonic Cartoon, based of Archie comics

Yeah, a cartoon based off of the Archie comics would be awesome. I guess Sega is more focused on making sure that Sonic's games right now are good, seeing as how Sonic games had a bad reputation until only about two years ago. That, and it depends on how popular the Archie comics are overall, and how much people demand a show based off of the comics.

#15 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

There some things that need to be change as Archie Sonic the Hedgehog the first issues were sloppy and stupid.

The next is dealing with fanbrats. They are unsatisfied with anything. There reason why we sheepish when make topic of sonic and or any other characters.

Third is license issues can be a problem. Look at power girl they never say it due to that. There is an issue with Hershey and the Dark Legion on Ken Penders. It was uncalled for move what they did in Sonic Chronicles. There is also continuity of Sonic X. Cream in the Archie Comics is from Sonic X. you know this could be opportunity

I would like to see spin off series for Tails and Knuckles. This would help divide the characters for each to have their spot light. Tails have a miniseries than get series later on full series. Knuckles has plenty work with having team chaotix and the dark legion. If that not enough they can take Captain Plunder. With Sonic off at space there would be issue of knuckles depowered and Tails secret missions.

#16 Posted by whoohoo789 (212 posts) - - Show Bio

could sonic date sally insted of amy in it?

#17 Posted by whoohoo789 (212 posts) - - Show Bio

please im just trynig something new.

#18 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@whoohoo789: If they follow with the games the relationship Sonic and Sally will be a made for the first two seasons. Then they would have break out that would give you a hissy fit. Don’t worry this is how you test the relationship and get other characters spot light. It is how Archie works. they will fet together in the fourth season slowly.

Amy would be combination of Fleetway and Archie. She would be a great archer and can use magical Piko hammer. we have to give her some awesome point and a possible love interest. That way she won't be so obsess.

#19 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to add few other things into the cartoon. There will be an episode when Amy takes the identity Sally for a certain situation. Sally takes the name of queen or feels that she should have when her father returns. She also goes Princess Captain Sally or Captain Princess Sally. She is called captain during the battlefield princess when she is not. Tails is able to keep up with Sonic in the beginning which motivates him to move faster.

#20 Edited by w0nd (2033 posts) - - Show Bio

carry on with the SATAM show they had in the 90's but update the art and go with the comic stories

#21 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@w0nd: Many would like that but sadly Archie owns the Satam characters so there are ownership issues that is why Sonic Underground was made. Furthermore the creator of that series died.

#22 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Just giving late news I have heard. There will Sonic Series connecting with the game Sonic Lost World. It is being made by Cartoon Network.

#23 Posted by gconn501 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read the Archie Sonic comics for over ten years and yeah it's had its ups and downs but overall the writing for the comics makes the games' stories seem mediocre at best in comparison. There's far more character development and depth than Sega has ever put into the games. If there's gonna be another tv show, then they should use the comics as a base because it's got a great group of characters and settings.

#24 Posted by gconn501 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

As for the whole anime idea, I'd say that unless some really talented writers took it on, it turn into another Naruto or Fairy Tale (which is nothing to strive towards). Then again, American writing for cartoons tends to be sub-par anyway. Nonetheless, the show would have to be written for all audiences - especially teens and adults due to the aged fanbase. I don't want one of those shows with slapped-together plots and far-too-simple dialogue to ruin yet another great character from my childhood.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.