Guinness Book of World Records

#1 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

From archiecomics.com :

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ENTER BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS

Archie Comics would like to announce that Sonic the Hedgehog has been was recognized by Guinness World Records as the longest running comic series based on a video game.

From the 2008 Guinness World Records: Gamer's Edition "LONGEST-RUNNING COMIC SERIES BASED ON A VIDEO GAME The longest-running comic series based on a video game is the American Sonic the Hedgehog Published by Archie Comics. It has now been running for 14 years and over 180 monthly issues having first appeared in July 1993."

Starting two years after the release of the first video game in 1991 for the Sega Genesis. Sonic the Hedgehog features a combination of characters and storylines from the games and cartoons, mixed with original characters and stories. The Sonic games continuity is an intricate part of the comics, each new game is incorporated into the story of the comic. Sonic and the Secret Rings included a free comic made by Archie Comics specifically for the game and both Sonic Chronicles and Sonic Unleashed will be included in the comic. In 2009 Sonic will continue to reach new milestones with the release of Sonic the Hedgehog 200th issue.

#2 Posted by SilverZeo (2748 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the series because it as a balanace of action and drama, all the while being self-contain when compared to marvel and DC, and th ewriters managed to keep their own ideas in balance when they tie in the new games that come out.

#3 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio

Having every game in the universe would be cool if the latest one didn't suck so much. hehe Good to see Sonic breaking a record though.

#4 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my favorites :D

#5 Posted by Namor1987 (1889 posts) - - Show Bio

just another reason Sonic iis a bada$$

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

who had the former record?

#7 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Nighthunter said:
"who had the former record?"

Ping Pong Paddle?
#8 Posted by The Two Lost Souls (38 posts) - - Show Bio

GO SONIC I still wonder who is faster sonic or flash?

#9 Posted by The Two Lost Souls (38 posts) - - Show Bio

GO SONIC I still wonder who is faster sonic or flash?

#10 Posted by Kentaxx (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

The Sonic comic series is very good ... I like it more then alot of Marvel and DC stuff...I have been reading it since 1996 when Sonic fought Nack the Weasel

#11 Posted by Iju (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Two Lost Souls: he was ALWAYS faster than him. >.>

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.