Follow

Sonic

Character » Sonic appears in 966 issues.

Sonic is a hedgehog gifted with the power of Speed, he is based on the character in the Sonic the Hedgehog video games that are made by Sega and Sonic Team.

Does anybody read the Sonic comics?

LiamKawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By LiamKawa

Okay, so almost everybody knows Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and Thor, but does anybody know Sonic the Hedgehog, the fastest thing alive, the one-and-only blue blur? Sure they do, they play the games. Does anybody read the comics? No, people prefer the Flash. Well, let me tell you what your missing. First of all, 2 series. That's it. StH (Sonic the Hedgehog) and SU (Sonic Universe). Read that, and you know everything that's happening on Mobius. Now, what is Mobius, you ask? Mobius is our planet after an alien race known as the Xorda basically destroys it. It repopulates with 3 main races: Mobian, the human-like animals of Mobius, and the primary race. Sonic himself, for example. Overlanders, the evolved incarnations of humans. Dr. Eggman, for example. And last is the now mostly extinct Robians, the robotiziced Mobians. Robians were replaced by legionized people recently, or Mobians that are partially robotiziced and brainwashed as a member of the Dark Egg Legion. If I were to name an example, you would've said "who's he/she?", but I'll say that Sonic's father is a Robian.  
    So what's this comic about? It's about the continual adventures of the fastest thing alive and his friends. There's adventure, action, mystery, romance, and even little educational values (but don't let that throw you off). In this continuity, Sonic has more friends than in the games, but also more villians. Aside from Robotnik and his succesor, Eggman, there's the traitorous lackey for Eggman, Snively, the evil wizard Ixis Naugus, the evil Sonic, Scourge, and many more.  
    So do yourself a favor, and next time your at your local comic shop, spend 3 bucks on the newest issue. You won't be dissapointed. 
    (Note: For more information on Sonic and his friends, check out the following websites: 

Like I said, you won't be dissapointed.)
    MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MrDirector786

I started reading the Archie series months ago. I think it's pretty good.

LiamKawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LiamKawa

Finally, a fellow reader!

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
    GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

Yep, I love the sonic comic, it reads like a saturday morning cartoon and it isn't ashamed of that.  Did you check out Archie's Mega Man series?

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MrDirector786
    @GundamHeavyarms said:
    Yep, I love the sonic comic, it reads like a saturday morning cartoon and it isn't ashamed of that.  Did you check out Archie's Mega Man series?
    I've sort of been thinking about reading it, though I'll probably look up reviews to see if it is good.

As a side note, has anyone here read Sonic 225 yet? I didn't find it anywhere in my comic shop last I checked and yet they still had copies of 224, 223, and even 222.
    biggkeem89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By biggkeem89

I've been reading the Archie Sonic Comics since I was about 8 years old. Its awesome, and surprisingly deep. It was the first comic I've read that dealt with mass genocides and politics. Its the reason I love Knuckles, the Chaotix, Tails, and a bunch of others.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Degalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Degalon

Considering that the Sonic comics are one of the only series that comic book shops ALWAYS run out of, yeah, i'd say a lot of people read the Sonic comics.

Moncole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Moncole

Sonic series were the first comics I ever read. But I read different stuff now.

themaskedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#8  Edited By themaskedhero

The Sonic the Hedgehog comics were my first gateway into comics, I remember my first issue was 42 with Sonic and Knuckles fighting on the first few pages. I know that if I ever have children I will collect the digests they have put out of the series because I feel it's a good read for young readers. I don't read it know not because I don't think it's good, but because I've gotten older and matured and the series hasn't. And rightfully so, I don't want an adult series about Sonic the Hedgehog (okay, maybe I would check it out), I want a series I could really give to my six year old cousin and not feel like there is something to worry about.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MrDirector786

Well, I just read the fourth and final part of the Sonic Genesis story yesterday. Personally, I felt the ending was a bit too easy of a victory. I'm hoping that the epilogue coming out in about two weeks will be good.

Out of curiosity, what did other people who read this story think of it? I thought it was okay though the ending seemed a little disappointing to me because it seemed like too easy of a victory, and because I was hoping to also see him go through the Sonic 3 & Knuckles levels.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By BatteredArmor

I stopped reading because everytime i brought it to the register people stared at me and some laughed. true story, still a good comic

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrDirector786

@BlackArmor said:

I stopped reading because everytime i brought it to the register people stared at me and some laughed. true story, still a good comic

You shouldn't care what others think of what you like. If you like it, you should keep getting it. I remember the first time when I was getting into it, the guy said he thought it was more of something for younger audience but I bought it anyway and I always buy it and no one seems to care... Or, if you have a child or a younger sibling you could just lie and say it's for them. :P

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BatteredArmor

@MrDirector786 said:

@BlackArmor said:

You shouldn't care what others think of what you like. If you like it, you should keep getting it. I remember the first time when I was getting into it, the guy said he thought it was more of something for younger audience but I bought it anyway and I always buy it and no one seems to care... Or, if you have a child or a younger sibling you could just lie and say it's for them. :P

yeah i know i should but do they sale it at comic stores because the borders near me shut down and i'm not willing to be each indivisual issue on amazon and u haven't noticed it at my local shop

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MrDirector786

@BlackArmor said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@BlackArmor said:

yeah i know i should but do they sale it at comic stores because the borders near me shut down and i'm not willing to be each indivisual issue on amazon and u haven't noticed it at my local shop

They sell it at comic stores. You might need to ask an employee where they are located though. I remember when I was getting into the series, I had to ask where they were placed. You can also order them online from amazon.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BatteredArmor

@MrDirector786: Thanks

IronHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By IronHerc

I don't remember what got me into trying to read sonic but for some reason I couldn't till recently, I tried starting from the very first issue but it was way too childish and it hurt to read. Thought of skipping but then there were some plot-points or characters introduced that i couldn't skip or else i would ask "who is this guy or girl or what do they mean by this thing going on?". Plots jumped in and out of mini series, specials, etc. It was a mess even if some stories i found fun to read like when sonic was turned into a robot, i was so exited to see what happened next and again.....the ending was in another one shot. I got sick of it and jumped to more recent stuff which is still very tied up in continuity and always going around referencing stuff that happened very long ago. Usually i call bull when some manga fans bash comics for their long complicated stories that could never make new people jump in and read. But if there was a comic that would admit to be guilty of this accusations......This is it! But then the genesis storyline came and now I can enjoy some plain fun sonic story. So i hope now I will be able to enjoy this series finally.

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MrDirector786

@IronHerc:

Yeah, when the series started it was mostly just really cartoonish and didn't make too much sense. But as time passed it got more serious. I think the Genesis storyline was a good idea because it gave new readers a good starting point and rebooted the series but I felt that the end of the story felt like too easy of a victory. I wonder what will happen in the epilogue coming out next week though...

IronHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#17  Edited By IronHerc

@MrDirector786:

Know what you mean, but now that I finished the story (barely read the last issue) even if it was a simple victory, I did enjoy it anyways (hope to see more super sonic or hyper knuckles in the future) Now after the credits which mentions that they are going to regular continuity, I hope the universe does change a little bit to be accessible to new readers so we don't have to be thinking about pre-genesis too much

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MrDirector786

@IronHerc said:

@MrDirector786:

Know what you mean, but now that I finished the story (barely read the last issue) even if it was a simple victory, I did enjoy it anyways (hope to see more super sonic or hyper knuckles in the future) Now after the credits which mentions that they are going to regular continuity, I hope the universe does change a little bit to be accessible to new readers so we don't have to be thinking about pre-genesis too much

Agreed.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Hazlenaut

its is obvious I have been reading Sonic Comics. I have been filling in content for several issues bot Archie and UK Sonic Comic. It had bad start in the beginning but it gets better later on. I can name several good issues to read.

Carolina574

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By Carolina574

Hey where is a good jumping on point. Just recently I've been curious to start reading Sonic again. I haven't read any since I was in elementary school. I started reading the series when it started in the early 90s and read through about issue 20. I know its well into the 200s now and the whole tone of the book has changed, but I am interested. Where would you say I should start.

soccersss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By soccersss

@BlackArmor said:

LoL.

I never got into Sonic. i'd prob check it out next time I go to my comicbook store

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MrDirector786

@Carolina574 said:

Hey where is a good jumping on point. Just recently I've been curious to start reading Sonic again. I haven't read any since I was in elementary school. I started reading the series when it started in the early 90s and read through about issue 20. I know its well into the 200s now and the whole tone of the book has changed, but I am interested. Where would you say I should start.

The comics recently rebooted with the Genesis storyline which began in issue 226 so I think that might be a good starting point. Currently, I think the latest issue is 232. There are also Sonic archives which are volumes of older issues if you're interested.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Hazlenaut

@Carolina574: I say go with current but volume 7 and 8 are good starts here is issue# 175 here is video to grab your attention.

lFiol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lFiol

does anyone where i can read this online ?

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hazlenaut
    Larkin1388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Larkin1388

I tried, but I just couldn't get into them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.