Follow

Solomon Grundy

Character » Solomon Grundy appears in 837 issues.

Solomon Grundy is a reanimated corpse stemming from a cursed place near Gotham City called Slaughter Swamp. He has had many appearances in which he had different levels of strength and intelligence, once surpassing even Superman in power level.

Talk to me about Solomon Grundy

TheOmegaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheOmegaMan

I'm fascinated with the idea of him.  Since I don't really know alot about him or have ever read about him in a comic~ Do you think it is worth it to get the comics he is in? I know there was a one shot of him, and also a 7 issue series that just ended... 

What say you? 
    RedRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By RedRyan
    @TheOmegaMan:
    I'd say yes to the one shot no to the series.I understand they wanted to do an issue for every day of the week but the story wasn't really strong enough to sustain it for that long.On the plus side the Scott Kolins artwork is very good and it does have an ending that's Blackest Night related so I have a feeling we'll be seeing him again soon
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Watch Dog
    @TheOmegaMan: 
    Salomon Grundy Is one of my top five favorite villeins and I enjoyed both the one shot and the minnie. He had an awesome story in JLA as well I can't remember the issue numbers tho.
    TheOmegaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#4  Edited By TheOmegaMan

Though I appreciate you moving this to this forum. It seems like a ghost town in here...Would have had more replies where it was...

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By geraldthesloth

The solomon grundy mini and one shot are great, you should get them both and you get a firm concept of what he is and how strong he is.

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By MrMiracle77

...born on a Monday. 

Voiced by Mark Hammill in the JL series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.