Who could play Solid Snake?

#1 Edited by NightFang (10074 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hugh Jackman could pull it off.

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

He'd be great for younger Snake... but Old Snake has to be Clint Eastwood :)

#3 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
"  I think Hugh Jackman could pull it off.

"
That's Naked Snake/Big Boss 

#4 Edited by Omega Ray Jay (7837 posts) - - Show Bio

Hugh Jackman would be the sh** as Snake

#5 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7897 posts) - - Show Bio

wow never thought about that. hugh jackman would be a great snake...

#6 Posted by raidenexe (36 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Christian Bale has got the right frame for a young, MGS1 snake. I think Hugh Jackman would be better for a MGS2 Snake.
#7 Posted by Ice Zero (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Christian Bale could do it ...

#8 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that Bale was already in talks about taking on the role of Snake. he would be pretty good, he got the gruff voice for it and the build.
#9 Posted by Adrenelad (8 posts) - - Show Bio

What about David Hayter? He already looks like snake, plus he IS the voice.

#10 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Bale has expressed his interest in acting as Snake if an live action movie is ever made, would love that to happen

#11 Posted by Acer (14412 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Posted by Treason (228 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone that can fit in a cardboard box
#13 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

HMMM

#14 Posted by eserrano05 (138 posts) - - Show Bio

no for hugh jackman yes for eric bana he is hell of an actor from his role as chopper to a SPY in munich i would rather see him

#15 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

nobody should attempt to play him.
#16 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by kal-el09 (74 posts) - - Show Bio

pliskin yes!!!!!!!!!....but I think david hayter could play snake he's got the features and the voice so why not?

#18 Posted by DarthT0n3h (21 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adrenelad: david hayter did not want to play snake in the movie for some reason, while he should by all means, christian bale i believe has been selected for snake or at least has said that he wants to.
#19 Posted by Adrenelad (8 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing is, fans are so used to the voice, so they would expect hayter, but at the same, i take back that he looks like snake, he doesn't really. The best solution is for the movie to be animated (with ashley wood's tone/manga style), or just like the game except only cutscenes, or use hugh jackman, but the whole movie has to be in cel-shaded graphics (kinda like the mirror's edge videogame or the team fortress 2 videogame) with david hayter VOICING OVER hugh jackman. By the way, I think that if they were to make  a Kingdom Come movie that it should be real time filming, with cel-shaded graphics put over it.

#20 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

I think bale or jackman could work. Are they still considering it?
#21 Posted by nickzambuto (13795 posts) - - Show Bio

David Hayter actually has stated that he'd like the MGS movie to be animated so he could do the voice. He even submitted a script for it but it got turned down (FFFFUUUU)

I think Hugh Jackman is to big to play Snake. Solid Snake is more lean than muscly; I'd be A-OK with Bale.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.