Should they make more Meatal Gear solid games not starring Snake?

#1 Posted by Bookman (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Your thoughts.

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Metal Gear Raiden! (no MGS4 tied everything up).

#3 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep.

Just not Raiden though. Maybe Ocelot.

OH! I know! They should make a mini-series where you can play as Volgin or on of the Cobras. That'd be awesome.

#4 Posted by Acer (14412 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Metal Gear Raiden! (no MGS4 tied everything up)."
I agree with that. I think they should MGS2 was a great game despite the dislike of Raiden but yeah they should make others that dont star Solid even if its just a side story.
#5 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes AND PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO REMOVE SOLID from the title.

I have a feeling if a new game comes out, it's a prequel. You can do it with Raiden but if you finished MGS4... it seems like his story ended too. Of course you can always make something up like him having to come back for an emergency mission like they've done to Snake.

Legendary Bio Vishanti
said:

"Yep.

Just not Raiden though. Maybe Ocelot.

OH! I know! They should make a mini-series where you can play as Volgin or on of the Cobras. That'd be awesome."

I can see them doing an Ocelot one prequel. He's had one huge ass role in the entire MGS series. And I love it when he says "you're pretty good!"
#6 Posted by Legendary Bio Vishanti (3333 posts) - - Show Bio

"I can see them doing an Ocelot one prequel. He's had one huge ass role in the entire MGS series. And I love it when he says "you're pretty good!"

Haha so do I.

Ocelot's so cool. Especially his ricochet trick in MGS3

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
  • They should create a title set after Snake Eater, for PS3, filling in the gaps between MGS3 and MG (Kinda like elaborating upon PO).
  • A Raiden story, showing what happened to him in the 5 years between MGS2 and MGS4.
#8 Posted by MajinNecro69 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm hoping for the eventual Ocelot game, either where you control him while he was in the GRU, or leading up to the events of the first MGS.

Although, I'm inclined to think the next Metal Gear will be in the distant future, when Solid Snake's legacy becomes something of myth...

#9 Posted by Jane Audron (1455 posts) - - Show Bio

If they do they should die! the game is not the same without Snake.

#10 Posted by Andras (2645 posts) - - Show Bio

To me the series is not the same without Ocelot.

I think they will and should make more games, filling in the gaps and such.

#11 Posted by Adrenelad (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank Jeiger "Cyborg Ninja" has to be explained alot more after bieng squished by Rex's boot. The only way to play as him is if you finish everything in "Metal Gear Solid VR missions" and you get to play 3 levels! No one on the earth could come up with a negative for a Cyborg Ninja videogame.

#12 Posted by Adrenelad (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank Jeiger "Cyborg Ninja" has to be explained alot more after bieng squished by Rex's boot. The only way to play as him is if you finish everything in "Metal Gear Solid VR missions" and you get to play 3 levels! No one on the earth could come up with a negative for a Cyborg Ninja videogame.

#13 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

that would be very awsome.
#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

Fix

#15 Posted by Theworldbreaker (1642 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as they have the touch. 

#16 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

They should remake metal gear 1 and 2 that were on the computer. I would like to play as young snake again.
#17 Posted by GTG12 (1575 posts) - - Show Bio

No i can't take raiden rising will be good enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.