Sodamy?

• 80 results
#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Sodam is now Ion...

that much is clear...

he's all powerful, he's the most powerful weapon the Guardians have ever let loose...

hold on... why the smeg does he still need a ring then?

something's not right here... that isn't the proper Ion, at least not at full power...

in either variation of Ion, Kle has never needed the ring...

so why does Sodam?

me thinks this is something to do with the Alpha Lantern project...

M

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy says:

"maybe he needs the ring to contain the ion power or something"

Kyle never has...

M

Eternal Chaos says:

"Um, maybe it was just the artist leaving the ring there?"

nope, it's in the Superman Prime oneshot as well, different artist...

it's also in the oneshot promo's for the Ion oneshot next month...

one artist i can believe... 3 separate ones? nah

M

#3 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe he needs the ring to contain the ion power or something

#4 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Um, maybe it was just the artist leaving the ring there?

#5 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio

#6 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Copy says:
Kyle never has... M Eternal Chaos says:
nope, it's in the Superman Prime oneshot as well, different artist... it's also in the oneshot promo's for the Ion oneshot next month... one artist i can believe... 3 separate ones? nah M"

Maybe they left it like that because it's part of the new design. You know how picky artists are. You change their design they catch a fit. Question, why does Superman Prime look like Harley from Batman?

#7 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

sodamy? um i think i walked into the wrong thread... sodamy?

#8 Posted by G-Man (36759 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff Online
#9 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"I'll admit that I haven't been reading all the Sinestro Wars books. I'm buying them but just not getting around to reading them. I don't know much about this guy. Or at least I haven't been paying attention to him. Just saw him in http://www.comicvine.com/comic/tales-of-the-sinestro-corps-superman-prime/19311/115864/ and thought his name should be changed. Good call, I guess."

yeah...

everyones having fun with the "sodamy" and "sodamising" jokes...

i expect it to go for a few more months at least

M

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's childish and we already have too many kids running around. Anyway, I think Superman Prime looks like a clown in the first post, and I figure that the ring will be explained at a later date (might be right that it's a Alpha-related thing).

#11 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

this threads going down the pooey....

#12 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

get it "pooey" ha ha its a joke!

#13 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

He could just be wearing it as a badge of office. It was on his hand when the Guardians transformed him, so maybe it seemed appropriate to leave it on to connect with his fellow Lanterns.

#14 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

Cosmic Sentinel says:

"He could just be wearing it as a badge of office. It was on his hand when the Guardians transformed him, so maybe it seemed appropriate to leave it on to connect with his fellow Lanterns."

Now that seems like a reasonable explanation. You don't need a badge to be a cop.

#15 Posted by warlock360 (28057 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Sodam is now Ion...that much is clear...he's all powerful, he's the most powerful weapon the Guardians have ever let loose...hold on... why the smeg does he still need a ring then?something's not right here... that isn't the proper Ion, at least not at full power...in either variation of Ion, Kle has never needed the ring...so why does Sodam?me thinks this is something to do with the Alpha Lantern project...M"

if that was basicly his first time as ion then his ring maybe dissolves into him and he becomes the ring... that part look like a almost end stadium of a transformaion...

#16 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Copy says:
Kyle never has... M Eternal Chaos says:
nope, it's in the Superman Prime oneshot as well, different artist... it's also in the oneshot promo's for the Ion oneshot next month... one artist i can believe... 3 separate ones? nah M"

yea but maybe the guy isn't as good as containg the power or something

#17 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is Sodam?

#18 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"Who is Sodam?"

um some Kryption who evolved and moved into another planet and he is weak against steel and he is a green lantern and he has a prophecy or something (not sure what it says about him) but as you can see currently Ion. Oh wait seeing how he is under the earth sun does that mean he is as strong as superman and have the power of ion?

#19 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

the ring could be a mistake.

heres a pic of GL Kyle Ryner with out his ring.

#20 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"the ring could be a mistake.heres a pic of GL Kyle Ryner with out his ring."

just one little question

wasn't ice death?

#21 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"Who is Sodam?"

the guy with the worst name in comics

#22 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwingprodigalson says:

"just one little question wasn't ice death?"

na death has a lot of forms i don't think Ice was one of them though.

she gets resurrected in GREEN LANTERN CORPS #19

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?s=31&cm=8609

#23 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

na i don't think its a mistake. Because seriously there is probably like 20 guys checking those comics for mistakes. I just personaly think that for some reason yat can't control the power of Ion with out his ring.

#24 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

The Ion says:

"na i don't think its a mistake. Because seriously there is probably like 20 guys checking those comics for mistakes. I just personaly think that for some reason yat can't control the power of Ion with out his ring."

could be but then 20 guys forgot to look at Kyles hand in the pic i posted. lol

#25 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"The Ion says:
"na i don't think its a mistake. Because seriously there is probably like 20 guys checking those comics for mistakes. I just personaly think that for some reason yat can't control the power of Ion with out his ring."

could be but then 20 guys forgot to look at Kyles hand in the pic i posted. lol "

lol i pointed that out...

also, anyone else think the short sleeves on Sodam-Ion look bloody stupid?

M

#26 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"The Ion says:
could be but then 20 guys forgot to look at Kyles hand in the pic i posted. lol "

Maybe its not a mistake maybe their is a reason for it. You got to think of every possibilty but it might be wrong or it has a reason for it.

#27 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"acewasp23 says:
"The Ion says:
lol i pointed that out... also, anyone else think the short sleeves on Sodam-Ion look bloody stupid? M"

didnt know you pointed that one out. lol

short sleeves? do you have a pic?

#28 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Valkaad says:

"The OA guys to channel more energy to him so that he can be more powerful. BUT it would also somehow let the OA guys take control over them. They could force him into action if they needed (even actions he was against)."

and that idea actually makes my physically ill...

the idea that The Guardians would use their own 'Corps' like that, while it is looking that way at the moment, i find the idea actually sickening...

that is not what The Guardians used to be about

M

#29 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is that it lies within your post "forever committed to the Green Lantern Corps." I am thinking that maybe it is somehow attached or part of him and he cannot remove it! If he and the ring are literally fused "They are ONE" maybe it allows The OA guys to channel more energy to him so that he can be more powerful. BUT it would also somehow let the OA guys take control over them. They could force him into action if they needed (even actions he was against).

#30 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"the ring could be a mistake. heres a pic of GL Kyle Ryner with out his ring. "

oh and maybe its a hint of kyle becoming ion again. (not being a fanboy) but i mean maybe something goes wrong and the ion symbiote wants to go back to kyle and the prophecy was wrong. (also maybe alot of people were mad about yat becoming ion so they decided to change it) I don't know. I'm just throwing ideas into the air.

#31 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

here is a pic of one of the alpha lanterns.

i think they fused the battery with the Green lantern making them into one of the alpha lanterns, least that's what it looks like.

on that note, why didn't Hank henshaw fuse with the yellow battery?

#32 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Valkaad says:
"The OA guys to channel more energy to him so that he can be more powerful. BUT it would also somehow let the OA guys take control over them. They could force him into action if they needed (even actions he was against)."
and that idea actually makes my physically ill... the idea that The Guardians would use their own 'Corps' like that, while it is looking that way at the moment, i find the idea actually sickening... that is not what The Guardians used to be about M"

Yeah it would totally ruin the OA's. They would go from Lawful Good Paladins to Lawful Evil *can't remember the name for the evil paladin*

#33 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

looks like the same race as Bodicca...

weird lol

M

#34 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"here is a pic of one of the alpha lanterns. i think they fused the battery with the Green lantern making them into one of the alpha lanterns, least that's what it looks like. on that note, why didn't Hank henshaw fuse with the yellow battery? "

That looks like a green Scarlet Witch. (Emeral Witch?)

#35 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"here is a pic of one of the alpha lanterns. i think they fused the battery with the Green lantern making them into one of the alpha lanterns, least that's what it looks like. on that note, why didn't Hank henshaw fuse with the yellow battery? "

That looks like a green Scarlet Witch. (Emerald Witch?)

#36 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"looks like the same race as Bodicca... weird lol M"

it probably is Boodikka. lol

#37 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"looks like the same race as Bodicca... weird lol M"

You finally got the "Staff Memeber/Moderater Card". creates a microphone and some cheezy 80's tv personality personality

So tell all the people at home how's it feel to be on par with the creators?

#38 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"You finally got the "Staff Memeber/Moderater Card". *creates a microphone and some cheezy 80's tv personality personality*So tell all the people at home how's it feel to be on par with the creators?"

roflol :D

hi EC

M

acewasp23 says:

"it probably is Boodikka. lol "

nah, she's got both her hands lol

M

#39 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Damn I'm good! Can you feel it, huh? Can you feel it Captain Compost!?-Ace Ventura, Pet Detective"

my new emote lol

M

#40 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"You finally got the "Staff Memeber/Moderater Card". *creates a microphone and some cheezy 80's tv personality personality* So tell all the people at home how's it feel to be on par with the creators?"
roflol :D hi EC M acewasp23 says:
nah, she's got both her hands lol M"

yeah but who's to say one's not a prosthetic or a creation of the ring/lantern/whatever. lol

#41 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"You finally got the "Staff Memeber/Moderater Card". *creates a microphone and some cheezy 80's tv personality personality* So tell all the people at home how's it feel to be on par with the creators?"
roflol"

Damn I'm good! Can you feel it, huh? Can you feel it Captain Compost!?

-Ace Ventura, Pet Detective

#42 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Damn I'm good! Can you feel it, huh? Can you feel it Captain Compost!? -Ace Ventura, Pet Detective"
my new emote lol M"

roflmao.

#43 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Methos says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
roflol :D hi EC M acewasp23 says:
nah, she's got both her hands lol M"

yeah but who's to say one's not a prosthetic or a creation of the ring/lantern/whatever. lol"

bleh...

M

#44 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

glad everyone likes it :D

M

#45 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Damn I'm good! Can you feel it, huh? Can you feel it Captain Compost!? -Ace Ventura, Pet Detective"
my new emote lol M"

lmao

#46 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
my new emote lol M"

LMAO!!! I can't even lie, I find that one really funny.

#47 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"glad everyone likes it :D M"

I was the old guy before joining the vine and hearing about the GLs. Now, I don't think DC sucks although I still prefer Marvel. :)

#48 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just Hal Jordan lol

M

#49 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"I'm just Hal Jordan lol M"

Pedophile...

#50 Posted by The Ion (686 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Methos says:
"glad everyone likes it :D M"
I was the old guy *before* joining the vine and hearing about the GLs. Now, I don't think DC sucks although I still prefer Marvel. :)"

same

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.