SMALLVILLE "Sacrifice" Preview

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

You've got the killer of Superman showing up before the birth of Superman.
     You've got the killer of Superman showing up before the birth of Superman.

I still can’t get over how many aspects of DC continuity are being fit into SMALLVILLE  as happening before Superman’s debut. You’ve had Doomsday and an unofficial Justice League show up while before the Man of Tomorrow’s first official flight. In these clips alone, we have Green Arrow and Checkmate entering the fray, and Clark Kent is still just Clark Kent. He’s got that black outfit on with the chalk “S”, but he still isn’t even Superboy yet. I remember when this show first debuted (and lord knows it was a long time ago, now. I was still in high school). I asked, “How many stories can you tell about Superman when he isn’t Superman?” Nine or ten seasons worth. That was the answer I should’ve understood back then.

These clips from the upcoming “Sacrifice” episode, which is the second-to-last episode of the season. Perhaps you could think of it as the prelude to the this season’s penultimate adventure and, as you recall, somebody in the cast is going to bite it in the finale. A lot of you are thinking it’s going to be that Chloe chick, but wouldn’t it be WILD if Clark was the one to die? That would REALLY answer the question of how many stories you can tell about Superman without Superman. Hey - - Doomsday's shown up. I don’t see why you couldn’t do an adaptation of the Death of Superman before Superman’s even debuted.

Anyway, the first clip shows some terse words of intimidation exchanged between Green Arrow and Zod, while the second’s more general preview of Chloe and Tess getting trapped in the Watchtower. Enjoy!
    == TEASER ==

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia. Pre-order the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover now on Amazon.com.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I love Smallville but, where is the clip.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I dont see any clips....

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By warlock360
    @Gambler:
    neither do i
    Neverpraying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Neverpraying

No clip either

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By NightFang3
    @Neverpraying said:
    " No clip either "
    mv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mv

turn him into superman then i might wacth flippin heck talk about dragging it out

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

me 2 no clip

buns134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By buns134

I Love the show it is good  
    if you dont like it because you say it is not continuity or how a character is  
    ITs IN THE Multiverse  
    sry had to get that out there
    Gylan Thomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Gylan Thomas

Try not to get bogged down in the continuity between the show and comic books.
    The two are entirely seperate fictional worlds.
    Just like most adaptations it's not a direct transfer.

Avatar image for mr_hulk_smashin__
    Mr.Hulk_Smashin'!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@reaper2923 said:
    " me 2 no clip "
    I see 2 clips
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@Mr.Hulk_Smashin'! said:
    " @reaper2923 said:
    " me 2 no clip "
    I see 2 clips "
    Those weren't there earlier
    Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bruce Vain

You know it is quite possible that Green Arrow could be the one who gets killed. I mean he did die in the comics in that plane crash. So anyone is fair game. 

I would like to see Doomsday return next season and bring in Darkseid. Slowly have him invade Earth and give weapons to intergange like he did in the Animated series of Superman.

blaakmawf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By blaakmawf

I have pretty much accepted the show as an alternate universe and have given up hope that anything will happen within official superman canon, and yet I have watched since it began and still enjoy it. 

iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iloverobots

I like Smallville. I've been watching it since it started, when I was also in high school and although I did lose interest for about 2 years I got back into it around season 6 and beside the occasional bad episode, the show's been pretty consistent in quality. As for who's gonna die this season, I'd go with Chloe - I don't think the actress wants to do this show anymore (I randomly found her blog the other day where she was talking about directing / acting in a bunch of projects other than Smallville)  and her character's death would be a good twist for season 10 (which is most probably gonna be the last one). Losing their 'Watch Tower' Cyborg, Impulse (The Flash), GA, Aquaman and Clark would have to get in touch a bit more and that'd be great to see. It would also push GA over the edge and let's face it, that's when he's the most interesting.

I know I'm totally dreaming here but Smallville would be a good series to spin-off into a JLA show, but with the Batman movies and GL movie coming out... there's no way it would ever happen (at least not with a "classic" JLA) 

Also: Clips say "Sacrifice", post says "Obsession"

Avatar image for dreadpirateremy
    DreadPirateRemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DreadPirateRemy

Why is he using a composite bow and for that matter, why is he using a friggin crossbow?!? I don't care if this is the multi-verse, GA needs a longbow plain and simple. GAH! BOOO SMALL VILLE! BOOOOOO! For SHAME! What is he? The green bolt?!? Crossbows! AHHHHH!

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By SevanGrim

stoopid show. I actually own the first 6 seasons because i used to like this crap, and i thought it ws going someplace besides to a dirty rotten stupid $hit 10 seasons of Clark Kent pussyfooting around.
     is it really that difficult to make the show about a young superman? i know originally they made some creed about no costumes or flying... but that was before a billion other costumed heroes showed up and Clark wasnt 21 and working at the daily planet. didnt they also make a creed about not making a soopid show? cuz that one would trump imo...

skaarason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By skaarason

might check it out , only watch a few ep. of this season

Green ankh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Green ankh

Wow there sure is allot of bashing abouthis show.   I am in my 40's and i have been reading Superman titles from the aga of 12 or so.   

I hated Lois and Clark and when Smallville started i disliked it. It was like so much of the teen shows on the WB. I went back and watched the first few seasons on DVD that i had borrowed from a friend. And i still dislike them.  

I didnt start watching till Green Arrow started to show up. I have become a fan. It isn't the Superman i read about. But that is one of the things i like so much. The writers have worked so many of the Super "things" into their version of the mythos. I find it fresh and it works for me.  

Lois is sexy and fun, Chloe has become interesting, Green Arrow works, They killed Jimmy (so what).  
      The show isn't always good but it sure is better than Superman Returns.
    Deo Wade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Deo Wade

We'll be seeing The Prime Superman soon. 

crowncoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By crowncoke

I cannot wait for the Season Ender.  We shall have the Red Queen... Martha Kent!  Mark my words on this.  I have not been a huge fan of the show, but taken for what it is, its not bad.  IT IS NOT SUPERMAN / SUPERBOY.  Its a TEEN show (just like the rest of WB) and for that i can swallow it (at least its not vampires).
    MikeIsrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MikeIsrael

Who believes Erin Durance doesn't work, not me!  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.