Follow

Smallville

Location » Smallville appears in 1203 issues.

The hometown of Superman, and his high school sweetheart Lana Lang.

The Worst Smallville Moments

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

Edited By Doctor!!!!!

I did the best but now let’s go over the worst moments that made me think "Why the hell am I still watching this crap!” They were questionable, but they had decade of stuff to go by so lets go over my problems, with the help of IGN, they are the heroes who need the praise.

Good Times... Meteor Showers
    Good Times... Meteor Showers

Clark's Origins Redux (Apocalypse)

Clark's origin story has been altered to fit in the modern story, which has been done really well, but then there was this episode. Clark is in a alternate history where he never landed on Earth, and Jor-El send him to Krypton( I don't know how) to stop Brainiac from killing baby Kal-El before heading to earth. No Jor-El or Lara in sight, but Clark PUTS baby Kal-El in the rocket.

YOU DON'T DO THAT! To me... it never happened.

Lana's Exit (Requiem)

Lana returned to Metropolis to see Chloe and Jimmy's Wedding, but that wasn’t a nice as it should’ve had been. One of Clark’s important people in his life…. in high school. The first four seasons, Lana fits perfectly in the high school years of the show, but later on she kept bringing back the high school BS like Whitney use to do, who actually liked Whitney anyway!?

A lot of people felt like Clark at this moment
    A lot of people felt like Clark at this moment

As Lana stuck around her episodes seemed like a drag to be around, when one of Lex’s plans gets hijacked by Lana, which gains her superpowers. Where she becomes, get this… Kryptonite Girl!(You gotta say it like Kevin Spacey does) This allowed Clark to not even be around Lana, which means she is written out of the show, Because the writers didn’t really seem they could handle Lana anymore, too bad she went out lame.

Sponsored by… (Hero)

One my favorite characters return to Smallville after being gone for several seasons, Pete Ross. In this episode, sponsored by Stride, Pete is a Roadie who travels with a band, but when a containment of Kryptonite leaks on Stride gum, and Pete manages to eat some, he is given the ability to stretch ( like the long lasting flavor of Stride, sponsored by Stride). I know product integration isn’t new, but come on! Fringe and Chuck are guilty of It, but they dedicate one episode of it. “Hero” didn’t do it well, brought to you by Stride Gum!

Stride is going to me sue me right?
    Stride is going to me sue me right?

From start to finish it was an advert, Pete’s Return deserved a lot better than being Elastic man, not Elongated Man or Plastic Man, but Pete Ross: Stride Man. Booster Gold can sell himself better than this episode.

“Jimmy’s Death as a Whole” (Doomsday)

No Caption Provided

Poor Jimmy… poor, poor Jimmy Olsen, we will never forget you (now singing Michael Bolton). In the Season 8 finale of the show a surprise turn of events a character I have a place in my heart for was killed by Davis Bloome/Doomsday. Not Jimmy, anyone not a staple character Jimmy! Then we learn this isn’t really Jimmy, his real name is Henry James Olsen and his brother is the real Jimmy Olsen, and Chloe gives Jimmy his brothers camera at his funeral.

Okay this pissed me off in a way that I can’t describe, Smallville liked making changes to Superman Mythos that made it seem current and fresh, bringing big DC Characters was a leap in a single bound in the right direction, like Jimmy Olsen. Then killing off a character that we thought was our Jimmy, which to me was unforgivable, I’m still pissed. Also my friend who loved Chloe and Jimmy’s Portrayal so much that every time I mentioned Jimmy she would go “JIMMMMMYYY!!!” in a lovable squeal, now I don’t hear that anymore.

Lana is Vamper (Thirst)

Lana joins a sorority and is turned into a vampire. That’s about it, there is nothing more to say. Buffy still had the WB power when Smallville was a freshman show, so learn from the best, I guess. There was also a character named Buffy Sanders, yeah. This episode made me think Smallville jumped the shark (Well Clark can, and throw it into space) but Season 5 slowly redeemed itself; it was no season 4 with Lana and the possessions… that’s another story.

Nearly Everything Teague related (Season 4)

Yeaaaahhh...
    Yeaaaahhh...

Season 4, I wish it could have gone better. In the start, we find out Lana is the descendant of a witch who learned to master three Kryptonian stones. We get a new main character played by the awesome Jensen Ackles aka Dean from “Supernatural” (he is a lot better there than this entire season) and a recurring character played by “Bond girl” and “Dr.Quinn” Jane Seymour as Jensen’s mother. The season was” kind of” boring to absolutely nothing happens! The people I talk about when discussing Smallville say they stopped watching around this point, which is a bad sign.” Commencement” brought the show back to its roots, but the damage was done, thanks witch lady!

Love hurts (Committed)

A lunatic Jeweler kidnaps couples to see how much they are well, “committed”. A love test with Kryptonite seems forced (well that’s what its intention was) for the Lois and Clark relationship, we all know they love each other, they know we love each other, they can find out for themselves later on, with their words.

She’s gotta eat! (Craving)

girl's gotta mouth on her
    girl's gotta mouth on her

The high school days of Clark had its fair of teen related episodes but Craving takes the cake (sorry, mmmmm cake). When Jodi Melville (Plated by the new Lois Lane, Amy freakin’ Adams!) wants to lose weight so people won’t tease her anymore, but when she eats kryptonite food( everything had kryptonite in it these day) she get what she wanted. Jodi gets really hungry from this and when she hits a deer while driving while eating. She gets out and like a snake she unhinges her jaw and eats the deer. If I was there witnessing this I would be in shock, but looking at this now it is freakin funny!

The rest of the episode was Whitney related, who cares! Like I said earlier, who cared about Whitney’s problems?

Earthworm Jed (Subterranean)

Lex began starting his 33.1 experiments to create supersoilders, and he created Jed McNally, who had the ability to travel underground at superhuman speeds, like Tremors, Lex must love Tremors, because that’s awesome!

The episode was “blah” Clark fights Jed underground for a few seconds.

“Smallville” Meets “Matrix” (Colateral)

What these guys get into next will surprise you
    What these guys get into next will surprise you

The episode that seemed less like a follow up to Hawkman’s funeral but more of a ”Justice League” episode that probably will never be made. Smallville takes on the Matrix with Chloe being Morpheus and Agent Smith, and Clark as (The One, basically). Chole is back though kicking all types of butt and taking names, but they took a lot from the Matrix. They have done better with their parodies, I like “The Hangover” episode a lot more, and the Zombie episode “Rabid” in the same way, It is just a small problem for me for a great 10 and Final Season.

I know there are a lot worst episodes out there, but I’m Smallvilled Out! For now, at least.

Can think of worse? I might disagree with you on some but remember the good time over the bad with some good memories of the show.

“The Best Moments of Smallvillle”

http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/doctor_____/top-smallville-moments/87-76328/

Good Bye Smallville! (2001-2011)

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Mercy_

Great list!

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
    buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By buttersdaman000

.......The series finale has got to be the absolute epitome of a anti-climatic letdown.

LONGTIME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LONGTIME
    tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By tonis

great list man, and your pretty spot on with your choices, I'd have picked much the same.

Although overall I loved the show, there were those moments when it irked me how things went. Some of those middle seasons that transitioned from Smallville to Metropolis seemed rushed and confusing and pretty much everything dealing with any resolutions of Pete, Lex, and Lana blew chunks.

I did get all sorts of giddy though anytime they brought in the League and the Absolute Justice arc goes down as one of my all time favorite episodes of ANY tv show. Really wish they'd developed them more as a team.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

Anyone else notice that Clark lost his powers twice a season?

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

@joshmightbe:Yup... He has to have those powerless episodes for a lesson, that lesson is to see how much of a fan you are to keep going along with Superman with no powers... Thanks Jor-EL!

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

When they could of had Captain Marvel but then chickened out and just had a parody 
    when they could have had a Aquaman spin-off but again they chickened out 

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By HolySerpent

Season 10 worst moment. Lex Luther aka micheal rosebum leaves the show. Doomsday appearance. Lana or alicia not being able to be with Clark . Lois being able to be with Clark.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cattlebattle

I really loved the show but hated the...I don't know what to call them....Filler episodes?? 

The last one I recall is where Lois turns  (probably due to Kryptonite, can't remember) into an "old timey", June Cleaver house wife type...the whole episode was silly and there was usually a couple of ones similar to this per season 

good list  though

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By HolySerpent

Am I the only one mad the way they treated Lionel Luther in season 10

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

@Doctor!!!!!: After about the 12th time its lost my interest

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Almost every single second of this show was an awful experience. Tess, Oliver, and Lex were the only remotely interesting characters.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HolySerpent

@Illuminatus: lex yes. But oliver and Tess? no, just no!

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By azza04

Smallville's Jonathan and Martha Kent were so freaking annoying. And Jor-El was such a bastard. I think Clark would have turned out ok if he was raised by average parents instead of the holier than thou Kents. Would have been far more interesting to watch anyway.

RedOwl_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By RedOwl_1

Mmmm... I just saw the first season... then I realized there were 9 more... so I jump to the 10th season and saw the final punctual.

I hated they waited 7 years more to marry again -_-

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cattlebattle
    @Illuminatus said:
     Almost every single second of this show was an awful experience. Tess, Oliver, and Lex were the only remotely interesting characters.
    You didn't like Lionel?? Even if your not a fan of the "more evil father" cliche character you just gotta love John Glovers acting
    Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Renee

Too many to count.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
    @cattlebattle said:
    @Illuminatus said:
    You didn't like Lionel?? Even if your not a fan of the "more evil father" cliche character you just gotta love John Glovers acting
    Actually, I appreciated that reminder. I was quite fond of Lionel and his endlessly-scheming ways. 
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By danhimself

no rubber suit Doomsday?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised the Clark Luthor episodes weren't mentioned. On Earth 2 Ultraman was found by Lionel and still named Clark, which must have been a popular name for space orphans that year. Clark Kent reuniting Clark Luthor with Jur-IL may have seemed like a good idea at the time, but in a universe where a completely evil guy who wears a different shirt kills his own adoptive brother there was no telling how evil a Kryptonian program could be. But everything seemed pretty much wrapped up. 
    Smallville was one of those guilty pleasures that lasted far too long.

Avatar image for ifdcruledtheworld
    IfDCRuledTheWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kryptonite suit Lana never did settle with me. Still throwing up a little just thinking about it. Be right back.....

Avatar image for ryu_talkative_batman
    ryu_talkative_batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still a fan of the series, it is a TV show of course it is going to have ups-and-downs.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HolySerpent

Hawkman being on the such. He looked to silly

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Season 4 was the best season, but everything else I agree on. Requiem was the worst moment of the series.

And I'd say everything relating to Doomsday was terrible too.

spystreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By spystreak

the show was mediocre at best the season finale was complete hog wash

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bloggerboy

@FadeToBlackBolt:

S4 was one of the worst seasons with it's witch storyline and Clark Kent playing soccer.

Requiem wasn't that good but hardly the worst and the Doomsday storyline is amongst the best in the series.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#27  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @bloggerboy: The "witch" storyline went for a whole of about three episodes, and Clark played Gridiron. Nothing wrong with that.  

Requiem and Doomsday were both terrible. One was having a God Mode Sue Put on a Bus, and the other was just the definition of anti-climax, along with the pointlessness of Jimmy' death. 
    the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

pretty much everything that happened after Lex "died"

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

@FadeToBlackBolt:

Season 4 wasn't bad altogether, but only the Teague related storylines.Jimmy!!!!

@IfDCRuledTheWorld: Don't remind me... ha!

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HolySerpent

Season 1-6 were the best.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#31  Edited By Kairan1979

Worst episodes of each season:
    Season 1 -  Craving (fat-sucking vampire... I rest my case)
    Season 2 - Precipice (Lana kicks asses after two days of training).
    Season 3 - Covenant (pathetic faux-Kara)
    Season 4 - Forever (fake school and the power to turn people into wax statues that look like dolls from sex shop... what were they smoking?)
    Season 5 - Thirst (Buffy jokes are supposed to be funny, but they weren't. Especially with ex-Spike as Braniac).
    Season 6 - Subterranean.
    Season 7 - Hero (another example why Smallville version of Pete is pathetic)
    Season 8 - Doomsday (they robbed us when we were expecting the Big Fight between Clark and Doomsday, and then THEY KILLED JUMMY!)
    Season 9 - Escape (Lois as Silver Banshee)
    Season 10 - Scion (pathetic Superboy)

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

@Kairan1979 said:

Worst episodes of each season:
    Season 1 - Craving (fat-sucking vampire... I rest my case)
    Season 2 - Precipice (Lana kicks asses after two days of training).
    Season 3 - Covenant (pathetic faux-Kara)
    Season 4 - Forever (fake school and the power to turn people into wax statues that look like dolls from sex shop... what were they smoking?)
    Season 5 - Thirst (Buffy jokes are supposed to be funny, but they weren't. Especially with ex-Spike as Braniac).
    Season 6 - Subterranean.
    Season 7 - Hero (another example why Smallville version of Pete is pathetic)
    Season 8 - Doomsday (they robbed us when we were expecting the Big Fight between Clark and Doomsday, and then THEY KILLED JUMMY!)
    Season 9 - Escape (Lois as Silver Banshee)
    Season 10 - Scion (pathetic Superboy)

I agree with most of this "Scion" I liked Superboy, Faux-Kara became Faux Wonder Woman, banshee was a blip in my radar, and Jimmy! I didn't include anymore of it, because Smallville is not a bad show at all, it had bad moments.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By bloggerboy

@FadeToBlackBolt: The length of the storyline is partly why the arc was bad. A great disaster was coming and Clark wasn't doing enough to stop it. We had more than three witch arc related episodes though because it ties directly to finding the stones.

akawiccan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By akawiccan

For me, Jimmy Olsen (Season 6 - Season 8) is still the REAL Jimmy Olsen of the Smallville Universe. My fav. character of the Superman-comics and the Smallville series. ... I'm still pissed about his death. He would be a part of Season 11 now :( ... ... btw. I really liked Whitney :)

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

and Clark Kent playing soccer.

He was playing football, actually.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.