Follow

Smallville

Location » Smallville appears in 1203 issues.

The hometown of Superman, and his high school sweetheart Lana Lang.

A Major Death in SMALLVILLE's Season Finale

• 71 results
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#51  Edited By SevanGrim
    @AngelFrost: like i said, she could play any white female.That doent really make you special, as most white females could play a white female. And honestly she could do Starfire. But a while lady covered in orange makeup doesnt quite blend as well as someone who already has a simlar skin complexion.
     They COULD use just about anybody, but if your looking at a screen with a team full of white girls... it would just work better if the character who didnt look like everybody else didnt look like everybody else.
     and im not being racist, before anyone jumps to that one. Its exactly the same as when movies cast the Samoan guy to be an from another planet. Our minds pick up the subtle differences, even if their hidden beneath makeup and prosthetics. Nothing against any race or Blake. Its just a matter of what has been proven to work better on film. So if you have a character who is supposed to be exotic, your best bet is to cast her with someone with exotic qualities, so your not trying to make the exotic with makeup and cgi. 
     Prime example is Avatar.
    Avatar image for hero_vs__villian
    hero vs. villian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By hero vs. villian

Well, I haven't watched Smallville since season 8, and if they kill off Chloe, I'll be glad I stopped watching.

Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By Argentino_18

My money is is Chloe, but if it was my choice it would be Tess....

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#54  Edited By jakob187

I stopped caring about Smallville after season 7.  =  /

Pez85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Pez85

How many times has Chloe died already? Clearly, having her die again wouldn't be much of a shocker.  How about Ollie? After his "redemption", perhaps he sacrifices himself to save Clark from......something.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Grim:  Seriously dude ... What is your problem with white women?  & Similar complexion? I think it's pretty hard to find orange-skinned girls O_o   It's not all about looks you know, acting plays a part in it , and Blake is a talented actress, who has shown she's more than a pretty face  (watch her in The Private Lives of Pippa Lee if you don't believe me)  - the colour of her skin has nothing to do with it,  A Black or Asian girl would look exactly the same when smothered in orange cosmetics. -_-
    Mister_Shiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Mister_Shiver

I say Test Mercer.  Luthor needs to make a comeback. After all he is Clarks counterpart.  He seems to get a new nemesis every season.  I am wondering when he will finally meet Bruce Wayne and how he will be incorporated into the story and how much will he know already about Clark, Oliver, Martian Manhunter etc.

creole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By creole
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @Grim:  It was a joke. ¬_¬  I just felt I was a little under attack for no reason.   

And young 5 foot 11 people aren't too common. But Starfire would wear heels (comic chicks in movies often do)  so Blake would end up being atleast 6'2' or something + she's totally sexy! . Have you seen her in Gossip Girl? She towers over all of the cast. & Chace Crawford is atleast 6 foot.  Breast size is not a problem. But if you wanna talk about hers then ...

I don't know about you but ... I'd be honoured to have those on my chest. "

@AngelFrost:
    yeah? I like those.
    R.O.Y.G.B.I.V.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By R.O.Y.G.B.I.V.

DOOMSDAY will die
    Nightwing23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Nightwing23

Chloe will die for sure! The smallville universe will be restarted and everything will be redone as if the meteor freaks, other villains and the crossovers was a dream.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SevanGrim
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @Grim:  Seriously dude ... What is your problem with white women?  & Similar complexion? I think it's pretty hard to find orange-skinned girls O_o   It's not all about looks you know, acting plays a part in it , and Blake is a talented actress, who has shown she's more than a pretty face  (watch her in The Private Lives of Pippa Lee if you don't believe me)  - the colour of her skin has nothing to do with it,  A Black or Asian girl would look exactly the same when smothered in orange cosmetics. -_- "
    already said it has nothing against white women. 
    notice how in Avitar, to get the exotic look, nearly Every blue alien person was modeled after someone with darker skin and ethnic features? Someone with a natural bronze skin color kinda fits the "similar complexion" bill.  it works.its cinematography. you want an exotic alien? get an exotic human. u want a normal alien (Star wars, star trek, kryptonians) you use anybody.
    not saying anything about her acting ability. its about the overall look. and no, a black or Asian girl would not look exactly the same when smothered in orange cosmetics. different races have different facial structures, and unless you wanna cake on plastic and makeup until the look fake, it will always show.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Grim:   I haven't seen the movie but I've seen clips and images, and Zoe Saldana looks no different than Sam Worthington with blue special effects to be honest. You would not be able to tell the colour of their skin once it's masked with CGI or Make-Up.  Also, Bronze is a lot different to orange ...

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

My hope is that Zod or Tess dies but, if chloe or oliver dies will cry and probably stop watching the show. The people I know it will not be is Lois and Clark. But we will just have to wait.
    The Island

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The Island

The show is terrible, they can kill anyone they want, doesn't matter.

except for the JLA offcourse.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SevanGrim
    @AngelFrost said:

" @Grim:   I haven't seen the movie but I've seen clips and images, and Zoe Saldana looks no different than Sam Worthington with blue special effects to be honest. You would not be able to tell the colour of their skin once it's masked with CGI or Make-Up.  Also, Bronze is a lot different to orange ...   "

sigh....its not the color of her skin! its the difference in her facial structure! I can tell you didntsee the movie, because Sam's blue alien looks completly different from Zoe's! 
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

and his blue alien looks completely  different 
    from the others! 

If all the CGI/makeup covered actors looked alike, they wouldnt have hired and paid so many, and then spent soooooo much money turning all of them into blue alien people. if the ethnic facial structure didnt matter, they would have picked one white guy and one white girl, and then digitally recreated them a hundred times over.
     The reason the movie did so well was because it looked  good. and the reason the 90% cgi alien people didnt all look he same was because they where all of different facial structures. there where 3 white NA'VI, and the rest are all of any ethnicity BUT white. why? "cuz  James Cameron racist! ...no. wait.  Its because thats what works! 
    casting is about more than being pretty and having talent. its also about acting range and physical appearance.
     If you still dont see it... idk what else to tell you. this is as far as i can go with words. 
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By AngelFrost

@Grim:  Yes, they look different because he is male!  ¬_¬  your really not understanding me. Yes, they didn't look the same because they didn't just have 'black people' they had a mixture of ethnicities, which is how a movie should be.

All I'm saying is that actors can surprise you. No one ever would have thought Blake Lively to be playing Carol, but it's happening.  I'm not saying I want Blake to be Starfire, your simply arguing for the sake of it! - When I did the Gossip Girl 'joke' picture, I thought Blake was more of a fit for Starfire than the other  females on the image, because she's tall and beautiful, like Starfire, so I made the match and simply wrote the name underneath.  

It's not my fault you can't take a joke. 

iloverobots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By iloverobots

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Smallville_episodes#Season_10  

" On March 4, 2010, The CW announced that Smallville will be back for its tenth season. Tom WellingErica DuranceCassidy FreemanCallum Blue, and Justin Hartley are the only cast members from the previous season that are contracted for the tenth season, should the writers keep them in the show. 

cadaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By cadaver

kill them all! smallville blows.

audiszayd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By audiszayd

As much as it seems that Chloe would be the obvious choice, i dont think the writers would just kill her off after all the hard work they put into the character. I really like Chloe and actress Allison Mack's performace throughout the series. Yeah she got on everyones nerves in the beginning of the series but she grew on you. Now I like to think that the writers would just write her off because regardless, Allison Mack is leaving Smallville. She hasnt renewed her contract and she said herself in an interview that in this season (9) shes looking forward to see how shes going to be leaving smallville. 

So leaving it at that, Tess Mercer will probably be the next best choice.
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#70  Edited By TheMess1428

Lex Luthor and Jimmy Olsen are already dead. Pete Ross was black and moved away... Made no sense. Chloe Sullivan never existed... Weird.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#71  Edited By Caligula

im going to play risk taker here, and say Clark is going to die
    Raia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Raia
    @AngelFrost:
    yes i can see this lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.