Follow

Slapstick

Character » Slapstick appears in 141 issues.

High School practical joker Steve Harmon was transformed into a being of living electroplasm during a trip to a different dimension in the Multiverse, referred to as Dimension Ecch.

I can't believe he's actually an important character!

Big Poppa Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Big Poppa Pete

I thought I was the only one who remembered his mini-series from '92. I LOVED this dude. His brief appearance on the bus in "The Initiative #1" was the only reason I continued to read the series. I hope they continue to use him well. Unfortunately, he seems like a prime candidate for "Skrull-ification"

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

That what i like about the Initiative series, the usage of old obscure characters.

And i think Slapstick would be the last one to be replaced by skrulls. He's just crazy anyway.

Big Poppa Pete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Big Poppa Pete

fesak says:

"And i think Slapstick would be the last one to be replaced by skrulls. He's just crazy anyway."

Yeah, I thought about that, but on the other hand, his shapeshifting powers are easy to dupe. And the brutal beating he gave Gauntlet was waaaay out of character.

StarjackerSeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StarjackerSeth

Wow! Other people love Slapstick too? Amazing.

A few days ago I finally got my order of all 4 Slapstick comics. They are HILARIOUS. I love this guy as much as Deadpool. And he isn't exactly an important character just YET. In some Initiative comics, he's not even listed. But his appearance in several of them will hopefully mark the beginning of more Slapstick. And yeah, even though the brutal beating was a tad out of character, it's believable. He was really close with the New Warriors, and Gauntlet wouldn't stop dissing them, so it's believable.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Big Poppa Pete says:

"fesak says:
    "And i think Slapstick would be the last one to be replaced by skrulls. He's just crazy anyway."

Yeah, I thought about that, but on the other hand, his shapeshifting powers are easy to dupe. And the brutal beating he gave Gauntlet was waaaay out of character."

It's not really out of character, he did some crazy things in his first mini too, and i think the skrulls would have a hard time copying his infinity pockets.

Calbretto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Calbretto

I'm thrilled that Slapstick is still kicking around the Initiative books.  I can't wait to see how his story unfolds when everyone finds out that he beat the crap out of Gauntlet and stole KIA's weapon.  I think his whacky powers are slowly driving him insane.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.