Skrull tech and intelligence

#1 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking about it and let's say somehow a small of fleet of Green Lanterns fly into the Skrull Star System and get shot down and are, in short, eradicated. The Skrulls go to their bodies and pick up the Green Lantern rings and take them back to their scientific facilities. Can Skrulls actually reproduce, and mass-produce Green Lantern rings if given time?

(And yes, we can discuss other things about Skrull intelligence)

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

um... no?

i haven't seen much about Skrull technology, but i haven't seen anything that puts them on the same technological level as the Guardians

M

#3 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"um... no? i haven't seen much about Skrull technology, but i haven't seen anything that puts them on the same technological level as the Guardians M"

I think it's possible. If given a few years of exploration and understanding, I think the Skrulls can at least get some mock GL rings made. It's not too far fetched, all that's required is a disection of the ring technology. It might not be on the same level as the GLs at first, but I think it can happen with time.

#4 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont know nearly enough about their level either. they're an older race then the shiar or the kree but the kree have at least caught up to them... not that that helps any :)

#5 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"I think it's possible. If given a few years of exploration and understanding, I think the Skrulls can at least get some mock GL rings made. It's not too far fetched, all that's required is a disection of the ring technology. It might not be on the same level as the GLs at first, but I think it can happen with time."

Dissecting a GL ring is next to impossible...

they have no technology inside and are made out of a solid psionic material...

i can't see any way for the Skrulls to be able to replicate them.

i'd give the Skrulls good chance of replicating New God technology like a Motherbox or a BoomTube operator.

but nothing as advanced as OA'n technology, even Kryptonian technology can only recognize OA'n technology as a 'kind of magic', Kryptonian tech can scan planets across the universe, but it can't penetrate a Green Lantern Power Battery or Ring.

M

#6 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say the Kree have a better chance at it.

#7 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"I think it's possible. If given a few years of exploration and understanding, I think the Skrulls can at least get some mock GL rings made. It's not too far fetched, all that's required is a disection of the ring technology. It might not be on the same level as the GLs at first, but I think it can happen with time."
Dissecting a GL ring is next to impossible... they have no technology inside and are made out of a solid psionic material... i can't see any way for the Skrulls to be able to replicate them. i'd give the Skrulls good chance of replicating New God technology like a Motherbox or a BoomTube operator. but nothing as advanced as OA'n technology, even Kryptonian technology can only recognize OA'n technology as a 'kind of magic', Kryptonian tech can scan planets across the universe, but it can't penetrate a Green Lantern Power Battery or Ring. M"

well the skrull did make a cosmic cube, so you never know...

#8 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
Dissecting a GL ring is next to impossible... they have no technology inside and are made out of a solid psionic material... i can't see any way for the Skrulls to be able to replicate them. i'd give the Skrulls good chance of replicating New God technology like a Motherbox or a BoomTube operator. but nothing as advanced as OA'n technology, even Kryptonian technology can only recognize OA'n technology as a 'kind of magic', Kryptonian tech can scan planets across the universe, but it can't penetrate a Green Lantern Power Battery or Ring. M"
Like I said, I would give it to the Kree if the two races were racing to do it. The Kree have already created The Ultimate Weapon(that Ronan uses) and Mar-Vell's Nega-bands. Both are two of the most powerful weapons in the Marvel Universe.
#9 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Methos says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
well the skrull did make a cosmic cube, so you never know..."
They did?
#10 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Eternal Chaos says:

Never say never. I think it's possible and like A-Station said, they created the Cosmic Cube so they can probably do it. It may be a psionic technology but once again, who says they can't replicate it in one way or another. In MY opinion, they can create something else similar to the cosmic cube and replicate the Green Lantern Rings, even give them some changes. I don't think it's totally impossible. Hell, the Kree might be able to do it with help from the Supreme Intelligence.

#11 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Methos says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
Never say never. I think it's possible and like A-Station said, they created the Cosmic Cube so they can probably do it. It may be a psionic technology but once again, who says they can't replicate it in one way or another. In MY opinion, they can create something else similar to the cosmic cube and replicate the Green Lantern Rings, even give them some changes. I don't think it's totally impossible. Hell, the Kree might be able to do it with help from the Supreme Intelligence."

i agree with you!

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

M

#13 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Apparition says:
"Methos says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
They did? "

I believe so. I don't exactly recall, but I think it was either Avengers, or Fantastic Four. I just know I want the issue. LoL.

#14 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody says:

"Apparition says:
"Methos says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
They did? "

yep. look up the shaper of worlds

#15 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm...

Skrulls are becoming more and more intriguing...

M

#16 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Eternal Chaos says:

"Methos says:
"hmm... Skrulls are becoming more and more intriguing... M"
Yup. Who knows... I might be a Skrull. LoL. Wait, wasn't Thanos' mother part Skrull or something?"

no thanos' mother was all eternal

#17 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

Yup. Who knows... I might be a Skrull. LoL.

Wait, wasn't Thanos' mother part Skrull or something?

#18 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p171/methosivanhoe/3D%20renderings/who1.jpg M"

lol youve gotta hate that chin!

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

heh :p

M

#20 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Methos says:
Yup. Who knows... I might be a Skrull. LoL. Wait, wasn't Thanos' mother part Skrull or something?"
no thanos' mother was all eternal"

I thought that was his father. Interesting. I've been questioning it for awhile. I remember reading something about it, that supposedly he killed his mother because she was a shapeshifter and he killed her for giving him his horrible appearance or something like that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.