Follow

Skrulls

Team » Skrulls appears in 1704 issues.

"They called themselves Skrulls! But, by any name, they were a band of the most dangerous menaces Earth had ever faced! They are able to change their appearances at will!"

Skrull Shapeshifting.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Ok, here's my next Skrull question. If a Skrull shapeshifts into say... a gorilla, will it have a Gorilla's strength and speed? What if it transforms into a Cobra, will it have the ability to create venom?

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
    Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal Chaos says:

"Ok, here's my next Skrull question. If a Skrull shapeshifts into say... a gorilla, will it have a Gorilla's strength and speed? What if it transforms into a Cobra, will it have the ability to create venom?"

I think if it can copy powers to an extent that it can copy a Gorilla's strength, speed, durability etc.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Anybody else

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Clantern

If you think that's a difficult question, try and imagine what it would be like for a skrull to copy a transformer!

O.K. anyway although i don't know much about Skrulls i beleive that they can mimic abilities right? and can also turn their hands into knives or clubs? Well i think they should be able to mimic strengh and speed and duribility, although i wouldn't be the best person to ask.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"Ok, here's my next Skrull question. If a Skrull shapeshifts into say... a gorilla, will it have a Gorilla's strength and speed? What if it transforms into a Cobra, will it have the ability to create venom?"

I didn't know Skurlls could be Gorillas..I thought the could only be intelligent life forms.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Vance Astro says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    I didn't know Skurlls could be Gorillas..I thought the could only be intelligent life forms."

Intelligent life is debatable.

Anyway, being that Skrulls obviously imitated Black Bolt and did a damn good job of doing it, especially his powers, can it be said that the green men can technically become heroes? So, for instance, let's say I'm a Skrull and I want to imitate say Hulk. Would I be able to have his strength on some level?

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DEADPOOL

I'd imagine a Skrull can mimic an animals natural physical characteristics, however they cannot copy super-powers, at least not things like teleporting or telepathy. I'd imagine they could copy physical powers to an extent, like Beast's fur and claws or Angel's wings.

I think Skrulls will use technology to give the appearance of having that character's powers. There are however "War Skrulls" which are genetically altered to copy their target's abilities. To what degree? I don't know.

Post Edited:2008-03-03 17:04:03

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"DEADPOOL says:
    "I'd imagine a Skrull can mimic an animals natural physical characteristics, however they cannot copy super-powers, at least not things like teleporting or telepathy. I'd imagine they could copy physical powers to an extent, like Wolverine's claws (although not adamantium) or Angel's wings. I think Skrulls will use technology to give the appearance of having that character's powers. There are however "War Skrulls" which are genetically altered to copy their target's abilities. To what degree? I don't know."
    But that's just it DEADPOOL. What if they're copying a character, or somebody who's natural biology is giving them super strenght, or superspeed like Superman or the Sentry?"

I'm pretty sure they can do that.But then again the Skrull that was revealed as Blackbolt had all of the Illuminati's powers and it only took Iron Man and Namor to kill it.So either that was bad writing or...Skrulls can imitate powers but only to a certain degree.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eternal Chaos

DEADPOOL says:

"I'd imagine a Skrull can mimic an animals natural physical characteristics, however they cannot copy super-powers, at least not things like teleporting or telepathy. I'd imagine they could copy physical powers to an extent, like Wolverine's claws (although not adamantium) or Angel's wings. I think Skrulls will use technology to give the appearance of having that character's powers. There are however "War Skrulls" which are genetically altered to copy their target's abilities. To what degree? I don't know."

But that's just it DEADPOOL. What if they're copying a character, or somebody who's natural biology is giving them super strenght, or superspeed like Superman or the Sentry?

DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DEADPOOL

Eternal Chaos says:

"DEADPOOL says:

But that's just it DEADPOOL. What if they're copying a character, or somebody who's natural biology is giving them super strenght, or superspeed like Superman or the Sentry?"

You bring up a good question, but the same question could be asked about Mystique. I have to assume that their shape-shifting is superficial. Like I know they can shape-shift into objects, but I am willing to bet they still have organs and such.

Realistically they would get a strength and endurance boost matching that of the 7 foot, 900 pound Hulk if they were to transform into him... however they would not gain his actual strength or healing.

That's the only way I can rationally explain it.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By The_Martian

Eternal Chaos says:

"DEADPOOL says:
    Past Skrulls could not copy powers. These newer versions are different, they can even hide behind people's extra senses, so there is no telling what the can and can't do yet.
    Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Nobody says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    Past Skrulls could not copy powers. These newer versions are different, they can even hide behind people's extra senses, so there is no telling what the can and can't do yet. "

Exactly. That's why I'm questioning it because it's bothersome, I can't figure it out.

@DEADPOOL: But what if that's not the case at all? There're so many issues that come into play with this it's not even funny. It's complicated.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13  Edited By The_Martian

Eternal Chaos says:

"Nobody says:
    "Eternal Chaos says:
    "DEADPOOL says:
    Past Skrulls could not copy powers. These newer versions are different, they can even hide behind people's extra senses, so there is no telling what the can and can't do yet. "
    Exactly. That's why I'm questioning it because it's bothersome, I can't figure it out. @DEADPOOL: But what if that's not the case at all? There're so many issues that come into play with this it's not even funny. It's complicated."
    I don't think they can "copy" powers. I think they can only use her powers that the skrull has been genticly modified to have that power. Like Super-Skrull and the F4.
    DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEADPOOL

Eternal Chaos says:

"But what if that's not the case at all? There're so many issues that come into play with this it's not even funny. It's complicated."

It is complicated and while I never gave Skrulls much thought until recently, it was always Mystique that baffled me.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By danhimself

i'm not sure about the skrulls and i know it's not canon but remember in the x-men movie when wolverine cut off mystiques claws when she was posing as wolverine

Djinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Djinn

kay mystique-mutant, skrull- alien, two totally different beings. i dnt think they can the only reason the got super heroes powers is cause they were experimented on and it was written in their DNA. they themselves dont copy powers

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#17  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Skrulls are just shape-shifters. Nothing super-human changes about them when they shape-shift.
    These newer skrulls are an updated version of the super-skrull, they are altered on a genetic level to have certain abilities. They do not have all abilities, just the ones that were genetically altered into them

Airstrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Airstrike

When you shape-shift you assume a different form but not the abilities and although they may look like a 7' 900lb. Hulk, it would have his strength, this would generally be the rule with a normal Skull or shape shifter.  BUT, these new prototypes/engeeniered Skulls are given the person's genetic make up and memories thus when they assume the form the have their abilities plus their looks and memories.  BUT, if this were true for all them?  why did they land the skull heroes on the Savage Land instead of capturing the real heroes and implanting the doubles throughout?  I think that would have caused more damaged and chaos then what just occured on the SL and they already proved that they change switch without anyone noticing!  It would have been like the invasion of the Body Snatchers!  I think it was poor writing, at least some of the skull heores should have been real heroes to keep the others guessing! 

Mind_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Mind_Games

Hmmm that would of made a more interesting story and all but the story that we have now is still interesting.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego said:
    " Skrulls are just shape-shifters. Nothing super-human changes about them when they shape-shift.These newer skrulls are an updated version of the super-skrull, they are altered on a genetic level to have certain abilities. They do not have all abilities, just the ones that were genetically altered into them "
    thats exactly it. also the Skrull Kill Crew infected by Skrull cow meat (maybe?) and the Earth born Skrulls via the Cow Skrulls
    do however have additional powers which they were born with.

@ intelligent lifeform. yes, theyve become cows, among other animals. whose to say what an intellegent lifeform is, and to
    a Skrull, one lifeform as probaly just as differant as the next, humanoid or not. obviously, if your a Gorrilla for example,
    you strength, speed, ect, is drawn from your physical form, so you do get that bonus.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.