Follow

Skaar

Character » Skaar appears in 263 issues.

Skaar is the son of the Hulk and Caiera the Oldstrong, retaining the powers of both his parents. He traveled to Earth to strike his revenge against his father, but upon realization that his father was a good person, joined forces with him instead. Recently however, he was depowered by Doctor Green.

is anybody else excited for Skarr: King of savage Land

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShadowX

I am really interested in this new mini-series, Because Skarr has become on of my favorite character's plus I think the savage Land will provide the right environment  for him, fighting tribal warriors, and huge monsters is what I think is right for Skaar. Plus, I have always been fascinated by dinosaurs and other pre-historic creatures, having one of my first word's being dinosaur, and having loved the Jurassic Park movies. I have also like the savage land and similar places in other fiction. SO is anybody else excited for it. 

Skaar: King Of The Savage Land #1
    Skaar: King Of The Savage Land #1

Skaar: King Of The Savage Land #3
    Skaar: King Of The Savage Land #3
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DEGRAAF

I am excited about anything with Skaar in it. I am just hoping that if he does beomce King of the Savage Lands that they dont just leave him there in limbo and forget about him never to eb heard from again
    ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ShadowX

yeah I hope they don't do that. maybe he can get hi sown full series, afterwards.
    nj06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By nj06

This looks really interesting. I think the Savage Land is a good place to have Skaar and I think good stories will emerge from this.

Blurred View

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 353

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Blurred View

I've been really excited about this since it was announced. It's a great idea. The Savage Land really is the perfect "home" for Skaar and the other characters from Planet Hulk. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really want to see Skaar become more and more civilized. The Savage Land is pretty much the only place he can be and stay the Skaar we all know.

Alch21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Alch21

Theres only two things that can come from this mini 

1. He stays in limbo for a good while after the mini is over 

2. If the mini is popular we'll see more of him soon (new series?)
    jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By jayskee

I glad there finally giving him his own minin series
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @Alch said:
    "Theres only two things that can come from this mini  1. He stays in limbo for a good while after the mini is over  2. If the mini is popular we'll see more of him soon (new series?) "

this is what i was thinking too which is really bothering me. They are switching it back to Incredible Hulk (note the absents of the plural) and i believe cutting the cast down to (from what it sounds like) Hulk-Banner, She-Hulk-Jen, Red She-Hulk-Betty. Sounds like Skaar and the war bound will be staying in Savage lands and I'm assuming A-Bomb will be going back home (limbo). They mentioned Hulk-Ross joinging the show for a little bit but does that mean they are getting rid of his book? Also what about She-Hulk-Lyra? 

Skaar is my favorite Marvel character, he should not be thrown in to limbo. I hope the final issue of his mini shows him handing the name of ruler back to the guy running the Savage Lands and shows him heading back to the normal MU. If thye need to put him some where they should put him on Secret Avengers or a team up (get tricked in to helping, thinking he is doing good) with Daken. 

I think this Super Spy team up thing Pak is going to be doing doesnt sound very good. Im glad they will finally flesh out the feelings between Banner and Betty though.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF

So has anyone else read this yet? What i dont get about the writers is that they always play up the part of him being son of the Hulk (which is fine) but why dont they use his oldstrong abilities as well? He has taken on his fathers claim of being the strongest one there is (in that area) but he get caught off guard by dinosaurs and robots among other things and if he used his oldstrong power he would be probably twice as strong as he is with out it and he would be able to sense any living thing touching the ground.

It just seems like they are only using half of his abilities, which is a real shame because when they write him like that (only using his Hulk abilities) they are really just writing a Hulk story with a hulk similar character. His oldstrong background would be very easy to integrate in to the story and i think it is definitely under used, under rated, and the writers dont give him the proper amount of strength when he uses both. Caiera was able to injure, knock down, and even phase the hulk by hitting him with the old power. Skaar was born of the oldstrong as well as one of the strongest versions of the Hulk ever in existance, him being a bigger vessel should be able to channel and handle more oldstrong abilities and power flowing through his body then his mother making him that much more powerful.

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShadowX

Maybe they think he would be to stromng using his oldstrong powers aswell?
    doomsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By doomsilver

this is going to be very good for him.

i like skaar, more than a lot of other ones.

he got me back into comics.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF
    @nj06
    @Blurred View: 
    @Alch: 
    @jayskee: 
    @ShadowX: 
    @doomsilver: 

has anyone heard any word on where he is giong after the Savage Lands
    Superskrull86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Superskrull86

Can't wait. He hopefully will get to have his own villain.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEGRAAF

so he kind looks like he might be the one in the Dark Avengers. Does anyone know how Savage Lands ended?
    jakeeboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By jakeeboi17

I've ALWAYS had some fascination with The Savage Land, and this looks pretty good tbh :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.