GL Movie Sinestro an epic Fail???

Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Guardians look cool though.
What do you think?
#1 Posted by joshmightbe (24697 posts) - - Show Bio

theyre still in post production he could end up looking completely different

#2 Posted by Vitality (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see anything wrong with him. 

So far...unlike most...I like everything I've seen about the GL movie.
#3 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio

meh, its only concept art.

#4 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vitality said:
" I don't see anything wrong with him.  So far...unlike most...I like everything I've seen about the GL movie. "

I don't like his..Head. well we'll see about the effects of  "Post-Production". Guardians do look neat though, think I might hate this movie...I want Hal to have his ACTUAL uniform.
#5 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4157 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't stand the organic look to the GL uniforms, I guess since the ring is generating the uniform it works, but I don't know maybe once we see it on the big screen. Also I think what makes Sinestro look weird is because we all are so used to seeing him in his Sinestro corp.. or a little older the creepy jester outfit. Also don't like the long hair.

#6 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio

Why the Organic look? The Costume is Iconic. There must be LSD in the water out in Hollywood. No ones going to want an "Organic" GL T-shirt.  I think DC may not have learned their lesson just yet. For the sake of DC movies I hope this film compensates with Easter Eggs and a Solid Script, Otherwise The Marvel/DC film war will be over with DC just being the "Guys who bought you Batman"....
#7 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Updated costume
#8 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dracade102 said:
"
 Updated costume
"
GIANT FOREHEAD! IS AWESOME!!!
#9 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Sinestro in the GL movie is NOT an epic fail.  However, letting Ryan Reynolds play Hal Jordan IS an EPIC FAIL =P

#10 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious said:
" Sinestro in the GL movie is NOT an epic fail.  However, letting Ryan Reynolds play Hal Jordan IS an EPIC FAIL =P "
My concern was that Sinestro would be misrepresented. Clearly He won't be. The Casting of Reynolds is indeed strange, he would have been a better Flash for sure.
#11 Posted by Mediant (329 posts) - - Show Bio

I was skeptical at first, but the trailer assuaged any doubts I had. The movie Sinestro looks great.

#12 Posted by crackerjack82 (2606 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryan would of been better as Kyle or Guy not  Hal, hell i would of been happy with  John Stewart as the main character, bt i hope the story is great 

#13 Posted by IKnowEverything (359 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the guy who played Sinestro the same guy who plays Frank DeMiko in KICK-ASS?

#14 Posted by turoksonofstone (13199 posts) - - Show Bio
@IKnowEverything:  
Whoa. Old post. The Movie version of Sinestro was fine.
#15 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@IKnowEverything said:
Yep that's him. Mark Strong is his name.
#16 Posted by IKnowEverything (359 posts) - - Show Bio
@Green Skin said:
@IKnowEverything said:
Yep that's him. Mark Strong is his name .

thanks!
#17 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

Sinestro in the GL movie is NOT an epic fail. However, letting Ryan Reynolds play Hal Jordan IS an EPIC FAIL =P
#18 Edited by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie was a complete disgrace, we know

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.