Follow

Sinestro

Character » Sinestro appears in 1189 issues.

Once considered the greatest Green Lantern in any sector, Sinestro came to believe that the only way to ensure order in the universe was through the reign of fear, a crime for which the Guardians banished him to Qward. There he created the first yellow power ring and later on founded his own corps, The Sinestro Corps. He has clashed frequently with his former student and protege; Hal Jordan. The relationship between the two is a complicated one, a mixture of both hatred and respect in equal measures.

Four Reasons Why Sinestro is the Most Powerful Green Lantern [Spoilers]

• 75 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-64a584ff1973b
    deactivated-64a584ff1973b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 5

Sinestro was and is still the greatest lanturn ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

It Just comes down to ignorance and evolution. Sinestros an advanced species, not to mention a hard working a##hole. He learned his tricks because he never stopped himself from being a student, even the fact he made his own corps solidifies that. I have to admit, for a bigtime supervillian hes very humbled by his abilties. Jordans' an earth man, andlike anyone from earth, we find out we can make a big green tommy gun or boxing glove, we drop a duece and go use just that because it already blew our minds, anything else is "unnecessary"

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
    deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

10 to 1 hal got transported in the last ish

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By entropy_aegis

@dewboy01 said:

sinestro's a winy loser, who he thinks he can have it all, and share it with no one, he has no heart whats o' ever.

Good.Heart is for the weak.

garougrem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By garougrem

haha, yeah, i didn't even notice the Stewart - Bird reference.

@SpidermanWins - haha, i know right. Tell me your comparisons bro!

kimeraevet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By kimeraevet

Sinestro should take Kyle Rayner under his wing. No offense to Hal Jordan fans, but he isn't that great; ability to overcome childhood trauma notwithstanding. Kyle has lost more, overcome more and achieved more as a GL than Jordan has. He even has a hate/hate relationship with Sinestro.

I miss Kyle Rayner as Green Lantern. Johns sucks monkey balls.

AwesomeAquaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By AwesomeAquaman

I would like Sinestro more if he didn't look like a creep.

kaidynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By kaidynamite

the other earth lanterns probably didnt make him a ring because they probably dont have to authority to do so....and sinestro doesnt really care about rules anymore.

AtraCruor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By AtraCruor

Well there's also the big thing about the Sinestro Corps rings, they should still be unable to affect Sinestro at all.  That's how he stopped Mongul II when he made a power grab for control of the corps.  Unless there's been some unspoken thing, Sinestro being a GL now really shouldn't affect that fail safe.
    lennyoks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By lennyoks

Here's how i see the green lanterns;

WillPower is the muscle and few have more of this than Jordan(imo)

Imagination is the kung-fu and jordan is seriously lacking! he isn't a very smart guy. and Smarts is like Karate or judo or something. Sinestro is/was a supervillan the scheming kind, he is plenty smart

edtie97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By edtie97

Thats so cool how they can dim their light to black, It's almost like they have a stealth mode switch on their ring.

Avatar image for blueninjapanther
    blueninjapanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By blueninjapanther

Turning your ring from green to black looks awesome

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By jrock85

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@GL 2411 said:

One reason: Geoff Johns.

The man who has spent the last 4 years propping up Sinestro while turning Hal Jordan into a shallow "one note" character.

LISTEN TO THIS PERSON.

Deserves to be quoted again.

Tacowingnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Tacowingnut

Are you all insane? Hal has the most willpower? Ha!

I seem to remember when John was trying to permanently recreate Xanshi that his will actually EXCEEDED power ring limitations. When has that ever even been hinted at happening with anyone else?

JOHN STEWART FOREVER! (> o<)9

A-hem... That said, I do agree it's all a matter of training, experience and concentration, which Sinestro possesses in bucket loads, unlike his former-now-not-so-former-still-somewhat-undecided 'pupil'.

KnightlyTales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65  Edited By KnightlyTales

No one should be amazed at what Sinestro can do. He worked with Abin who, we were told, delved into the Book of Oa so he probably picked up some secrets he passed on. Also, Sinestro was likely to experiment with his ring more than anyone else (he's the type) and probably in ways that the Guardians would not have approved of had they known. As Sinestro quite cleary showed, the ring is connectd to the will power and the mind (imagination). You think what you want strongly enough and it happens. Compare what little bit of intelligence and imagination Hal has used over the years. Green boxing gloves? Come one. Sinestro is right, Hal really only used his ring in a small way. Sure, he has will power but when did he actually use it to fix things? Afterall, as Hal said himself in Justice series, he is responsible for an entire sector, he's the law. Yet how many times have we seen him bound by Earth laws, rules and governments. A GL should realistically be beyond that. I think Sinestro, however you want to argue right or wrong, did. He solved his world's problems and, conjecture here, was able to focus on the rest of his sector. The Guardians did say that his sector was the most ordered. How often have we seen Earth GL's do anything anywhere other than Earth and Oa (unless some specific mission came up)? There is a WHOLE sector they are supposed to work. Getting back to Sinestro's knowledge. He probably has delved more into the back history of the Guardians and the ring as he knew sooner or later, he would defy them. But what about his training? Was he trained by someone who knew more than what we have seen? The big Wog, according to the past series, had his instructor die before much training happened. Kilowog may not have been taught the full extent of his ring before he became a trainer. Training Hal, Wog simply did not know everything or perhaps considered some "tricks" unimportant. Nonetheless, whatever the truth is, I would fully believe that Sinestro knows as much, if not more about the green than the Guardians themselves.

Ruvik_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#66  Edited By Ruvik_

sinestro is kool

jason44143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By jason44143

apparently the writers never thought about the fact that green lantern's costume, made out of green lantern light, is a green, BLACK, and WHITE costume. i think they all know how to their costumes black, they somehow do it to specific parts of their costumes everytime

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#68  Edited By Ganthetsward20

I agree with a previous users idea, Humans would be so mind blown with the simple capabilities of the ring that experimenting with it would only go so far. Has it not been said that what one can do with the ring is only limited by the wearers mind? Sinestro is pretty bad ass and i think he knows it. I have always felt for him a bit in the sense of he wants to do the right thing. But i still want him wearing the yellow ring, but maybe he can rework the goal of his corps. And them yellow lanterns should remember to Beware Sinestro's Might, after all it is part of their oath.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Or35ti

I can't wait to see him perform some more awesome feats throughout the course of this series :)

Punchmaster12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Punchmaster12

Perhaps the Guardians didn't kick Sinestro out of the GLC because they knew that he knows the ring inside and out.

VSG413

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By VSG413

@Final Arrow: I honestly always thought the same ting when I didn't know much of the Green Lantern history. But I think everyone is right. I think Geoff Johns has his own agenda for Sinestro and is trying to buff him up a little more and give him a little more rep. However even if Sinestro is the most powerful Green Lantern I wouldn't care because Guy Gardner will always my favorite and that is all that matters.

master_wright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By master_wright

@Final Arrow: Perfect statement.

The thing is I know John stewart was able to use his stealth and in filtrate a planet, in fact the Guardains asked him to assist Alpha Lantern Boodika, it was all a trap but it illustrates the whole how you think thing being so critical, and an example of other Lanterns, John Stewart knowing more about the ring than Hal.

sincorps0913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im sure u can change the color of constructs. i mean, lanterns can bend all 7 color frequencies away from themselves simaltamiously to turn invisible, & if they can bend 7 colors at once, ~boy what a challenge it would be to bend 1 color.~ seeing a GL make a red construct wouldnt be much of a suprise, green is just the primary default color.

Theres so much more to that ring than i think even Johns can grasp. What really gets me is that sometimes there'll be Star Wars references but no ones made a construct of a lightsaber lol sticking to originality sometimes sucks

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IS there a quick explination as to why he is wearing green again. tried to get into the new 52 gl but i got confused. tried to wiki it but was left more confused. Wouldn't the guardians just shut down his ring? Or is his betrayal in the past erased at this point

thejman251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By thejman251

- Sinestrooooo

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.