Follow

Sinestro

Character » Sinestro appears in 1188 issues.

Once considered the greatest Green Lantern in any sector, Sinestro came to believe that the only way to ensure order in the universe was through the reign of fear, a crime for which the Guardians banished him to Qward. There he created the first yellow power ring and later on founded his own corps, The Sinestro Corps. He has clashed frequently with his former student and protege; Hal Jordan. The relationship between the two is a complicated one, a mixture of both hatred and respect in equal measures.

Do you think Sinestro has any hope for redemption

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Nahero

OK to start this off is that we know that Sinestro reveal to Soranik Natu that hes her father (reminds you of anyone) and he cares about her just as any father would and that's seems like a guy with some decency. Aside from his evil intentions and his own corps full of psychopaths and this insanity is driven by his need to bring order to the universe and his home planet and make it a better place (or something like that) but hes doing very messed up crap to accomplish that go figure. So im thinking with this little bright spot among his dark thoughts it might give us a story were he dies in a way the reedems himself but im sure you guy think im talking crud and besides if does die in the end of all this craziness would you guys want him to die like a punk or to have him die honorably, ok maybe not heroically but maybe in a way that he has a change of heart for his daughters sake or something cuz personally if i were sinestro who has a kid that hates me for what I do for a living id find that hurtful so give me your opinions you can call me a dumb optimistic doof ball just give me some honesty here thanks for hearin me out.

love N

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By AtPhantom

Redemption? No. But I do see him establishing a power base with the GLC's "blessing" after the blackest night. Kinda like what Zod is doing now. He is every bit the villain he was before, but this is sidelined since he's actually in charge.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nahero

so you highly doubt the possiblity of that his daughter could be the driving force that guides his actions?

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Calvin

No.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

He's the Hitler of the GL Universe... and he looks like him. He's killed way too many GLs to ever become "redeemed", but I'm sure DC will do it anyway because they like making me mad.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nahero
    @inferiorego said:
    " He's the Hitler of the GL Universe... and he looks like him. He's killed way too many GLs to ever become "redeemed", but I'm sure DC will do it anyway because they like making me mad. "
    lmao
    Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Apparition

if he does die, i would hope it would be honorably and that his daughter would be in his thoughts.  but i dont see that happening.

Nahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nahero
    @Apparition said:
    " if he does die, i would hope it would be honorably and that his daughter would be in his thoughts.  but i dont see that happening. "
    ok fair enough
    Zoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Zoom
    @inferiorego said:
    "He's the Hitler of the GL Universe... and he looks like him. He's killed way too many GLs to ever become "redeemed", but I'm sure DC will do it anyway because they like making me mad."

Exactly.

And like Hitler, he thinks he's doing the right thing.  You can't redeem somebody if they know exactly what they are doing and believe it to be 100% right.
    Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Moomin123

No. He probably doesn't want to redeem himself. He's made loads of buddies with other supervillains like Lex Luthor and the Joker. He's already really powerful, why would he throw it all away to become good again?

Avatar image for batarrowlantern
    batarrowlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By batarrowlantern

No there is nothing redeemable about him. Even his former love that they are giving us with a back story does nothing to sypathieze with him.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.