Who to add?

• 57 results
#1 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you feel the Sinestro Corps should add to their roster? I say Deathstroke.

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

gah...

ok, the sinestro corps automatically hunt down beings who "Install Great Fear"...

so basically you're just looking for the scariest mofo's in the DCU...

Lobo

Batman

Joker

Darksied

Brainiac

Azreal

the usual suspects lol

M

#3 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks. Coincidentally, congrats on being honored by the Hall.

But, would any team take the Joker? I mean, the man is just too psychotic to really trust with something like a power ring...

#4 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

same reason they took in Parallax...

his first agenda was to erase the universe and restart it from scratch lol

M

#5 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh...Yeah, I guess he would be nice, for, like, one war or something...but would you turn your back on that Clown, especially if he had an item that powerful at the ready?

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

hell no lol

He'd be crazy with an Quardian ring...

Batman can't use a GL ring, so who would go to stop him? lol

M

#7 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly. So, I don't see anyone in the Sinestro Corps making such a huge mistake like that...The only way is if they gave him, like, a temporary ring, one that would just die out after so many days or something...

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah... dunno...

Lobo would be a definite in for the SC...

M

#9 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, for sure...he'd be great for comic relief...Hmm. Doomsday's smart now, right? Could he be a candidate?

#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

that would be too horrifying to think about...

Doomsday with a powerring...

shudders

M

#11 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

No, you know what would be worse? Ok, I know this is now going past realistic, but...the Marvel Zombies. Would that not suck?

#12 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, can zombies use a power ring?

do they have imagination and will power?

M

#13 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh, in Marvel Zombies they do. In fact, right now, in Zombie continuity, the Marvel Zombies are the new Galactus, since eating him. It's quite hilarious...

#14 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Topic-killed!

#15 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry... was hunting something down for the Joker / Trickster thread lol

ummm...

for scaryness bring in Lobo... he'd be awesome with a powerring...

for absolute control, give it to Lex Luthor... imagine his will power and drive to succeed behind a power ring

M

#16 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

What if we gave one to Optimus prime and had him fight you know who, what would happen (other than a 30 page thread)?

#17 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Superkitty says:

"What if we gave one to Optimus prime and had him fight you know who, what would happen (other than a 30 page thread)?"

M
Post Edited:2007-08-22 09:46:37

#18 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Superkitty says:
"What if we gave one to Optimus prime and had him fight you know who, what would happen (other than a 30 page thread)?"

M"

Ok, it'll be our secret. Like the idea of the Joker getting a ring. He could make some crazy @$$ thought projections. I Imagine Batman would need outside help.

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

we discussed Joker and Batman before...

Joker with a yellow ring is pretty much the scariest idea next to Lobo with one i can think of...

Batman has problems using the ring for some reason... Hal gave him it once to try and he could barely get it to work because his subconscious had unresolved issues with his parents, so the ring only created constructs of them and bat's...

M

#20 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"gah...ok, the sinestro corps automatically hunt down beings who "Install Great Fear"...so basically you're just looking for the scariest mofo's in the DCU...LoboBatmanJokerDarksiedBrainiacAzrealthe usual suspects lolM"

now that's a list

#21 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker kicks ass, he took over the universe and stripped it bare, except from Superman and well he couldnt get rid of Batman even though he erased him from existence, good story, first comic

#22 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

You know who'd be a scary thought? Spectre. Or the Demon, the guy who always rhymes...Mix the Magic in with the Cosmic, that would be radical...

#23 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"You know who'd be a scary thought? Spectre. Or the Demon, the guy who always rhymes...Mix the Magic in with the Cosmic, that would be radical..."

Spectre doesn't need one... though in thoery he's hand one before when Hal Jordan was the host for the Spectre...

you mean Etrigan for the rhyming demon... yeah, thats a scary thought...

as for mixing Magic with the Cosmic, you've got Alan Scott and Jade (Jenny Lynn Hayden) for that

M

#24 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Etrigan's name. You could easily bag on him and call him Estrogen...

What's Jade's deal? She just screams "She-Hulk" to me...

#25 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"I don't like Etrigan's name. You could easily bag on him and call him Estrogen...

lol, it's a play on words...

if you read some of the back story to the 'sentinels of magic' and possibly the Hitman arc with Etrigan in it, hopefully it will make sense lol

Gottheit says:

"What's Jade's deal? She just screams "She-Hulk" to me..."

she's dead...

she was originally the daughter of Alan Scott and (umm... can't remember the mothers name, damnit lol)

but her mother was a plant based metahuman, as such, Jade had chlorophyll in her skin which gave her the 'green' hue...

she also had untapped Plant powers as well as the powers of the StarHeart from her father

M

#26 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, well if she's dead, there goes the Magic/cosmic hybrid, huh? HUH?! smashes milk carton against counter, it breaks like glass I'M A BLADE MAN, MAN, A BLADE MAN!!!

but, anyway...Jade seems cool. I might give her a chance...you know whose cool, though? That Martian Manhunter chick, who was on the Titans...what's her name?

#27 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Oh, well if she's dead, there goes the Magic/cosmic hybrid, huh? HUH?! *smashes milk carton against counter, it breaks like glass* I'M A BLADE MAN, MAN, A *BLADE MAN*!!!but, anyway...Jade seems cool. I might give her a chance...you know whose cool, though? That Martian Manhunter chick, who was on the Titans...what's her name?"

She was... she had a really good story arc with her engagement to Kyle Rayner and all the s#!t that followed... really emotional stuff...

umm, dunno, haven't actually caught up with the DCU after the crisis yet... still catching up with 52 lol

M

#28 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

See, Kyle Rainer is the best Green Lantern, I don't care what anyone says. He was the most imaginative with his power ring...isn't he evil right now?

#29 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

currently he's possessed by the Parallax symbiote (spit)

so yeah, he's evil

M

#30 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

What's Parallax? DC loses me with all it's random crap...I mean, it's base characters I find respecting more then Marvel, but Marvel knows how to make continuity not confusing...

#31 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

The Parallax symbiote is apparently the yellow fear weakness in the GL rings...

basically it's retconned bulls#!t

"An ancient horror - a being of pure fear that can possess other beings, ravage planets and strike terror into the hearts of even the Guardians of the Universe.

Parallax is the living embodiment of fear, a demonic parasitic entity which would travel from world to world, causing entire societies to destroy themselves out of fear and paranoia."

yep, reconned bulls#!t

M

#32 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

How come the living embodiment of fear doesn't look scary?

Hey...Wildstorm is a part of DC now, right?

#33 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

because the parallax symbiote was the worse retcon (IMO) that ever happened to DC...

it completely wrecked the Hal Jordan character... but i digress...

yeah, WS has been part of DC for a long, long time :D

M

#34 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool crossover idea: Freddy Krueger stumbles into the DC universe, gets a Sinestro Ring. Huh? HUH?! He's a muuuch better embodiment of fear then some yellow insect. Hell, Leatherface would do better...yeah, they're just adding random guys to the Sinestro Corps, it looks like...probably giving them their fifteen minutes...

You know what'd be as cool as a highlight reel of hasbeen DC villains, though? An original character comming out of this...

#35 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

dunno...

i did actually spot a Daxamite in the new Green Lanterns though... so all is not lost with them lol

M

#36 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, non-slasher fans probably wouldn't like the idea, but I'm just talking crossover, I'm not talking permanent story...more like a "What If" or "Elseworld's." then anything else.

#37 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

an elseworld would be quite cool...

the sinestro corps send yellow rings into Hypertime to find the worst of the worst...

M

#38 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly, they don't care where they end up, they're just desperate for good candidates...

#39 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, that would be a twisted elseworld to read

M

#40 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man...how come they don't do this? How come Wildstorm doesn't crossover the slashers with anybody? I mean, I would think that's why you make such huge movie characters into comic characters, to see them interact with the rest of that world...

#41 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"that would be too horrifying to think about...Doomsday with a powerring...*shudders*M"

i think you are right Methos Doomsday with a weapon that could potentially erase all shudders

#42 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the input, Darkchild.

#43 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Wildstorm do cross from time to time, but it's rare

M

#44 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

And Methos, I'm not talking about everyone else in the Wildstorm world, I'm talking about the guys like Jason, Freddy and Leatherface, who are Wildstorm characters. I mean, I don't think they even interact with other Wildstorm characters, do they? That's lame. Lame with a capital "L," which stands for either "Leprosy," "Lesbian Seagul," or "LAME."

P.S. I was really excited to see that I was the top poster, then I saw it was for "Sinestro Corps Forum only". Oh well...

#45 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

lol, yup, you are the top poster for the sinestro corps :D

M

#46 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

i say they should add lex luthor or joker..

#47 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Ain't no thang, G.

#48 Posted by JT (614 posts) - - Show Bio

i agree with boken

#49 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Both Luthor and Joker would be horrendous with the ring...

probably worse than Nero was

M

#50 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Nero? There's someone named Nero?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.