Sinestro Corps War voted Comic of the Year!!!

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

I kid you not, according to CNN's voting polls, "The Sinestro Corps War" was the clear winner of "Comic of the year", with "Sentences: The Life of M.F Grimm" coming in a close second.

"Top Comic Book: "Green Lantern: The Sinestro Wars" (DC Comics)As Hollywood tried in vain to excite audiences with their summer superhero sequels, writer Geoff Johns was quietly penning an epic blockbuster in the pages of DC's Green Lantern that put them all to shame. The galaxy spanning "Sinestro Wars," wrapping up in Green Lantern #25, featured the kind of action and intrigue that should be required reading for studio execs as a how-to in the superhero action genre."

http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/blogs/marquee/2007/12/best-of-rest.html

Nice to know that Green Lantern is finally getting some of the limelight (No pun intended) that it desperately deserves!

M

#2 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yup, definitely deserved to win :D

i didn't even know CNN sponsored a comic of the year until i came across that page :D

M

#3 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Well it was friggin excellent.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224190 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like the Sinestro Corps war series ! It was awesome

#5 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

stands up and applauds the genius

Well done. Loved every bit of the war.

#6 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Woohoo, congratulations to the Sinestro Corps War for getting Comic of the Year. It was an excellent event to read about.

#7 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

And very deserving. It was absolutely fantastic.

#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, it definitely ranked as my top arc of 2007

M

#9 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

It was awesome. Being a great arc while also setting up (potentially) great future arcs is no mean feat.

#10 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

something i've just realized, that sort of diminishes this but is funny none the less...

CNN is owned by WB, which in turn owns DC comics... a connection there? nah lol

M

#11 Posted by Maelstrom (4623 posts) - - Show Bio

It DOES make you wonder, doesn't it? :P

But nonetheless, the arc was great and enjoyable.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.