How many Sinestro Corps members are there?

#1 Posted by Clark_EL (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

How many Sinestro Corps members were there at there max height?

Also what about at the beginning of the new 52?

#2 Posted by lightsout (1829 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh boy...I'm totally going off (tired) memory, but wasn't Arkillo the only remaining member? At one point into the new-52 he was, at least.

#3 Posted by Clark_EL (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

@lightsout: There were a lot more members in the new 52 than just Arkillo.

#4 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL: @lightsout: in the beggining there was a bunch but right now IIRC there's only one, Arkillo

#5 Posted by Clark_EL (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jorgevy: Yeah Hal and Sinestro took the others out.

#6 Posted by Clark_EL (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else know?

Is it the same amount as the GL corps?...higher, lower?

#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20264 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know the definite numbers and I'm no expert, but I'd assume its well under the Green Lantern Corp's numbers.

#8 Posted by Clark_EL (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Do you have a rough estimate?

#9 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably a a couple hundreds i'm guessing.

#10 Posted by Clark_EL (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThunderGodsWrath: OK....I was thinking 200....the Gl corps has 7,200

#11 Posted by New_World_Order (13235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL said:

@ThunderGodsWrath: OK....I was thinking 200....the Gl corps has 7,200

Yep

#12 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20264 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry I don't know much. I'm months behind in like....every comic book.

#13 Posted by Clark_EL (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: It's all good.

#14 Posted by dondave (37646 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL: They have exactly the same number as the Green Lantern Corps ;7200, they have 2 for every sector to counteract the Green Lanterns for each sector IIRC

#15 Posted by Clark_EL (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Really? I thought they just had a couple hundred.

#16 Posted by dondave (37646 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL: I don't think so because whenever they die it's similar to the Green lanterns that it show their sector number and their ring finding a replacement essentially showing that IMO that they have a ring in every sector. Also the Weaponer is still alive but he's not a Yellow Lantern anymore

#17 Posted by Clark_EL (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: Ok, true but don't all the corps do that....they say the number of the sector of the person who has the greatest feel of that emotion so I think it would be that way for all the corps but I'm not sure.

#18 Posted by Clark_EL (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP!

#19 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL said:

Ok, true but don't all the corps do that....they say the number of the sector of the person who has the greatest feel of that emotion so I think it would be that way for all the corps but I'm not sure.

Nope. Unless I'm very much mistaken, the other Corps select members based on who deserves a Ring: For the Reds, do you have great Rage in your heart? Boom, you've got a ring. For the Indigos, do you require a lesson in compassion? Boom, one purple brainwashing, at your service. The reason the Green's and Yellow's have that system is because they're both militarized forces, designed to use their abilities for their own respective ends: For the Green's, as a police force. For Yellow, whatever Sinestro wants.

Anyway: I'm fairly certain I read somewhere about Hal and Sinestro wiping out the vast majority of the Corps following Sinestro's reinstatement as a Green Lantern. Him 'cleaning up his mess', so to speak, thus leaving only Arkillo.

#20 Posted by SmashBrawler (5754 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if you want to get technical, there's not Sinestro Corps members left, since Sinestro has clearly lost Arkillo's loyalty.

#21 Posted by Clark_EL (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: you are correct the first issued of Green Lantern new 52...........The Green's, Yellow's, and the Red's are the biggest right? Those are the Lantern armies, the others are really tribes to protect there own planet.

#22 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clark_EL said:

The Green's, Yellow's, and the Red's are the biggest right? Those are the Lantern armies, the others are really tribes to protect there own planet.

Probably. The Green's and Yellow's have a system to insure constant sufficient recruits. The Red's just live in a reality that's enough like ours to be filled with people angry and full of hatred at the universe. Comparatively, the other emotions with their own Corps are mostly positive. And people who feel a great deal of those tend to be a lot harder to find.

#23 Posted by danhimself (22565 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@Clark_EL: They have exactly the same number as the Green Lantern Corps ;7200, they have 2 for every sector to counteract the Green Lanterns for each sector IIRC

I don't think they were ever even.....there were never 2 Sinestro Corps members per sector...at most there were 3600

#24 Posted by Clark_EL (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: Well didn't the Green's and Red's have there own war at one point, or they fought with the yellows as allies against the Green's?

@danhimself: That's what I kind of thought.

#25 Posted by Clark_EL (2659 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!

#26 Edited by Extremis (3350 posts) - - Show Bio

@clark_el: well I can give you an educated range: 3,600-7,200

When a Sinestro Corps member dies their ring seeks a replacement. Whether or not they have two Lanterns for each sector like the GLs, I don't know and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. So if they had 1 for every 1 sector, that would mean 3,600.

Also, the range I suggested could still be wrong as they might not have a Yellow Lantern for EVERY sector either. So yeah... Still not sure lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.