Create your own Marvel Yellow Lantern Corps

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Build your own 5 person (or more if you're feeling ambitious) Sinestro Corps using Marvel characters.

• Explain why their part of the Corps
  • They must have a leader
  • No cosmic-level beings (i.e. Silver Surfer, Thanos, etc.)
#2 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

Leader: Ghost Rider

Why?: The most terrifying and has morals that would fit well with Sinestro

Moon Knight

Why?: He's essentially Marvel's Batman. Plus he's insane, and insane people are always scary

Venom

Why?: He terrified and terrorized Peter Parker when they first met. His appearance helps too. Not to mention, while he's physically strong, he also remains above average intelligence. That's scary

Carnage

Why?: See Venom. Plus, Carnage was a former serial killer, making him more terrifying and more willing to do terrible things.

#3 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

THREAD BUMP

#4 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: @gambit1024:

Punisher, Deadpool, Wolverine, Sabretooth, Typhoid Mary, Hulk(Come on, EVERYONE except Thor is afraid of him), Dr. Doom. Yellow Lantern Oath

"In blackest day or brightest night, I'll bring your fears into the light, let those that stand against what's right, beware my power for fear burns bright!"

#5 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@smart_dork_dude
Don't think Deadpool or Wolverine will fit there. Deadpool just annoys the people he encounters for the most part, and Wolverine isn't really fear based.

Dr.Doom would be pretty interesting.

#6 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru said:

@smart_dork_dude

Don't think Deadpool or Wolverine will fit there. Deadpool just annoys the people he encounters for the most part, and Wolverine isn't really fear based.

I don't know, when Deadpool puts his mind to it he can do some pretty horrific stuff. Not to mention the fact Wolverine is very good at intimidating most people and has a reputation that would inspire a lot of fear.

#7 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru said:

@smart_dork_dude

I don't know, when Deadpool puts his mind to it he can do some pretty horrific stuff. Not to mention the fact Wolverine is very good at intimidating most people and has a reputation that would inspire a lot of fear.

He can do horrific stuff, but don't you earn the ring by inspiring fear through others? And some people would look up to Wolverine. I know, same can be said for even villains, but I think more people would consider him a hero.

#8 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2633 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru said:

@smart_dork_dude said:

@sideburnguru said:

@smart_dork_dude

He can do horrific stuff, but don't you earn the ring by inspiring fear through others? And some people would look up to Wolverine. I know, same can be said for even villains, but I think more people would consider him a hero.

I'd say anyone who's ever seen Deadpool slaughter numerous henchmen and not die would be VERY fearful of him. Also just because someone is a hero doesn't mean they can't become a member of the Sinestro Corps. Keep in mind Sinestro doesn't think he's the bad guy, he thinks he and his corps are doing good work. Even BATMAN was chosen at one point.

#9 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@sideburnguru said:

@smart_dork_dude said:

@sideburnguru said:

@smart_dork_dude

I'd say anyone who's ever seen Deadpool slaughter numerous henchmen and not die would be VERY fearful of him. Also just because someone is a hero doesn't mean they can't become a member of the Sinestro Corps. Keep in mind Sinestro doesn't think he's the bad guy, he thinks he and his corps are doing good work. Even BATMAN was chosen at one point.

I'm not saying that. I'm saying, when Deadpool starts talking and acting clownish it takes away the fear. I'm not saying that some wouldn't fear him, I'm saying he doesn't strike fear into as many people as someone such as Sinistero or even Batman would.

#10 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6458 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: @gambit1024:

Punisher, Deadpool, Wolverine, Sabretooth, Typhoid Mary, Hulk(Come on, EVERYONE except Thor is afraid of him), Dr. Doom. Yellow Lantern Oath

"In blackest day or brightest night, I'll bring your fears into the light, let those that stand against what's right, beware my power for fear burns bright!"

Deadpool is too funny and goofy to be Sinestro Corps, he really doesn't fit. Hulk is far too mindless to be Sinestro Corps levels of scary: Plus, he's a Red Lantern. Dr Doom's not a bad choice, but he seems more Orange Lantern to me. Typhoid Mary is an AWESOME choice IMO.

#11 Posted by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

This seems just too very odd

#12 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

And all the Yellow Lantern Corps are led by a stable Void!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.