Joseph Gordon-Levitt Says 'No' To 'Guardians,' Yes To 'Sin City 2'

Posted by No_Name_ (17409 posts) - - Show Bio

If there's one person we've talked a lot about lately it's actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt. He's been rumored to be in talks for a Justice League movie as well as offered a role in the Marvel's upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy film, but these have all been just rumors, until now. The actor recently took to his Twitter account to confirm the most recent rumor and announce that he will be joining the cast of Sin City 2.

The actor will be playing the part of a gambler named Johnny, a role originally written for actor Johnny Depp, who turned it down.

Probably the best news to come out of all of this might be the fact that Gordon-Levitt seems genuinely excited to be a part of the project that has been a long time coming. The actor will be joining a stellar cast who will reprise their roles from the first film including Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Jaime King and Rosario Dawson, to name a few. It will be interesting to see where Frank Miller and Robert Rodriguez take this story. What do you think of the news? Are you looking forward to seeing Gordon-Levitt in the role?

Source: The Hollywood Reporter and Twitter

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6670 posts) - - Show Bio

it funny with me and Frank millers work. On one hand i think his movies are epic (exept for the spirit that thing was crap not worth the £10 ciniema ticket) and on the other hid comic stuff is just bad. Really looking forward to sin city 2

#2 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see what the craze is about this actor, but I hope he does well.

#3 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15123 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: Miller is as underrated as he is overrated. TDKR, Year One, Sin City, and 300 are amazing. While TDKSB and others are horrible.

#4 Posted by yo_yo_fun (643 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll be honest, I'll see Joseph Gordon-Levitt in ANYTHING.lol ;)

#5 Posted by queenfrost_ (2499 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't like the movie but I love the cast. Rosario Dawson <3

#6 Posted by Jawshco (244 posts) - - Show Bio

JGL is a good actor, but I don't think he'll ever top his role in the movie, 10 Things I Hate About You. Classic Shakespeare brought to the modern age. Great film.

#7 Posted by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

Yikes, Joe cursed? :/

#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (12401 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL

#9 Posted by Stormultt (5317 posts) - - Show Bio

Disgusting

#10 Posted by Roddy010 (5392 posts) - - Show Bio

Great he's an awesome actor and I love Sin City.

#11 Posted by BR_Havoc (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Hasn't Sin City been in production for like 5 years? I mean I remember when Johnny Depp was rumored to be in it. I hope it comes out the first one was great but I am not going to buy into this to much till I see me a release date. As got JGL I think he is a good actor but he is getting to be one of those actors that is rumored to be in everything.

#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jawshco
JGL is a good actor, but I don't think he'll ever top his role in the movie, 10 Things I Hate About You. Classic Shakespeare brought to the modern age. Great film.
Amazing movie. Will forever be one of my favorites.
#13 Posted by LordRequiem (1323 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no doubt that if Sin City 2 is anything like the first then, well.... it'll be terrible. And the GOTG features a talking raccoon sooooo poor choices on either side.

#14 Posted by ccraft (5497 posts) - - Show Bio

JGL was the gay kid from That 70's Show :/

#15 Posted by Joygirl (20158 posts) - - Show Bio

This little bastard is on top of the world all of a sudden. Who would have ever thought the little kid from Third Rock would go so far.

#16 Posted by cmaprice (813 posts) - - Show Bio
@Smurfboy said:

Yikes, Joe cursed? :/

Is that an issue now?
#17 Posted by Azrael66 (277 posts) - - Show Bio

FTW!

#18 Posted by End_Boss (738 posts) - - Show Bio

Where did he say no to the Guardians of the Galaxy movie? I see only him being stoked about Sin City 2.

@LordRequiem said:

And the GOTG features a talking raccoon sooooo poor choices on either side.

Seriously. They're putting in Rocket Raccoon and not including Nova. How the hell? How. The. Hell?

#19 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7693 posts) - - Show Bio

JGL will be in every movie of 2013. Great Actor btw

#20 Posted by Trixie (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Enough of him already ugh

#21 Posted by HexThis (916 posts) - - Show Bio

For some reason, Joseph Gordon Levitt doesn't resonate with me. I don't hate him or anything but I just don't walk away from his movies with a lasting impression. I keep forgetting he was even in Dark Knight Rises.

#22 Posted by Mildor (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I respect him more now that he choose to be in sin city 2 and not GoG. You need to have brains n blls to make such a good decision; i wished that a fraction of that could have had nolan, hardy and hathaweird before making nolans vatman movie.

#23 Edited by TheMultiverse (146 posts) - - Show Bio

Will he crunch his face up like Max Payne, or uuh Bruce Willis for half the film?! :) JGL is a great actor. Should make the film fail a lot less.

#24 Posted by snootchie_bootchies (131 posts) - - Show Bio

He does seem excited. He said fuck.

#25 Posted by Manbehindthewires (344 posts) - - Show Bio

It's like Ryan Reynolds all over again...

#26 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4873 posts) - - Show Bio

@Manbehindthewires: Bahaha so true, ora Chris Evans (+)

#27 Posted by Tolliver_Trask (76 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds cool, I'm excited as heck!

#28 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Much better choice I say.

#29 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

good choice JGL

#30 Posted by The_Tree (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot wait for Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, the first movie is easily one of my favorite comic book movies ever.

#31 Posted by TDK_1997 (15086 posts) - - Show Bio

The movie is going to be epic.

#32 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (3602 posts) - - Show Bio

Sin City 2 I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@HexThis said:

For some reason, Joseph Gordon Levitt doesn't resonate with me. I don't hate him or anything but I just don't walk away from his movies with a lasting impression. I keep forgetting he was even in Dark Knight Rises.

lol same here, and I feel the same about him while watching Lincoln, The only movie last year he really made a big impression on was Looper. I like JGL though and I am not mad that he is in this film.

#33 Posted by powerhouse1122 (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Love to see that guy do another epic role. This guy is great. Unique and simple like on looper, premium rush, 50/50. If only they wud put a spin-off sequel to the DKR.

#34 Posted by The Average Bear (2080 posts) - - Show Bio

Sqqqqquuuueaals

#35 Posted by Simpson (16 posts) - - Show Bio

So excited for this movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.