'A Dame To Kill For' Movie Adds Actresses Jaime King And Jamie Chung

Posted by No_Name_ (17403 posts) - - Show Bio

We've been hearing a lot about the upcoming movie Sin City: A Dame To Kill For which is being written by SIN CITY writer Frank Miller, and being directed by Robert Rodriguez. The film, which is being adapted from Miller's graphic novel will implement elements we saw in the original book as well as some new things Miller has cooked up specifically for the film adaptation. The film will likely see the return of various actors and actresses to reprise their roles, but it seems we will also be seeing some new faces.

Earlier today, The Hollywood Reporter revealed that actresses Jaime King and Jaime Chung have signed on for Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill For. What characters these two actresses will be portraying, however, remains to be seen. Actors that are said to be returning to the film so far include Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba and Rosario Dawson. You might recall having seen Rourke's character, Marv, die in the first film; so how will they be bringing him back? Well, just like in Miller's graphic novel, A Dame To Kill For will be a prequel to Sin City; meaning that the events in the second film take place beforehand.

According to THR, actress Jaime King will be playing the part of Goldie's twin sister, Wendy (the actress played Goldie in the first film) and Jamie Chung will play the role of Miho in place of actress Devon Aoki who played the part in the first film. The role of Ava, the femme fatale, has yet to be filled.

What do you think about the news? Are you looking forward to the sequel?

Source: THR

#1 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!!

#2 Posted by The King of Kings (118 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber said:

YES!!!

Co-signed.

And Jamie King, hellz yeah

#3 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7220 posts) - - Show Bio

@The King of Kings: I use to hate Mickey Rourke until I saw the first film.

Even my mother liked it and she hates comics and comic films

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92083 posts) - - Show Bio

Loveeeeee Jamie Chung!

#5 Posted by Chaos Burn (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont get was Jaimie King iint he first one?

#6 Posted by davidgrantlloyd (321 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking forward to this.

#7 Posted by spideyfan69 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

Makes sense, cause there definately dames to kill for jk :)

#8 Posted by derf_jenkins (260 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see several more Sin City movies done by Rob Rodriguez. I absolutely adore the first one. Just the feel that I got from watching it. If felt so true.

#9 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Still have yet to see the first one, but awesome I say. Awesome!

#10 Posted by antemiusenteri (216 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish Devon stayed on , she was the best part , can't imagine Jaime as Miho i still can't imagine her as Mulan , even though she been playing Mulan

#11 Posted by Owie (3299 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet, glad they're bringing in Miho. Maybe we'll get more comments on her battles in the battles forum after it comes out!

#12 Posted by wmwadeii (3119 posts) - - Show Bio

Glad they are finally getting this done. I remember when the first film came out they were already in talks to create the next two back to back, filming at the same time similar to LOTR. Not always a fan when they do a prequal and bring back characters, especially when its years later and the actors have aged.

#13 Edited by cmaprice (787 posts) - - Show Bio

Correction:
King played both Goldie and Wendy in the first film. But mostly Wendy. Goldie's the one who died in her first scene. Despite that, Marv does repeatedly call Wendy by her sister's name.

#14 Posted by Xanni15 (6743 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Dwight comes back too.

#15 Posted by ThomasElliot (357 posts) - - Show Bio

For once, I'm kind of glad they replaced an actor in a sequel. Nothing against devon aoki, but she always had this odd look about her to me, most because of her mixed heritage. Look up the Miho art from the comic and Devon really was not a good fit, superficially speaking anyway.

#16 Posted by dondasch (925 posts) - - Show Bio

No Devon Aoki as Miho=not really interested.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.