Follow

Simon Spurrier

Person » Simon Spurrier is credited in 945 issues.

Simon "Si" Spurrier is a British comic book writer mainly known for his work on 2000AD.

Marvel Give This Guy a Mainstream book!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

This guy is brilliant. His recent titles X-Men Legacy and new title X-Force are absolutely fantastic. C'Mon Marvel, give this guy something major to do!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I recall that @saren is a major fan of Spurrier's X-Men Legacy series (but that may be because he's a Legion fanboy too :P) In any case, Marvel seem to have a writing cabel that they designate most of their mainstream books to. Aaron, Remander, Slott, Hickman and Waid are their main choices for any top selling comic book character and it's often been the case that the better quality comics are the ones that actually sell less e.g Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow or Nick Spencer's Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@lvenger said:

I recall that @saren is a major fan of Spurrier's X-Men Legacy series (but that may be because he's a Legion fanboy too :P) In any case, Marvel seem to have a writing cabel that they designate most of their mainstream books to. Aaron, Remander, Slott, Hickman and Waid are their main choices for any top selling comic book character and it's often been the case that the better quality comics are the ones that actually sell less e.g Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow or Nick Spencer's Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

I saw someone make a (kind of depressing) guess as to why that is yesterday: people are simply too dumb to appreciate the good comics.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Lvenger

@xwraith said:

@lvenger said:

I saw someone make a (kind of depressing) guess as to why that is yesterday: people are simply too dumb to appreciate the good comics.

That is almost an accurate assessment I'm afraid. Sure there are good high selling comics but it's often the case that the best comics in the industry might not necessarily be the highest selling ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
    deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@lvenger said:

Yeah and that's a shame. Of the guys you listed I've really only read much from Hickman and Remender. I am a huge fan of GA & SFOS.

BigL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

@jake_fury: Agreed completely. Loved his run on X-Men Legacy and X-Force is great at the moment

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.